Schedule

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 15048
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: Schedule

Postby The Red Heifer » 02 Feb 2018, 10:01

Maybe try splitting it over two posts? I managed to fire off my list easily enough, so maybe posting A, then B might do it
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35784
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Schedule

Postby Penk! » 02 Feb 2018, 10:38

It has always worked in the past... as long as you don’t format them with the [url] or [youtube] brackets. Just put them in as text.

Has G got booted out again?
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 13706
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Schedule

Postby The Modernist » 02 Feb 2018, 10:53

PENK wrote:It has always worked in the past... as long as you don’t format them with the [url] or [youtube] brackets. Just put them in as text.

Has G got booted out again?


I'm not sure what you mean Ed. I did put in the [url] to make them clickable. All Martha's were like that last year, so I'm not sure that would be the problem.
There were a few odd, foreign words in a couple of the song titles in one of the lists, so I'll try replacing the odd letter with those and see if that works. The only way of doing it really is through trial and error I think.

User avatar
Loki
The Goddess of Mischief
Posts: 16204
Joined: 18 Sep 2010, 06:34

Re: Schedule

Postby Loki » 02 Feb 2018, 11:01

It seems to get more difficult each year. Weird.
Image


whodathunkit wrote: Somewhere it's always 1972.

User avatar
The Red Heifer
Fucking Crackers
Posts: 15048
Joined: 31 Aug 2003, 01:28
Location: South Penriff
Contact:

Re: Schedule

Postby The Red Heifer » 02 Feb 2018, 11:03

The Modernist wrote:
PENK wrote:It has always worked in the past... as long as you don’t format them with the [url] or [youtube] brackets. Just put them in as text.

Has G got booted out again?


I'm not sure what you mean Ed. I did put in the [url] to make them clickable. All Martha's were like that last year, so I'm not sure that would be the problem.
There were a few odd, foreign words in a couple of the song titles in one of the lists, so I'll try replacing the odd letter with those and see if that works. The only way of doing it really is through trial and error I think.


You don't need to tag the links to make them clickable.

www.youtube.com

That isn't tagged, just typed.
Wadesmith wrote:Why is it that when there's a 'What do you think of this?' post, it's always absolute cobblers?

User avatar
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35784
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Schedule

Postby Penk! » 02 Feb 2018, 11:08

The Modernist wrote:
PENK wrote:It has always worked in the past... as long as you don’t format them with the [url] or [youtube] brackets. Just put them in as text.

Has G got booted out again?


I'm not sure what you mean Ed. I did put in the [url] to make them clickable. All Martha's were like that last year, so I'm not sure that would be the problem.
There were a few odd, foreign words in a couple of the song titles in one of the lists, so I'll try replacing the odd letter with those and see if that works. The only way of doing it really is through trial and error I think.


No you don’t need the URL to make it clickable! Look:

Boli & Waddle - We’ve Got a Feeling https://youtu.be/4ct5puqTSi0

If you have more than four or five URL brackets in a list, the spam filter comes down on you like a ton of bricks!
Last edited by Penk! on 02 Feb 2018, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

User avatar
fange
100% fangetastic
Posts: 13760
Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 11:30
Location: 香港

Re: Schedule

Postby fange » 02 Feb 2018, 11:17

Yep, definitely DON'T have any links with the url brackets like this - [url][/url)
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.


By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 13706
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Schedule

Postby The Modernist » 02 Feb 2018, 11:24

Cheers everyon I'll try it without the url then.
I'll have a go at posting the first one in about an hour.

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32974
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Schedule

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Feb 2018, 12:24

Fuck me. Thanks for persevering!
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

User avatar
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man
Posts: 35784
Joined: 07 Aug 2004, 20:12
Location: Stockholm

Re: Schedule

Postby Penk! » 02 Feb 2018, 16:27

I don’t think it worked...
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

User avatar
Tapiocahead
Posts: 6981
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 22:41
Location: quite literally in your face

Re: Schedule

Postby Tapiocahead » 02 Feb 2018, 16:44

I can feel his frustration from here.
Fishstick selling fuck

User avatar
OUTPLAY
hounds people off the board
Posts: 19873
Joined: 24 Apr 2007, 23:21

Re: Schedule

Postby OUTPLAY » 02 Feb 2018, 16:44

FUCKING HELL
GoogaMooga wrote:I don't know who it is that is throwing plastic bags overboard from ships, but it certainly isn't me, and I've never met anyone who does that.

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 13706
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Schedule

Postby The Modernist » 02 Feb 2018, 17:19

Well some are becoming clickabe and others aren't. Not sure why - but anyway the first two matches are posted.

User avatar
toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Posts: 29573
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 00:01
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Re: Schedule

Postby toomanyhatz » 02 Feb 2018, 17:27

Matches 2 & 3? What happened to Match 1?

And yeah - not getting why one list is clickable and one isn't when it looks like they were formatted identically. Odd.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year


1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2021?

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 13706
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Schedule

Postby The Modernist » 02 Feb 2018, 17:37

toomanyhatz wrote:Matches 2 & 3? What happened to Match 1?

And yeah - not getting why one list is clickable and one isn't when it looks like they were formatted identically. Odd.


There's probably a simple explanation, but my brain is too frazzled to find it right now. :)
I'm holding off match one for a little while in case I trigger the spam filter again. I will post it tonight, but I want to make sure there at least some ties to look at if I get locked out!

sloopjohnc
Posts: 63923
Joined: 03 Jun 2004, 20:12

Re: Schedule

Postby sloopjohnc » 02 Feb 2018, 18:15

Goat Boy wrote:Fuck me.


Not even if you win the cup will I do that.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

User avatar
Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint
Posts: 32974
Joined: 20 Mar 2007, 12:11
Location: In the perfumed garden

Re: Schedule

Postby Goat Boy » 02 Feb 2018, 18:54

sloopjohnc wrote:
Goat Boy wrote:Fuck me.


Not even if you win the cup will I do that.


Reacharound?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.


Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

User avatar
The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!
Posts: 13706
Joined: 13 Apr 2014, 20:42

Re: Schedule

Postby The Modernist » 02 Feb 2018, 21:42

If anyone's got an answer to why some lists are clickable and others aren't, let me know asap. I'd like everyone to be playing on a level playing field.

User avatar
martha
rambling rose
Posts: 5385
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 17:41
Location: Self-imposed exile.

Re: Schedule

Postby martha » 03 Feb 2018, 02:29

I fixed it on all the current R1 lists.

It has to be exactly one space one hyphen one space between the last letter of the song or artist name and the beginning of the url.

so
Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Or
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
--m.

User avatar
martha
rambling rose
Posts: 5385
Joined: 17 Jul 2003, 17:41
Location: Self-imposed exile.

Re: Schedule

Postby martha » 03 Feb 2018, 02:29

It was a bitch last year... I had to just do an excel spreadsheet and add new stuff there so that the formatting stayed consistent and then cut and paste. Even then sometimes one will be fussy. When it is, manually erase the spaces and hyphen between the url and the last letter and re-enter one space, one hyphen, one space.

Solved.
--m.