70%
Footy
4%

Total votes: 53

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Re: Ban Jimbo?

Postby The Modernist » 11 Mar 2021, 13:49

Rorschach wrote:I think the results of the poll are very clear.

Can someone please ban him?

PLEASE!

I'd take it to Prof by pm. He might be persuaded by the results of the poll. Good luck.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Mar 2021, 14:10

For what it's worth, I think it's quite clear that Jethro really has nothing to do with BCB anymore, and counting on him to take action is fairly pointless, so someone's going to have to take it on the chin.

Just ban him and get it over with already.

Hell, ban Flower while you're at it and bring down the moron quotient. It might bring folks back.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 11 Mar 2021, 15:45

Get rid of that K-tel goon while we are at it.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 11 Mar 2021, 16:03

Try it. I know where the spare key is hidden.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Mar 2021, 18:11

never/ever wrote:
Personally I think that if you sign up to be a moderator...

Stop right there.

Have I really not made this clear enough? Let me reiterate for the thousandth time. I did not "sign up" to do anything. I was asked, politely, to be an admin, and was told that it would basically be a matter of backing up the dwindling number of active participants who handled requests to delete threads started in error, do the thankless and endless job of keeping spammers at bay, and approve valid posts. I agreed to this and have done so to the best of my ability. I am, as near as I can tell, the ONLY one still doing the above regularly, checking in pretty much every day. I'm not complaining, as it's not hard work, and takes just a few minutes, but I also made it clear that I was ONLY accepting the 'job' on the condition that what I was told it entailed was ALL that it entailed.

My 'thanks' for this task has been constant questions about what I'm going to 'do about' - what's the complete list now? Coan, Skope, Googa, Jimbo, Flower? Did I leave anyone out? I've mentioned again and again and again and will happily repeat for the hard of hearing exactly what I'm doing to do. I'm going to make my personal opinions - which are no more or less valid than anyone else's - known. I'm going to discuss any complaints I get with other admins and respond as appropriate. And I'm going to ignore absolutely EVERY suggestion about what I 'should' be doing offered by those who've never done it.

I'm trying to say this firmly, but without rancor. I kind of like the fact that I get along pretty well with most everyone and would like to keep it that way. But my 'job' is not, never has been, and never will be, to condemn, chastise, ban, or for that matter defend, anyone. The day it becomes that is the day I resign.

And if anyone has a problem with that, and thinks they can do a better job than I'm doing, I will put you in touch with Prof who can set you up to do it.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Mar 2021, 20:14

Oh, and the other thing worth mentioning - I was also chastised - and to be fair, I'm not alone in that - for "enabling" Jimbo in the Covid thread.

While I've decided to, by-and-large, avoid that thread and let him run amok in it to his heart's content, I've also pointed out therein that how much he's responded to, or "enabled," if you will, has pretty much zero affect on how much he posts (iirc, DD has made the same point). I think the facts bear me out on that.

So, anyone wondering what I'm going to "do about" it, now you know. So the choices (at this point) are pretty much ignore it or engage it.

Hopefully more engagement on other issues is the answer. I would like to, officially or unofficially, encourage 'that sort of thing.'
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 11 Mar 2021, 20:43

My quote wasn't at all meant to cast any doubt about any decisions being made about banning anyone I have 'adminned' a board myself and there I was tasked to keep a steady flow of topics rolling as well.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 11 Mar 2021, 21:42

Fair enough - just like to reiterate my stance often for those still concerned with which "team" I'm on.

FWIW, I have not been asked to do anything whatsoever as far as policing and/or starting topics. I have, nonetheless made something of an attempt to do so on my own, time and weather permitting.
Footy wrote:

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 11 Mar 2021, 21:49

harvey k-tel wrote:For what it's worth, I think it's quite clear that Jethro really has nothing to do with BCB anymore, and counting on him to take action is fairly pointless, so someone's going to have to take it on the chin.

Just ban him and get it over with already.

Hell, ban Flower while you're at it and bring down the moron quotient. It might bring folks back.

not surprising, but please add me to the yeahhhhh-fucquin-harvey party.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 13 Mar 2021, 19:00

The Modernist wrote:

PLEASE!

I'd take it to Prof by pm. He might be persuaded by the results of the poll. Good luck.

Thanks you. Any news?
Bugger off.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 13 Mar 2021, 19:13

Rorschach wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

PLEASE!

Thanks you. Any news?

I think he meant you to take it to The Prof.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

C
Robust

Postby C » 13 Mar 2021, 20:09

How many aliases voted?

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 13 Mar 2021, 20:41

C wrote:How many aliases voted?

A valid question and one I wish I knew the answer to. There's probably some way to check who voted how, but I don't know how to do it.

I will say this, though - based on the sentiments expressed here (as well as to me privately) removing the anonymous votes would not change the results too much.

If anything I was shocked that it was running in the opposite direction in the beginning. But that changed very quickly.
Footy wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Mar 2021, 21:07

C wrote:How many aliases voted?

What about the Electoral College results??? :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 14 Mar 2021, 18:13

Diamond Dog wrote:
Rorschach wrote:
The Modernist wrote:

Thanks you. Any news?

I think he meant you to take it to The Prof.

Doh! I need new glasses.
Bugger off.

C
Robust

Postby C » 14 Mar 2021, 22:50

toomanyhatz wrote:I will say this, though - based on the sentiments expressed here (as well as to me privately) removing the anonymous votes would not change the results too much.

I am not sure about that Dave my learned friend. Many people keep out off this sort of thing including myself.

If we want openness then each member needs to state whether they want Jimbo banned or not.

I am happy to start:

I am against Jimbo being banned

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 14 Mar 2021, 23:40

A pedant says- expressing an opinion means you are not staying out of it. There are only 46 votes, so the majority of posters here are indeed staying out of it. And of course voting as an alias can always go both ways.

We are also limited by the fact that this thread was started by Jimbo, which means it was started for attention rather than to actually 'take the pulse' of the board as a whole.

I voted yes, by the way. Saying so in this context is just a formality, though. I have also said so both publicly and privately, to anyone who asked.
Footy wrote:

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 14 Mar 2021, 23:46

C wrote:
I am against Jimbo being banned.

Me too.
Question authority.

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 15 Mar 2021, 06:23

Jimbo wrote:
C wrote:
I am against Jimbo being banned.

Me too.

This conspiracy and fake threads has to stop. Hatz is not posting on this thread, he has been locked out of it ( by who , well, your guess wouldn't be as good as Jimbo's) .. This ban Jimbo is a clever psychological trick used by agencies in the past to make people think they are getting their way but in fact are doing what 'they' want you to do.
There are literally hundreds of scientific research papers on this and countless websites with evidence from agents and government doctors and military people who are seeking the truth about the truthseekers who say the truth while lying and making YOU look stupid.
It's all HERE http//truthseekerswhoarenotthetruetruthseekers.com and http//truthseekerswhoaretellingthetruththetruetruthseekers.com
You need to read How the truth became a lie and that lie turned out to be the truth.
This is availableble as a pdf on the truth web network.
Aliases are not fake voters , they are probably government employees.

Jimbo is a deep vein thrombo. This is a military secret term (source- lots of people on the internet)
They make wild and exaggerated claims that sound ludicrous. This is to make you believe that the WACK JOBS are the only ones who believe in the conspiracy. Thrombos like Jimbo expose the truth but paint it as a lie . Fake news is the truth fed to you as fake news.
There is no vote , Hatz is not the one posting. They are in control.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

jimboo

Postby jimboo » 15 Mar 2021, 06:44

b][color=#FF0000I am against Jimbo being banned[/color][/b]

The above post is supposed to have been made by C
However, C is colourblind. Why would he highlight in a colour he cannot see ?
Also colour has an American spelling !
Wake up dumbasses.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

Return to “Nextdoorland”