Austin pics

Backslapping time. Well done us. We are fantastic.
Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Re: Austin pics

Postby Velvis » 30 May 2009, 17:50

Personally, I love this photo. The Baron. Voluble, knowledgeable, good-humored. A bullshitter, and an enjoyer of good company. This is you, Michael. Enjoy who you are.

Sort of changing the subject, did you ever think about teaching? You'd be great at it.
a gibbon running freely

Velvis
Mellowed down easy

Postby Velvis » 30 May 2009, 18:01

How about some tracklistings from Baron and the Unknown Compiler?
a gibbon running freely

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 May 2009, 18:55

Velvis wrote:Image

Personally, I love this photo. The Baron. Voluble, knowledgeable, good-humored. A bullshitter, and an enjoyer of good company. This is you, Michael. Enjoy who you are.

Sort of changing the subject, did you ever think about teaching? You'd be great at it.

Thanks, Velvis! I do enjoy who I am, I just don't enjoy seeing my chubby face! I would enjoy teaching, and if I could get a gig teaching criminal procedure of constitutional law part time, I would probably do it. My family is all teachers and preachers, and a preacher is what I would be best at, but the modern world, etc.

I'll post a tracklist in a bit - in San Antonio at my dads right now.

EDIT: Will post on the other thread as Six String has started the ball rolling there.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

moonie

Postby moonie » 30 May 2009, 21:31

I've managed to salvage a few pics. I'll hopefully get them loaded later.

I wish I had a pic of how loopy baron was when he questioned what kind of person would have jasmine blowing around in their mind. Then I wish I had a pic of mr. fishes being a drama queen when I knocked into him. It should be known he handled the Irish Car Bomb much better than I did!

I've laughed for the last week over that one!

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 31 May 2009, 17:02

I am rarely happier than when sitting outside at Torchy's with some modern tacos, Mexican Coke, and homies.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Jun 2009, 18:03

Speed Baron wrote:

I am rarely happier than when sitting outside at Torchy's with some modern tacos, Mexican Coke, and homies.

You strike me as a traditionalist when it comes to food, like the 'que we had in Luling so I'm surprised that you embrace the modern taco with such gusto. They did make some interesting and very tasty tacos, no doubt.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 01 Jun 2009, 18:39

Who was the dog bowl for?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 01 Jun 2009, 23:44

Six String wrote:
Speed Baron wrote:I am rarely happier than when sitting outside at Torchy's with some modern tacos, Mexican Coke, and homies.

You strike me as a traditionalist when it comes to food, like the 'que we had in Luling so I'm surprised that you embrace the modern taco with such gusto. They did make some interesting and very tasty tacos, no doubt.

Well spotted, Six! It is something that I first grudgingly accepted and now embrace. I mean, I can bitch about the fact that the tacos have dumb names and cost twice as much as they should, but the fact is that Torchy's has an outpost across the street from my apartments, they're open early and late, and they taste pretty damn good. It is silly for me to let my stupid prejudices get in the way of . . . eating.

Six String

Postby Six String » 01 Jun 2009, 23:54

A lot of people look at me strange when I talk about fish tacos. They are so used to four legged creatures in their tortillas that the idea of something with scales seems bizarre. It could be that they don't eat much fish anyway. Me, I love them. We had halibut tacos yesterday for lunch that I made and I had enough for leftovers for work today which was extra nice.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 02 Jun 2009, 00:02

Six String wrote:A lot of people look at me strange when I talk about fish tacos. They are so used to four legged creatures in their tortillas that the idea of something with scales seems bizarre. It could be that they don't eat much fish anyway. Me, I love them. We had halibut tacos yesterday for lunch that I made and I had enough for leftovers for work today which was extra nice.

Fish tacos are amazingt, but we're not particularly close to a lot of seafood -- or at least a wide variety of it. And freshwater fish tacos just seem weird.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 02 Jun 2009, 00:03

What's up with me and Six talking about freaking tacos? I know there are more photos out there. It was like the paparazzi days up in there for awhile. :?

toomanypillowz
Location: The Historic Wilshire Vista District in Los Angeles

Postby toomanypillowz » 02 Jun 2009, 01:18

I took a bunch of photos, but haven't had a chance to post them yet. It may be a few days, but they're a'comin' . . . .
Lance Matthew wrote:Oh, I've always inspired extreme reactions. I can reduce normal people to screaming harpies in minutes.

toomanyhatz wrote: Fuck you with a Craftsman rotary drill.

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 02 Jun 2009, 01:45

Speed Baron wrote:What's up with me and Six talking about freaking tacos? I know there are more photos out there. It was like the paparazzi days up in there for awhile. :?

Our last night of the tour we found ourselves in Winnie, Tx and stumbled upon this local eaterie called Al-T's Cajun Cuisine.
The parking lot was stacked (always a good sign), the place was full of local families, the waitresses were just the right amount of rude, the busboy was really backwards (sorry) and the plates were so filled even Leg of Lamb would have had trouble trying to look over them.

Needless to sat the food was absolutely no-nonsense and superb.
Crawfish by the pound, ditto alligator. 19.95 $ would get you the special which had everything. I'm quoting here: "Cup of seafood gumbo, chicken & sausage gumbo, red beans and rice, one fried shrimp, oyster, catfish filet, alligator, stuffed crab, a cup of crawfish etouffee and boudain".

Chantal wanted to try the crabmeat au gratin but they stopped doing that 'about a month ago' because 'nobody wanted to eat that fancy food'. :D

Cajun food in Texas. What a way to end a perfect trip to the southern states.

(I wasn't gonna mention the Texas cheese steak we had at the airport but there you go)
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 02 Jun 2009, 02:04

Let's start at the Austin Motel

The crazy music drives you insane

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 02 Jun 2009, 02:09

And on to San Antone...

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 02 Jun 2009, 02:12

Livet wrote:Let's start at the Austin Motel

We checked the place out when we took a stroll up SoCo on Sunday morning. It looked pretty funky and a nice play to stay. I was tempted to go in and complain about them not answering my e-mail but in the end didn't. The lady at the counter had such a pretty smile so I wasn't gonna spoil her day. ;)
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 02 Jun 2009, 02:35

And on to Gruene (pronounced Green)

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 02 Jun 2009, 02:39

Friday night at Polvos (famous frozen margaritas) and Docs

Livet
'progressively malty'

Postby Livet » 02 Jun 2009, 02:48

Brisket and hot links, oh my.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 02 Jun 2009, 03:21

Livet wrote:Brisket and hot links, oh my.

Lookit all that Big Red!
I can't believe people actually drank it!

Return to “Classic Threads & Treasury of Mirth”