Critically thinking about the corona virus

Conspiracy theories and nonsense
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Critically thinking about the corona virus

Postby Jimbo » 26 Jul 2021, 18:33

toomanyhatz wrote:The hits keep a-comin'! On one side you have...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... covid.html

Vs...

Eric Clapton?

was diagnosed with the coronavirus and is now “in very serious condition” as he battles pneumonia

What's he got?

There is always something convoluted in the Covid reporting. Always a gap for questions for which there is a convoluted answer.

The cited Tweet in the story says he suffering from "Covid Pneumonia" - with two capital letters. I have never heard of CP. Have you? Oh well, it must be a new thing. :D
Last edited by Jimbo on 26 Jul 2021, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 26 Jul 2021, 18:38

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.varsitytutors.com/en/nation ... accountid={760-592-2691}&gclid=CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-LUkXuL87mMxZqOiaqs337x3KW0LMaalQU18SJ09UxEDNCCWIQGs8xoCkosQAvD_BwE
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 26 Jul 2021, 18:48

Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 03:34

What do you know. A spate, a cluster, a scary "outbreak" of anecdotal stories from our ever-trusty main stream media.

Here's a headline you won't see.

Unmasked, un-vaccinated, out and about everyday and "I feel fine!"
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 03:50

Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 04:10

Doctor proclaims the pandemic is a pile of horseshit without ever using the word "horseshit" or "pile".

WHO: PCR Tests at High CT Probably All False Positive

Published on July 19, 2021

Written by By Dr. Judy Wilyman

I have demonstrated that there was never any ‘global pandemic’ – it is only a pandemic in name.

The 2 scientific arguments that completely demolish the claim that we have a ‘public health emergency’ of COVID19 are:

1) The ‘cases’ that have been used to declare this emergency situation are healthy people without any disease symptoms.

2) The definition of a pandemic that is based only on ‘cases’ is not based on science and the adoption of this new definition in 2009 was done by elite individuals in an ‘Emergency Committee’ and without the scrutiny of the scientific, medical and general community. A scientific definition requires the scrutiny of the community otherwise it is invalid under scientific methodology.
https://principia-scientific.com/who-pc ... -positive/
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Jul 2021, 04:18

The cited Tweet in the story says he suffering from "Covid Pneumonia" - with two capital letters. I have never heard of CP. Have you? Oh well, it must be a new thing. :D

Written by either

a) a complete troll
b) a complete idiot
or
c) someone who has no interest whatsoever in learning what Covid actually is or what it does.

Answers on a postcard.
Footy wrote:

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 27 Jul 2021, 04:20

Doctor Anti-vaccine activist proclaims the pandemic is a pile of horseshit without ever using the word "horseshit" or "pile".
Footy wrote:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 06:16

And the formerly wonderful Guardian digs itself deeper and deeper into the Russia-gate nonsense - but now with a Covid-19 twist!

Influencers say Russia-linked PR agency asked them to disparage Pfizer vaccine
https://archive.is/yhO2x#selection-1003.83-1003.146

The only evidence the article has to link Russia to this already "DUH" claim, as if Pfizer, the oft-sued criminal operation needs any assistance with its disparagement is this:
French and German YouTubers, bloggers and influencers have been offered money by a supposedly UK-based PR agency with apparent Russian connections to falsely tell their followers the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is responsible for hundreds of deaths.

"Supposedly". "Apparently". Yep, them's the ones that done it, officer. :roll:

The official narrative gets stupider and stupider.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 06:28

And here's one Hatz will approve - for the first half at least.

Who are the people dying of Covid now? There's a totally new kind of patient, say doctors - in their 40s, previously well... but unvaccinated
https://archive.is/WuRtz#selection-889.0-889.141

And with one anecdotal story after another they show un-vaccinated individuals getting the illness. Yikes!

But then pretty far down after the dramatic part they get more technical and, frankly, boring.

Despite these warning stories, it is also true that many of those who have died recently of Covid have been at least partially vaccinated. Last week, Chief Scientific Officer Sir Patrick Vallance stated that 40 per cent of those currently in hospital with Covid had been double-jabbed.

According to the most recent PHE figures, the majority of those infected with the Delta variant who died between February and June had received at least one jab.

Better for papers to be a little truthful than full out lying I guess, right?
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 06:36

Good news for some and bad news for others.

Daily COVID Deaths in Sweden Hit Zero, as Other Nations Brace for More Lockdowns

Sweden, of course, was maligned in 2020 for foregoing a strict lockdown. The Guardian called its approach “a catastrophe” in the making, while CBS News said Sweden had become “an example of how not to handle COVID-19.”
https://fee.org/articles/daily-covid-de ... lockdowns/
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 06:50

Trust the BBC

July 21, 20213:32 PM UTCLast Updated an hour ago
United Kingdom
UK food supply chains ‘on the edge of failing', meat industry says

Image https://archive.is/NTNpz#selection-198.0-225.66

Why are the customers wearing winter clothing?
Last edited by Jimbo on 27 Jul 2021, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 06:55

Police Scotland and Public Health Scotland launches Strategic Collaboration to drive national improvements in health and wellbeing

Police Scotland and Public Health Scotland have formalised a new collaboration to address public health and wellbeing in communities across the country.
https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-h ... wellbeing/

The cops and the health departments - more democracy! :D
Question authority.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 27 Jul 2021, 09:56

Jimbo wrote:Doctor proclaims the pandemic is a pile of horseshit without ever using the word "horseshit" or "pile".

WHO: PCR Tests at High CT Probably All False Positive

Published on July 19, 2021

Written by By Dr. Judy Wilyman

I have demonstrated that there was never any ‘global pandemic’ – it is only a pandemic in name.

The 2 scientific arguments that completely demolish the claim that we have a ‘public health emergency’ of COVID19 are:

1) The ‘cases’ that have been used to declare this emergency situation are healthy people without any disease symptoms.

2) The definition of a pandemic that is based only on ‘cases’ is not based on science and the adoption of this new definition in 2009 was done by elite individuals in an ‘Emergency Committee’ and without the scrutiny of the scientific, medical and general community. A scientific definition requires the scrutiny of the community otherwise it is invalid under scientific methodology.
https://principia-scientific.com/who-pc ... -positive/

Oh right. Dr. Wilyman. You always have such excellent sources, don't you:

From the Australian Daily Telegraph:
It's an unpleasant read for anyone with a heart.

Judith Wilyman, an anti-vaccination campaigner and PhD student at Wollongong University, sent a letter to the Human Rights Commission and Dorey published it on her site.

Again it tore at the McCafferys' hearts.

"These programs have been promoting the whooping cough vaccine on anecdotal evidence (in particular, Dana McCaffery's death) and the mantra of 'seeing sick babies gasping for air'," Wilyman wrote.

Wilyman also suggested the McCafferys cashed in on their daughter's death because they were awarded a $1000 prize from The Skeptics, a group that continually questions the AVN. They donated the money to Westmead Hospital.

Agenda approached Wilyman for comment but the University of Wollongong media unit relayed the message that she "did not wish to speak to the media at this time".

And here she is claiming to be a medical expert despite having no medical qualifications whatsoever. From the Sydney Morning Herald.

In fact, she's the perfect person for you to quote. She talks nonsense that has been thoroughly debunked by authorities that you don't recognise. However, she has been given a PhD by the same type of authorities, but this, of course, gives her arguments legitimacy.
So, on what grounds do you reject or accept the authority of an official body? If they agree with your position they're legitimate and if they don't they aren't!

Perfectly circular logic which shuts out all possibility of challenge or critical thinking.
Bugger off.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 12:01

Rorschach wrote: Perfectly circular logic which shuts out all possibility of challenge or critical thinking.

The Daily Telegraph

Committed grants

Committed Amount
$3,446,801
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/c ... opp1179441

The Faux Generosity of the Super-Wealthy: Why Bill Gates is a Menace to Society

If Gates represents a net negative force in world politics, why does he receive such good press? For starters, he makes sizeable donations to a host of mainstream corporate media outlets.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/faux-gene ... ce/263208/

And it is true that I cited Doctor of Philosophy (I did not know that) Wilyman because what she says rings true. If you can refute her points in an honest way I'm all eyes.

Upon checking her out she really is a kind of vaccine renegade having written this critical report for the University of Wollongong in 2015 and I agree with every word.

A critical analysis of the Australian government’s rationale for its vaccination policy

Vaccination policies in Australia need to be scrutinised because the use of a medical intervention in the prevention of infectious disease has serious health and social implications. ...
https://ro.uow.edu.au/theses/4541/
Question authority.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 27 Jul 2021, 12:20

Jimbo wrote:
Rorschach wrote: Perfectly circular logic which shuts out all possibility of challenge or critical thinking.

The Daily Telegraph

Committed grants

Committed Amount
$3,446,801
https://www.gatesfoundation.org/about/c ... opp1179441

The Faux Generosity of the Super-Wealthy: Why Bill Gates is a Menace to Society

If Gates represents a net negative force in world politics, why does he receive such good press? For starters, he makes sizeable donations to a host of mainstream corporate media outlets.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/faux-gene ... ce/263208/

And it is true that I cited Doctor of Philosophy (I did not know that) Wilyman because what she says rings true. If you can refute her points in an honest way I'm all eyes.

Upon checking her out she really is a kind of vaccine renegade having written this critical report for the University of Wollongong in 2015 and I agree with every word.

A critical analysis of the Australian government’s rationale for its vaccination policy

Vaccination policies in Australia need to be scrutinised because the use of a medical intervention in the prevention of infectious disease has serious health and social implications. ...
https://ro.uow.edu.au/theses/4541/

What point are you trying to make here?
I said that it was the Australian Daily Telegraph so why are you quoting the English one?

And I already pointed out that you only accept people's word if, as you put it, it rings true', i.e. it fits with what you like to believe.

No critical thinking. Ever.
Bugger off.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 12:41

Rorschach wrote:
What point are you trying to make here?
I said that it was the Australian Daily Telegraph so why are you quoting the English one?

Seems like there is no connection between the Australian and UK versions of The Telegraph except one of those versions (probably UK) is in Gates' pocket and my apology for hurrying the response. I looked further and so far there is no Gates and Australia Telegraph connection. Nonetheless, it is owned by a business conglomerate who are very likely on the pro-vaccine side of the narrative - thus, wrong. IMO.

Despite the purple prose of the Australian Telegraph, that does not diminish my support for the Doctor's opinion about the pandemic, that it is a pandemic in name only. And seeing her earlier work makes her a figure to follow.
Last edited by Jimbo on 27 Jul 2021, 12:53, edited 2 times in total.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 12:50

Rorschach wrote: No critical thinking. Ever.

Fine, get yourself vaxxed to your eyeballs and have a booster for the road!
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 13:08

Is this malarkey, monkey business, horseshit or an honest mistake?

CDC Quietly Deletes 6,000 COVID Vaccine Deaths From Its CDC Website Total in One Day — Caught by Internet Sleuths (VIDEO)
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... ths-video/
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 27 Jul 2021, 13:19

Hell of a vaccine ya got there, Brownie. (G.W. Bush reference)

HMO: Early vaccinees are twice as likely to catch COVID as later recipients
Latest research ‘definitely’ reinforces argument for giving boosters to the elderly, says lab chief at Leumit

People vaccinated before late February are twice as likely to catch the coronavirus than other inoculated Israelis, according to new research.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/hmo-those ... -adopters/
Question authority.