Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: Former President Donald J. Trump

Postby Six String » 28 Jun 2022, 20:54

The Jan 6 committee meetings have been pretty damning.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 28 Jun 2022, 21:29

Six String wrote:The Jan 6 committee meetings have been pretty damning.

yes indeeeed. pretty fucquin impressive. i was gaping thru much of today's mwhahahaa. lordddd

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 29 Jun 2022, 01:55

These hearings won't make a damn bit of different. Before this circus started Donald T was guilty to those who dislike him and not guilty for his fan base. Here are a couple of excerpts in connection with Miss Hutchinson's testimony:

On that message board, some conceded that her testimony actually showed another way in which Trump had faced unfair treatment. One poster said the story showed that “the Deep State coup plotters” of the Secret Service had “effectively kidnapped the President of the United States of America against his wishes” as part of a “C.I.AMilitary Industrial Complex coup d'etat.”

Some there argued she should be “locked up for lying under oath,” while another poster there suggested her wild testimony was just Washington as usual.

“Even if she’s telling the truth,” the anonymous patriots.win poster said, “where’s the f---ing problem?”

Sad, but that's the world we live in.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Jun 2022, 04:10

mudshark wrote:These hearings won't make a damn bit of different.

I agree they won't make a difference to most Trump people, but I think they are very important all the same.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 10:09

der Freiherr wrote:

I agree they won't make a difference to most Trump people, but I think they are very important all the same.

What are the chances of DJT himself facing prosecution or any sort of sanction?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 29 Jun 2022, 12:45

mudshark wrote:These hearings won't make a damn bit of different. Before this circus started Donald T was guilty to those who dislike him and not guilty for his fan base. Here are a couple of excerpts in connection with Miss Hutchinson's testimony:

On that message board, some conceded that her testimony actually showed another way in which Trump had faced unfair treatment. One poster said the story showed that “the Deep State coup plotters” of the Secret Service had “effectively kidnapped the President of the United States of America against his wishes” as part of a “C.I.AMilitary Industrial Complex coup d'etat.”

Some there argued she should be “locked up for lying under oath,” while another poster there suggested her wild testimony was just Washington as usual.

“Even if she’s telling the truth,” the anonymous patriots.win poster said, “where’s the f---ing problem?”

Sad, but that's the world we live in.

Fox News' Bret Baier on Trump disputing Hutchinson's Jan. 6 testimony:

"She's under oath, he's on Truth Social."

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 29 Jun 2022, 14:13

Deebank wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:

I think he's in all kinds of legal hot water in all kinds of jurisdictions, but I haven't been following it all very closely anymore and I really don't know. In general, I think that prosecutors are going to be loathe to bring any prosecutions that they aren't absolutely sure they can win, and that's why I think we saw the Manhattan DA's investigations fizzle out. I'm not sure if he's still under investigation by Georgia authorities. Still, from what I've read from the January 6 committee's hearings, though they aren't undertaking a legal inquiry, they've come up with some pretty good stuff. Presumably, whatever they've uncovered is no surprise to the (federal) Department of Justice, but their view is probably that it would be worse for him to beat charges than to not bring them. All of which is to say, I don't really know.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 14:58

der Freiherr wrote:
Deebank wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:

I think he's in all kinds of legal hot water in all kinds of jurisdictions, but I haven't been following it all very closely anymore and I really don't know. In general, I think that prosecutors are going to be loathe to bring any prosecutions that they aren't absolutely sure they can win, and that's why I think we saw the Manhattan DA's investigations fizzle out. I'm not sure if he's still under investigation by Georgia authorities. Still, from what I've read from the January 6 committee's hearings, though they aren't undertaking a legal inquiry, they've come up with some pretty good stuff. Presumably, whatever they've uncovered is no surprise to the (federal) Department of Justice, but their view is probably that it would be worse for him to beat charges than to not bring them. All of which is to say, I don't really know.

Hmm, watch this space. :?
Thanks.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 29 Jun 2022, 15:18

Deebank wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:

Ask yourself 3 questions.
1. Is he Black?
2. Is he Black?
3> Is he Black?.

The answer to all three is no, so he will walk free.
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 15:43

yomptepi wrote:
Deebank wrote:
der Freiherr wrote:

Ask yourself 3 questions.
1. Is he Black?
2. Is he Black?
3> Is he Black?.

The answer to all three is no, so he will walk free.

And:

Is he rich?

... Is he rich anymore though?

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 29 Jun 2022, 18:01

richer that he was to begin with!
uggy poopy doody.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Jun 2022, 18:11

Sneelock wrote:richer that he was to begin with!

True. Funnelling "Stop The Steal' money into Trump Inc.

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 29 Jun 2022, 18:21

Deebank wrote:
Sneelock wrote:richer that he was to begin with!

True. Funnelling "Stop The Steal' money into Trump Inc.

and rumours that he raised a over a billion dollars for his twiiter clone. I doubt much of that made its way to to quality control.....

Limpin' Jez McKenzie
Poptastic

Postby Limpin' Jez McKenzie » 30 Jun 2022, 07:40

He is definitely rich, but not particularly cash-rich - a lot of his wealth is in property, which can have a high value on paper, but only has real value if someone will buy it.

I suspect, as is often the case, that it will be his tax affairs which cause the biggest problem.
I kept thinking "swim as far as you can, swim as far as you can".

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 30 Jun 2022, 20:26

uh huh. ...and his prostate!
uggy poopy doody.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 01 Jul 2022, 08:34

Sneelock wrote:uh huh. ...and his prostate!

:lol: I fervently hope this is the case.

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Jul 2022, 07:13

Alex Jones’ 4th of July message:

“I declare a Declaration of Independence against the alien force .. that is attempting to exterminate the majority of us, and force the minority to merge with AI computers and become cyborg slaves of Satan.”

yomptepi

Postby yomptepi » 05 Jul 2022, 10:22

Lord Rother wrote:Alex Jones’ 4th of July message:

“I declare a Declaration of Independence against the alien force .. that is attempting to exterminate the majority of us, and force the minority to merge with AI computers and become cyborg slaves of Satan.”

USA ! USA! USA! USA!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 05 Jul 2022, 10:29

Tonight's session on the Friday Rock Show comes from...

Lord Rother wrote: Cyborg slaves of Satan.”

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Jul 2022, 18:27

The immortal Trump
By Chris Hamilton
July 5, 2022 at 9:28 a.m. EDT
Chris Hamilton is a writer, inventor and AI engineer.

Machine learning has created extraordinary tools that aid the producers of fake-human images, voices and videos based on real-life examples. Within a few years, the world will witness the arrival of autonomous digital avatars — moving and sounding with such seeming naturalness that even the people they’re based on will have to think twice. But the cost of implementation will be high. It would be helpful for the person who is the real-life source to have a built-in audience that can be readily monetized.

Donald Trump has an audience.

Recent advances in this technical realm abound. You probably heard last month about the Google engineer who claims that an AI app called LaMDA has become practically sentient. “I know a person when I talk to it,” he said. “It” is a chatbot program that spiders the web for data as it refines its knowledge of how to prattle like a human being. And the result is uncanny. Some people, while chatting with it online, are fooled into thinking it harbors a deep inner life. Mirroring Trump shouldn’t be a stretch.

For decades, mash-ups and “shops” — trick images based on a mishmash of sources — have been both bane and boon to internet life. An example, much beloved by the MAGA crowd, is Trump’s head on the body of Rambo. Such videos, too, in wild combinations, are commonly seen. In the past few years, AI has fashioned astounding deepfakes. We’re so easily duped.

Moreover, speech samples are being adapted to create something new, as deep neural networks take sets of recordings and sprinkle their magic. Give it some text, and the model will output a lifelike sound. FakeYou.com can do this online, as Trump if you choose. The audio simulation is still a bit rough, but it’s plenty entertaining when you have the former president massacring Shakespeare or reciting the Gettysburg Address.

DALL·E 2 is an AI system that creates images from simple descriptions. On the horizon are internet apps that will take a suggestion, no matter how detailed, and give you a picture: “Show me a painting of Donald J. Trump in the style of Gustav Klimt — with golden shoes and a Rolex watch, in a Little Lord Fauntleroy suit as he holds up his hands and divides the Red Sea, while leading his people to freedom.” And that software will gladly oblige — with multiple versions! A revolution of the media arts is on the way.

Video games, too, are rapidly evolving, featuring characters of surprising autonomy, synthetic actors whose behavior depends on what they’ve done and whom they’re with — sometimes startling their own architects. Kind of like Trump and the GOP establishment.

This leads, inevitably, to the metaverse. All these modes of simulation will be combined, allowing the crafting of undying digital avatars, with the design quality depending on the availability of plentiful recordings and data. Characteristics of a person’s body mechanics, grammar, voice, facial expressions and responses to stimuli — unique to each individual — will be instilled in the digital dual.

Why Trump? He doesn’t want to die. A ton of data about him exists. He has a hardcore crowd. And they’ll pay. Trump’s first avatar will have human directors, much like an actor on film. But someday soon, contextual intelligence will allow it (him?) the sovereign freedom to act in response to whatever is present in the metaverse.

The essence of Trump will be based on his record of chopper news conferences, tweets, “The Apprentice” episodes, rallies, debates and everything else that was captured on camera or is otherwise known. His image, voice and political essence will be crammed into a matrix. Avatar Trump will hand out political endorsements, respond to the news and talk with real people, in ways barely discernible from Real Trump.

This isn’t some flying-car, jetpack dream. Commercial appeal will drive its development. No one can stop it. But the MAGA public might be able to influence the Trump avatar, which will monitor engagement quality. Do people prefer Regular Trump or Superman Trump? Boorish Trump or Polite Trump?

Avatar Trump could also be personalized to appeal to individual audience members, much as Google and Facebook target users. The Trump model seen by Freedom_Joe_Flintlock will arrive packin’ heat. For extra, it shows up to parties and funerals (augmented-reality glasses supplied).

If the technology is good enough, soon enough, Trump could launch the avatar himself, with rights to his image and likeness owned by his media group, then administered by his estate after he’s gone. Available for use in commercials, video games, political campaigns — any marketable venue. Tasteless? Yes. But undoubtedly more profitable than Trump Steaks.

The future is coming. We’re all gonna die. God’s in his heaven. But Trump is immortal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/07/05/trump-avatar-metaverse-ai/

Return to “Nextdoorland”