Do you believe the official stories about ...

Bizarre theories and nonsense

Do you believe the official stories about

Venezuela
No votes
Syria/Assad
No votes
Palestinians
No votes
Julian Assange
No votes
Hillary Clinton
No votes
Bill Clinton
No votes
Russia/Putin
No votes
Climate change
No votes
Abortion
No votes
Medicare for all
No votes
Tulsi vs Bernie vs Joe Biden
No votes
Brexit
No votes
Yellow Vests
100%
Anti-Semitism
No votes
The rights of the Palestinians
No votes

Total votes: 1

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Do you believe the official stories about ...

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 07:50

Here is a list of contemporary news topics which, if you pay attention to "both sides of a story" have a variety of narratives. One narrative is the one you hear mainly in the MSM and from government spokespersons. - the official story. Check those stories. The others sides of the stories you hear are from writers who are usually just stoned or seem that way, you know, kinda hip, kinda glib, kinda right. Don't check those.

Choose one or any of the topics upon which you'd like to opine and let's see where this goes
Question authority.

Brickyard Jack

Re: Do you believe the official stories about ...

Postby Brickyard Jack » 27 May 2019, 08:46

What's the difference between "Palestinians" and "the rights of Palestinians" as topics?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 09:44

Well, the Israelis have as much right to "rights" as Palestinians. Watched an interesting show from Al Jezerra "Head to Head" which may be the fairest MSM type show I had ever seen and they had this liberal Israeli Zionist. The guy believes in Palestinian rights, two states, reparations, right of return to new "Palestine," wherever it is but there has to be a point where the Israelis and Palestinians compromise to normaliize (my word) the middle east.

I think this will be my stance on the matter for the time being. You can't kill or remove all the Israelis but there is land for Palestine and if they want to tango it takes two. Otherwise it will be eternal strife. Not every Israeli is as liberal as that guy, but then you can see on the show that not every Palestinian is radical. There are many who crave a middle class life but it will take some compromising to get there.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 11:03

Butch Manly wrote:
The only possible solution is a secular single state with the rights of Jewish and Arab Israelis vigorously guaranteed and enforced, with a strong commitment to reconciliation and peace. Israel, sadly, has no interest in that because they know they can "get away with it" in the absence of meaningful outside pressure.

That would be nice. If the logic of anti-Zionist Jews caught on, religious people who believe God never promised them that land and they certainly had no commandment to kill for the land, then everyone could live in peace side by side. But jeez, one hates to stereotype but those Israelis can really be arrogant assholes.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 11:09

How about that Julian Assange, a traitor if I ever saw one? He's got that sneaky look that pretty much says he'd sell out his own family.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 May 2019, 11:35

With Biden in the race Gabbard and Bernie should quit now, maybe donate excess campaign funds to Biden's trough.
Question authority.

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 02 Jun 2019, 05:28

Jimbo wrote:Do you believe the official stories about ...Do you believe the official stories about ...

I might be able to give you an answer if and when I ever figure out which of the multitude of stories is the "official" one.

"That government governs best that governs least."

Hepcat

Postby Hepcat » 02 Jun 2019, 05:33

Jimbo wrote:How about that Julian Assange, a traitor if I ever saw one? He's got that sneaky look that pretty much says he'd sell out his own family.

Isn't he the one the Yanks are trying so hard to arrest for his postings on this interweb thingy? Should we all delete our accounts before the powers that be find out about BCB?

:?:

"That government governs best that governs least."

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2019, 08:30

Have you heard that Roger Waters will perform "Wish You Were Here" in front of the office of British Home Secretary Priti Patel on September 2 (today!) in solidarity with political prisoner Julian Assange? You haven't? BBC News nor The Guardian hadn't mentioned it? FYI John Pilger will be speaking as well. The stuff the MSM don't tell you...

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/0 ... a-s01.html
Question authority.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 02 Sep 2019, 11:27

The thing about Assange is, we know governments keep secrets from us. It's part of national security. So on one hand I get that they must obey international law and be kept in check but if that extends to plastering loads of stuff on the internet that puts people's lives in danger and even kills them then Assange can't be seen as some digital freedom fighter.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2019, 11:37

The Prof wrote:The thing about Assange is, we know governments keep secrets from us. It's part of national security. So on one hand I get that they must obey international law and be kept in check but if that extends to plastering loads of stuff on the internet that puts people's lives in danger and even kills them then Assange can't be seen as some digital freedom fighter.

So outspoken people like Waters and Pilger are defending a killer? How naive can anybody be?

Obviously I disagree. Assange is a hero for democracy for opening up the archives - our archives.
Question authority.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 02 Sep 2019, 12:56

So you're perfectly happy that releasing sensitive information that could lead to loss of life is to be encouraged?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2019, 14:15

The Prof wrote:So you're perfectly happy that releasing sensitive information that could lead to loss of life is to be encouraged?

First of all you'll have to show me where he'd needlessly cost anybody's life and then I'd argue that he is probably saving lives by exposing dangerous and foolhardy government plots and misdeeds. The Pentagon Papers helped to end the Vietnam War thus saving lives. Wikileaks "Collateral Murder" may not have ended the Iraq War; we still have troops in Iraq but I'll bet it curbed helicopter crews mowing down innocent civilians.

Question authority.

The Prof

Postby The Prof » 02 Sep 2019, 14:44

He freely admits himself that 1,300 deaths in Kenya that were caused by rioting influenced by information released by Wikileaks.
His response is that people needed to know about corruption in the Kenyan government. So where do you draw the line?

You you are not going to argue that those 1,300 people are better off dead but informed, are you?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2019, 15:03

The Prof wrote:He freely admits himself that 1,300 deaths in Kenya that were caused by rioting influenced by information released by Wikileaks.
His response is that people needed to know about corruption in the Kenyan government. So where do you draw the line?

You you are not going to argue that those 1,300 people are better off dead but informed, are you?

Not diminishing the deaths mind you but it wouldn't be the first time that "news" triggered a deadly event. The New York Times publishing Judith Miller's lies about "aluminum tubes" helped to set off the Iraq War where supposedly a million lives were lost. And it seems Assange is contrite and learned what not to publish. The NYT is still pushing for war. I'd wouldn't mind seeing some MSM bullshit publishers in jail. Let Assange run the NYT!
Question authority.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 02 Sep 2019, 19:36

This thread could be a veritable minefield to navigate, suffice it to say I always try to see more than one side to a story. What do you hope to achieve with this thread, anyway?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 02 Sep 2019, 22:12

“Everything you know is wrong”
uggy poopy doody.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 02 Sep 2019, 22:31

GoogaMooga wrote: What do you hope to achieve with this thread, anyway?

Just some friendly debate, some arguing over controversial topics. You can state how you feel about a topic and either get a "Pip pip!" or a "Yer wrong! and here's why." Above the Prof said his opinion of Assange and I said mine. Butch said his bit about Palestine and the treatment of its inhabitants. Agree? Say so! Disagree, say so! That's the point of this thread. I hope to achieve a more lively BCB. And world peace, of course.
Question authority.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 02 Sep 2019, 23:55

Jimbo wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote: What do you hope to achieve with this thread, anyway?

Just some friendly debate, some arguing over controversial topics. You can state how you feel about a topic and either get a "Pip pip!" or a "Yer wrong! and here's why." Above the Prof said his opinion of Assange and I said mine. Butch said his bit about Palestine and the treatment of its inhabitants. Agree? Say so! Disagree, say so! That's the point of this thread. I hope to achieve a more lively BCB. And world peace, of course.

If by lively you mean "heated", then yes. Very contentious issues, some of which people have strong feelings about. I've read a lot of your threads, and while it is good to shed some light on hushed down or taboo topics, agreeing or disagreeing won't change the absolute truth one bit. I think it is more interesting to find out if there really is an absolute truth in many of these multi-facetted issues, with all the different vested interests in them that we may face or challenge.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 03 Sep 2019, 00:46

Looky here! Even the Great Fire of London narrative is up for grabs, and interestingly so.
Sep 1, 2019
The Great Fire of London – Cui Bono? 353 years on, we take a fresh look at the evidence
Gloria Moss
https://off-guardian.org/2019/09/01/the ... -cui-bono/

You're welcome! :D
Question authority.

Return to “Conspiracyland”