Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: Former President Donald J. Trump

Postby Lord Rother » 19 Oct 2021, 20:55

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Oct 2021, 21:44

Just saw a related item. How utterly revolting.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Matty Red Sox
Shameless Canonist
Location: from NYC done with Jakarta and Hiroshima - currently hiding in Switzerland!

Postby Matty Red Sox » 19 Oct 2021, 21:45

When you think he can't go lower, he does.
the Eagles suck.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 19 Oct 2021, 21:45

I thought that maybe that was a fake but, no, it's for real.

I shouldn't be surprised...
Bugger off.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 19 Oct 2021, 21:48

Really makes you want to donate to "the cause", doesn't it?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 19 Oct 2021, 23:39

A few months ago there was a thread about wishing somebody was dead. I want to change my opinion.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 20 Oct 2021, 14:06

For once Trump is right.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Nov 2021, 09:17

A current Republican candidate for the United States Senate from Pennsylvania, Everett Stern, is claiming that he was approached by agents from Michael Flynn’s Patriot Caucus—funded by Texas billionaire Al Hartman—who told him they’re working with former intelligence agents from both domestic and foreign intelligence agencies to acquire dirt on state and federal politicians. Their goal? To extort those politicians into pushing to audit and decertify Joe Biden’s November 2020 election victory and reinstal Donald Trump as president. Stern says that he was given the impression that the Patriot Caucus did not care if illegal means were used to acquire or deploy the intelligence they sought.

Stern now says he has evidence of these contacts, and provided it to law enforcement.

If true, Stern’s allegations could well amount to treason—and not just in the lay sense, but the statutory one. Working with agents of a hostile nation to bring down the U.S. government would indeed be akin to an act of war against the United States, and so providing aid and comfort to a foreign hostile engaged in such an act of war (let alone directing the effort) might well be Treason

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 05 Nov 2021, 10:09

Jesus.

I'm not holding my breath but it would be rather splendid if this could be proven to be true.

Rather depressing at the same time.
Bugger off.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 05 Nov 2021, 11:06

I am convinced Trump has been using honey traps on an industrial scale for decades to gain leverage.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 09 Nov 2021, 22:23

This is just so depressing. How the actual fuck has it come to this, and how deeply fucked is the USA right now?

Or am I / they over-reacting?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 09 Nov 2021, 23:07

Oh, it's pretty fucked up, sir. However, getting the infrastructure bill through was a major and somewhat bipartisan achievement.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 10 Nov 2021, 07:10

Got to love AOC’s response:

This dude is a just a collection of wet toothpicks anyway.

White supremacy is for extremely fragile people &sad men like him, whose self concept relies on the myth that he was born superior because deep down he knows he couldn’t open a pickle jar or read a whole book by himself

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 10 Nov 2021, 09:39

Lord Rother wrote:This is just so depressing. How the actual fuck has it come to this, and how deeply fucked is the USA right now?

Or am I / they over-reacting?

Was this about a particular piece of arsewittery or just a general post of despair?
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 10 Nov 2021, 11:30

Well, it's the arsewittery featured in the YouTube vid posted.

Maybe you can't see it? Gosar killing AOC in a video game, plus others killing Biden and Harris.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 10 Nov 2021, 12:57

Lord Rother wrote:Well, it's the arsewittery featured in the YouTube vid posted.

Maybe you can't see it? Gosar killing AOC in a video game, plus others killing Biden and Harris.

Yes I couldn't see it but I do know of it. I was afraid i'd missed something :)
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Dec 2021, 00:46

Opinion: The media treats Biden as badly as — or worse than — Trump.
By Dana Milbank
Columnist
Today at 6:48 p.m. EST

A sampling of headlines atop the influential Politico Playbook newsletter over the past month:

“Let the Democratic freakout begin.”

“Dems start to face the hard questions.”

“Does the WH owe Larry Summers an apology?”

“The other big intra-Democratic fight.”

“No BIF bump for Biden.”

“White House braces for a bad CBO score.”

“ … Biden dithers …”

“Biden tries to calm nerves about 2024.”

“The case for why Biden is screwed.”

Even the extraordinary news that jobless claims had dropped to the lowest level in 52 years came with a qualifier: “BUT, BUT, BUT … don’t expect [the numbers] to immediately change Americans’ negative perceptions of the economy.”

It isn’t just Politico. My impression of other outlets’ coverage of President Biden had been much the same: unrelentingly negative. Was it my imagination?

No, it wasn’t.

Artificial intelligence can now measure the negativity with precision. At my request, Forge.ai, a data analytics unit of the information company FiscalNote, combed through more than 200,000 articles — tens of millions of words — from 65 news websites (newspapers, network and cable news, political publications, news wires and more) to do a “sentiment analysis” of coverage. Using algorithms that give weight to certain adjectives based on their placement in the story, it rated the coverage Biden received in the first 11 months of 2021 and the coverage President Donald Trump got in the first 11 months of 2020.

The findings, painstakingly assembled by FiscalNote vice president Bill Frischling, confirmed my fear: My colleagues in the media are serving as accessories to the murder of democracy.

After a honeymoon of slightly positive coverage in the first three months of the year, Biden’s press for the past four months has been as bad as — and for a time worse than — the coverage Trump received for the same four months of 2020.

Think about that. In 2020, Trump presided over a worst-in-world pandemic response that caused hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths; held a superspreader event at the White House and got covid-19 himself; praised QAnon adherents; embraced violent White supremacists; waged a racist campaign against Black Lives Matter demonstrators; attempted to discredit mail-in voting; and refused to accept his defeat in a free and fair election, leading eventually to the violence of Jan. 6 and causing tens of millions to accept the “big lie,” the worst of more than 30,000 he told in office.

And yet Trump got press coverage as favorable as, or better than, Biden is getting today. Sure, Biden has had his troubles, with the delta variant, Afghanistan and inflation. But the economy is rebounding impressively, he has signed major legislation, and he has restored some measure of decency, calm and respect for democratic institutions.

We need a skeptical, independent press. But how about being partisans for democracy? The country is in an existential struggle between self-governance and an authoritarian alternative. And we in the news media, collectively, have given equal, if not slightly more favorable, treatment to the authoritarians.

Sentiment analysis ranks coverage from entirely negative (-1.0) to entirely positive (1.0), and most outlets are in a relatively tight band between -0.1 and 0.1. Overall, Biden was slightly positive or neutral for seven months, ranging from .02 to -.01. That plummeted to -.07 in August — a lower number than Trump hit in all of 2020 (or 2019) — and has been between -.04 and -.03 ever since. Trump never left a narrow range of -.03 to -.04. (The data set doesn’t go far enough back to make a comparison to Trump’s first year in office.)

Also noteworthy: Trump got roughly twice as much coverage in 2020 as Biden has received in 2021. And the coverage of Biden is noticeably more negative than the tone of news coverage overall. Predictably, Breitbart and the New York Post are among the most negative outlets, but even liberal ones such as HuffPost and Salon have been negative. (The Washington Post was the closest to neutral, at .0006.)

How to explain why Biden would be treated more harshly than a president who actively subverted democracy? Perhaps journalists, pressured by Trump’s complaints about the press, pulled punches. Perhaps media outlets, after losing the readership and viewership Trump brought, think tough coverage will generate interest.

I suspect my peers across the media have fallen victim to our asymmetric politics. Biden governs under traditional norms, while Republicans run a shocking campaign to delegitimize him with one fabricated charge after another. This week, Republicans threatened a government shutdown to block Biden’s vaccine mandates, after a year of efforts to discourage vaccination. Yet, incredibly, they’re simultaneously blaming Biden for coronavirus deaths — deaths occurring almost entirely among the unvaccinated. “More people have died of covid under President Biden than did in all of 2020,” proclaimed Sen. John Barrasso (Wyo.), GOP conference chairman.

As Biden might say: C’mon, man.

Too many journalists are caught in a mindless neutrality between democracy and its saboteurs, between fact and fiction. It’s time to take a stand.

link

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 04 Dec 2021, 10:00

Very interesting.

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 05 Dec 2021, 16:35

From the BBC web site. More proof that the USA is disappearing down an ever more insane rabbit hole.

"Donald Trump's new social media firm says it has raised $1bn (£755m) from investors ahead of a planned stock market listing.

The Trump Media & Technology Group is working to launch a social media app called Truth Social early next year.

It comes as Mr Trump remains banned from Twitter and Facebook following the attack on the US Capitol in January.

"$1bn sends an important message to Big Tech that censorship and political discrimination must end," he said."

So it looks like it will indeed be four more years of the orange turd. Ho Hum.
You don't like me...do you?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 05 Dec 2021, 17:12

yomptepi wrote:From the BBC web site. More proof that the USA is disappearing down an ever more insane rabbit hole.

"Donald Trump's new social media firm says it has raised $1bn (£755m) from investors ahead of a planned stock market listing.

The Trump Media & Technology Group is working to launch a social media app called Truth Social early next year.

It comes as Mr Trump remains banned from Twitter and Facebook following the attack on the US Capitol in January.

"$1bn sends an important message to Big Tech that censorship and political discrimination must end," he said."

So it looks like it will indeed be four more years of the orange turd. Ho Hum.

I am surprised you would believe anything the perfidious shyster might have to say.

Return to “Nextdoorland”