El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
echolalia

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Postby echolalia » 19 Aug 2017, 13:49

My wife and I will be at large in the Los Angeles area from 26 August to 5 September. We would be delighted to meet any BCBers in the vicinity, so please give a shout if you’re interested.

Brickyard Jack

Re: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Postby Brickyard Jack » 20 Aug 2017, 17:09

echolalia wrote:My wife and I will be at large in the Los Angeles area from 26 August to 5 September. We would be delighted to meet any BCBers in the vicinity, so please give a shout if you’re interested.

If it is anything like my visit to New York, you may as well make your own plans for every night.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Aug 2017, 17:28

Positive Passion wrote:
echolalia wrote:My wife and I will be at large in the Los Angeles area from 26 August to 5 September. We would be delighted to meet any BCBers in the vicinity, so please give a shout if you’re interested.

If it is anything like my visit to New York, you may as well make your own plans for every night.

It's my experience that very few people regularly look at the JU page. I don't know if you have met anyone from BCB before or this was your first time, but a week's notice to see a complete stranger (unless you have an old board name I don't know about) isn't going to get most people rushing for their coat and hat, I wouldn't have thought.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 20 Aug 2017, 18:20

^^^^^ great post. Thank you. wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

It's my experience that very few people regularly look at the JU page. I don't know if you have met anyone from BCB before or this was your first time, but a week's notice to see a complete stranger (unless you have an old board name I don't know about) isn't going to get most people rushing for their coat and hat, I wouldn't have thought.

Crazy!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Aug 2017, 18:23

Positive Passion wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Crazy!

:D

Sorry. I have been very short tempered for weeks.
Time for a holiday I think.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 20 Aug 2017, 18:29

Positive Passion wrote:

Crazy!

:D

Sorry. I have been very short tempered for weeks.
Time for a holiday I think.

Not offence taken, of course. I did wonder whether anyone would be adventurous enough - after all no doubt people do go to bars, and they could say we will be in x bar on Wednesday, send me a pm to sort out details etc. Also I am not sure how many posters reside in NYC or more specifically Manhattan these days. And yes I have posted on here off and on since 2003 or something.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 21 Aug 2017, 11:06

Positive Passion wrote:If it is anything like my visit to New York, you may as well make your own plans for every night.

Oh well. The less time I spend with BCBers the more time I get to spend weeping at the Gram Parsons shrine, I suppose. It's win-win.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 21 Aug 2017, 18:32

I would love to meet you if possible, unfortunately I will be either caught up in family stuff or gone for much of that time. I will PM you when it gets closer and see how my schedule's looking. What part of town are you staying in?

I actually live 50 miles out of LA now, but am there a lot.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 21 Aug 2017, 18:59

Positive Passion wrote:

Don't be sad. When I was there we had a micro JU at Manitoba's. A bar worth visiting anyway.

GuyE lives in Turkey now and Rita works in the centre but lives out in the sticks.
Snarfy's the only one close by I think. Another girl who was there at the time has now vanished from the face of the earth.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 21 Aug 2017, 23:14

toomanyhatz wrote:I would love to meet you if possible, unfortunately I will be either caught up in family stuff or gone for much of that time. I will PM you when it gets closer and see how my schedule's looking. What part of town are you staying in?

I actually live 50 miles out of LA now, but am there a lot.

We have no itinerary except we’ll be in Santa Monica for the first couple of nights. We're going to meet Richard (zoomboogity) down his way, and then will shape a course for the Mojave Desert. And then we will be back in Los Angeles by Saturday 2 August, I’d imagine. That’s the rough plan so far, but I don’t see any problems in changing it if it suits you. We’ll keep in touch, anyway.

TG

Postby TG » 22 Aug 2017, 06:50

I'm in. Perhaps we can nudge Matt W and Quaco and get something together.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

echolalia

Postby echolalia » 22 Aug 2017, 22:25

I think Quaco has agenda conflicts too but perhaps narrowing it down to 2/3/4 September would help? I don’t want anyone bending over backwards/enduring hours of traffic on our account but if some consensus could be reached we would point our car in your direction (in a nice way of course).

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 26 Aug 2017, 01:26

Sorry, didn't see this until now, as I haven't been on here much recently. The actual day of the 26th (tomorrow), I'll be busy, but after that, including the end of the trip, we should both be around. I'm officially working as of today, so I'll be back on M-F/9-6 hours, so evenings and weekends!

Looking forward to seeing you, Mark. I had the best time hanging with you two in Lisbon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TG

Postby TG » 27 Aug 2017, 21:29

That's the holiday weekend. I'd say Sunday might be the best day, but I'm open.

May I offer the Idle Hour in North Hollywood as a possible meeting place. First, it's shaped like a barrel! Second, they have a patio out back that's well shaded, the food was good, the music acceptable and it's shaped like a barrel! Or wherever works for our guests, of course.
Jeff K wrote:Not at all. I love TG. I might be the only one on BCB who does but I don't care.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 27 Aug 2017, 23:46

I'll be in San Diego from Friday through Monday. Open for anything before that.

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 27 Aug 2017, 23:53

Idle Hour sounds great! And maybe something Matt-oriented before Friday, an evening perhaps. Let's see what echolalia and wife are doing....

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 28 Aug 2017, 00:11

I think I might be available some evening between Tuesday and Thursday if something comes together. Let me know...
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Quaco
F R double E

Postby Quaco » 29 Aug 2017, 23:55

Sunday is the Rainbow's annual backyard party thing. Enuff Z'Nuff, Dokken, Bow Wow Wow (?), Bag Tango, etc.! I want to go!

zoomboogity
Shakin' All Over

Postby zoomboogity » 30 Aug 2017, 16:39

Wow. Something for everyone in LA, I guess. Except driveable freeways. And updated infrastructure. And underground water mains built after 1930. And... oh, never mind...

On Monday I took Mr. & Mrs. E to Sunken City, where the "scattering ashes into the ocean" scene in The Big Lebowski was filmed. To my surprise, neither of them has seen it. I didn't give the punchline away. I had an early doctor appointment in Glendale that morning, so I'd been awake since 1.30am - yes, two hours to get out of pain and get up, an hour to get ready, hit the road by 5am, beat the traffic and arrive in Glendale by 6am, then relax and have breakfast and be there by 8am. Being up and around all day was torture on my nerve pain, so major relief to finally lay down, but we had a nice time anyway. Great folks, both of them. Planning on sufficient rest if we can meet up again while they're still here. (This doctor stuff is getting really tiring. Next week it's UCLA at 4.30pm. Oh boy.)

Anyway, they went straight to Palm Springs from here, where it hit 117 degrees yesterday. But Woodland Hills was 114, and no one in Palm Springs is still dinking around with this "swamp cooler" nonsense, so they're probably better off out there, at least until it cools down this weekend. (What is it with you Valley people? Half of you still don't even have AC yet. What are you waiting for?)

And how does Bow Wow Wow fit into that Rainbow bill? But why not, right? I didn't even know they had concerts there. I've only ever been there once. As long as everyone there has a good time, that's the main thing. Remember: skullet photos, or it didn't happen.

"Quite."

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 30 Aug 2017, 16:44

Quaco wrote:Sunday is the Rainbow's annual backyard party thing. Enuff Z'Nuff, Dokken, Bow Wow Wow (?), Bag Tango, etc.! I want to go!

No Nitro?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Return to “Footy Ups”