Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Bizarre theories and nonsense

Do you believe the Al Gore climate change narrative?

No
9%
Somewhat
No votes
Entirely
91%

Total votes: 23

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Postby Jimbo » 24 Aug 2019, 06:20

No. I have read some alternative scientific-ish articles which basically say whatever is happening to the climate is not caused by us but by sunspots. It's the sun which calls the shots of earth's climate not too much CO2. And even if there is more CO2 in the atmosphere, that's supposed to be good. It will make the earth greener. Not that I'm an expert, of course, but that's what I have read and videos I've seen.

I know, however, in my skeptical gut that climate change is bullshit. I step outside and gee, the weather is pretty much the same as it was last year and the year before. But then I am supposed to believe in only ten years disaster will strike, that Miami and NY and Tokyo, too, I guess, will be under water? Nonsense. All these years they have been talking up global warming/global cooling and then climate change, that the ice caps are melting. Name one city or country or island of any substance that is flooding. Go to the beach right now and the water level is pretty much the same as it was when you were a kid but somehow in ten years that same beach will be gone? I don't believe it.

I am emboldened to speak my mind on this issue with the debunking of the Russiagate narrative. The same number of us who believed Donald Trump was a Russian agent also believe the climate change narrative. The same outlets which told us that Russia helped Trump win the election are the same outlets which play up the climate change narrative. Meanwhile I am reading alternative, credible stories which debunk the climate change narrative, especially the consensus theory, that 98% of scientists believe it. Yeah, remember it was pretty much all the mainstream media and a big chunk of the alternative media, a consensus, which believed Trump would be led in handcuffs from the White House.

Not.

What gets me is how speculative the climate change reportage is. Everything bad "will" happen in 10 years.

They don't fucking know.

And Democrats will continue to lose as long as they keep up the narrative. IMO they need to tamp down the climate change story because there are a lot of right wing thinkers who believe as I do and if Trump says climate change is nonsense and Bernie says we need to do more to stop climate change, they will go with Trump. They don't buy the narrative. And I'm not buying it either.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Re: Climate Change. Real or hoax?

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Aug 2019, 07:56

Well now that is a surprise. :roll:
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 24 Aug 2019, 08:02

Jimbo wrote:Name one city or country or island of any substance that is flooding.

Venice.

`

Postby ` » 24 Aug 2019, 08:56

Climate change has been happening since the world was formed.

Any attempt to claim it is some kind of hoax is as dunderheaded as denying
the earth is spherical rather than a flat disc the sun rises in the east and sets in the west,

Perhaps the phrase/crisis you should be questsioning is global warming.

The answer to your question is that despite his Harry/Meghan-like love of private jokes,
Al Gore is pretty much on the money.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Aug 2019, 09:18

Powehi wrote:
Perhaps the phrase/crisis you should be questsioning is global warming.

Mustn't say "global warming" because just a few years ago the same scientists said the earth was cooling. So climate change is the compromise term for what is happening - not. But then I am talking about, debunking the man-made climate change narrative, that our cars and other fossil fuel burners are emitting too much carbon and that is somehow making too much CO2 which somehow gums up the sky and I don't know ... nobody knows. What we know about sun spots and how they effect our climate is far more believable. But then no one can cash in on sun spots but there's gold in "Climate Change"!
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Aug 2019, 09:23

Positive Passion wrote:
Jimbo wrote:Name one city or country or island of any substance that is flooding.

Venice.

Looks okay today. Check out the live camera shot.

Question authority.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 24 Aug 2019, 09:52

Jimbo wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:

Venice.

Looks okay today. Check out the live camera shot.

St Mark's square is flooding 60 times a year now, compared with 4 times a year at the start of 20th century.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Aug 2019, 09:53

With 80% of my country official in drought, the Warragamba Dam sitting on only a 48% fillrate and water restrictions in place for the whole of the state, harvests destroyed in Queensland last season and no signs yet or recovery for farmers with many in debt or already gone in receivership....

This is drowning in a fairly dramatic fashion.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 24 Aug 2019, 10:23

Positive Passion wrote:
St Mark's square is flooding 60 times a year now, compared with 4 times a year at the start of 20th century.

Venice is sinking at an alarming rate of 1 cm every 10 years. Truthfully it is just poor urban planning.

That'll do it.
Question authority.

Robert

Postby Robert » 24 Aug 2019, 11:11

Jimbo wrote:No. I have read some alternative scientific-ish articles which basically say whatever is happening to the climate is not caused by us but by sunspots. It's the sun which calls the shots of earth's climate not too much CO2. And even if there is more CO2 in the atmosphere, that's supposed to be good. It will make the earth greener. Not that I'm an expert, of course, but that's what I have read and videos I've seen.

I know, however, in my skeptical gut that climate change is bullshit. I step outside and gee, the weather is pretty much the same as it was last year and the year before. But then I am supposed to believe in only ten years disaster will strike, that Miami and NY and Tokyo, too, I guess, will be under water? Nonsense. All these years they have been talking up global warming/global cooling and then climate change, that the ice caps are melting. Name one city or country or island of any substance that is flooding. Go to the beach right now and the water level is pretty much the same as it was when you were a kid but somehow in ten years that same beach will be gone? I don't believe it.

I am emboldened to speak my mind on this issue with the debunking of the Russiagate narrative. The same number of us who believed Donald Trump was a Russian agent also believe the climate change narrative. The same outlets which told us that Russia helped Trump win the election are the same outlets which play up the climate change narrative. Meanwhile I am reading alternative, credible stories which debunk the climate change narrative, especially the consensus theory, that 98% of scientists believe it. Yeah, remember it was pretty much all the mainstream media and a big chunk of the alternative media, a consensus, which believed Trump would be led in handcuffs from the White House.

Not.

What gets me is how speculative the climate change reportage is. Everything bad "will" happen in 10 years.

They don't fucking know.

And Democrats will continue to lose as long as they keep up the narrative. IMO they need to tamp down the climate change story because there are a lot of right wing thinkers who believe as I do and if Trump says climate change is nonsense and Bernie says we need to do more to stop climate change, they will go with Trump. They don't buy the narrative. And I'm not buying it either.

That’s weird. You need fuck all evidence to believe in themost bizarre theories but a thing like climate change is a hoax despite a wealth of scientific evidence.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Aug 2019, 11:44

The issue is that scientists do not have conclusive evidence that current climate change is being affected by man. Around 98% of scientists believe that it is, but that 2% don't. That 2% might be small, but it is still vital in the scientific method because doubt remains. The practice of science cannot proceed thoroughly if the theory has not been conclusively proven correct or incorrect.

Ultimately I feel that our knowledge of the weather and the climate is still perilously small.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Aug 2019, 12:17

Jimbo wrote:scientific-ish

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Aug 2019, 12:17

Who are those 2%?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 24 Aug 2019, 12:29

never/ever wrote:Who are those 2%?

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Aug 2019, 12:42

Furthermore, science like Darwin's theory of evolution, which was once thought to be utterly conclusive, is now openly questioned. The notion of science being "correct" in many fields is often proven to be disastrously incorrect many years later due to new evidence.

As such I think people are right to be sceptical if the theory has not been conclusively shown to be correct.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 24 Aug 2019, 13:07

Science will always evolve, especially when technical advancement will allow to challenge or prove current running theories. Darwin's theory may be challenged but has not been disproven either. And since there is no cleaner that kills bacteria for a full 100%, I am pretty sure that we can live with a 98-to-2% truth-ratio too.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 24 Aug 2019, 13:40

Toby wrote:Furthermore, science like Darwin's theory of evolution, which was once thought to be utterly conclusive, is now openly questioned. The notion of science being "correct" in many fields is often proven to be disastrously incorrect many years later due to new evidence.

As such I think people are right to be sceptical if the theory has not been conclusively shown to be correct.

By your metric we can't believe in anything. So where does that leave us..? Sitting on our hands unable to act? That is not an option.
When the most eminent scientists in the world are agreeing this is a reality that must be acted upon then you'd have to be fool to ignore them.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 24 Aug 2019, 14:21

And ultimately, where's the harm in actively trying to reduce CO2 emissions?
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Aug 2019, 14:55

[quote="The Modernist"][quote="Toby"]Furthermore, science like Darwin's theory of evolution, which was once thought to be utterly conclusive, is now openly questioned. The notion of science being "correct" in many fields is often proven to be disastrously incorrect many years later due to new evidence.

As such I think people are right to be sceptical if the theory has not been conclusively shown to be correct.[/quote]

By your metric we can't believe in anything. So where does that leave us..? Sitting on our hands unable to act? That is not an option.
When the most eminent scientists in the world are agreeing this is a reality that must be acted upon then you'd have to be fool to ignore them.[/quote]

I haven't said anywhere that people shouldn't "act" or whatever. I'm merely pointing out that people have a right to be sceptical if the evidence is not conclusive. When people are labelled "climate change deniers" or whatever, it has the tinge of the inquisition coming down on the heretic. If we are going to look at these things rationally, then we must judge according to scientific principles rather than on faith.

The overwhelming issue we face is population more than climate, because continents with burgeoning populations like Africa are going to be making enormous carbon emissions that will dwarf anything the West is making right now.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Aug 2019, 15:11

Toby wrote:The overwhelming issue we face is population more than climate, because continents with burgeoning populations like Africa are going to be making enormous carbon emissions that will dwarf anything the West is making right now.

We should worry about it when it becomes Africa's fault?
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Return to “Conspiracyland”