Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
mudshark

Re: Former President Donald J. Trump

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 23:05

He's been on a rough ride ever since the first bankruptcy! When was that? From memory: Taj Mahal, 1989 (Dr. Matt Wilson will correct me if I'm wrong).
What it shows is that you have to go as low as Madoff before the system says 'enough'. Seriously: I don't think the US as an institution will allow a former president to be completely disgraced, let alone put behind bars where he undoubtedly belongs to spend his time, since the early '90s.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 14 May 2021, 23:11

Honestly, mudshark, not to cause offense (as if you'd ever worry about that), but who the hell are you again?
You mentioned me three times in the last month or so. Have we ever spoken before? I've seen your name around these parts for quite some time, but for the life of me can't recall ever giving you the time of day.

Or maybe that's what's upset you so...

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 14 May 2021, 23:50

Hi Matt,
I don't seek your attention. Reading through some of the threads my feeling is that you're a bit condescending and that annoyed me for a bit. Your petty correction on 'Cochrane' was unnecessary because we all know it's just a typo. But perhaps such things are important to you and I should rerspect that.. Would explain Marion riding in on his high white horse. But, like a non-dengue-fever- musquito-bite, it only bothered me for a bit.

Matt Wilson
Psychedelic Cowpunk

Postby Matt Wilson » 15 May 2021, 00:56

So the guy with the Zappa username and avatar is "annoyed for a bit" about condescendence. Just wanted to get that straight. And because I typed the name "Cochran" you went into a rant claiming narcissism, "snob," and my fave, "the definition of a wanker." Did I get that right? Oh, and then went off and commented on another thread where you dropped my name, only later to claim you "don't seek my attention." Christ...

Well, reading through some of the before-mentioned threads my feeling is that a guy who doesn't bother to get to know someone for the eighteen years that we've been frequenting this forum, only to act in the manner above described is the definition of a passive-aggressive little cunt. I'm not gonna worry about it though, it only bothered me for a bit.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 16 May 2021, 19:18

You're probably right, Matt. My apologies

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 16 May 2021, 19:58

get a room.
You don't like me...do you?

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 02 Jun 2021, 23:20

He’s shut down his blog. Didn’t like the fact people were taking the piss out of it.

Maybe he’s ready to launch his game changing social media platform. :lol: :lol:

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 03 Jun 2021, 01:48

Lord Rother wrote:He’s shut down his blog. Didn’t like the fact people were taking the piss out of it.

Maybe he’s ready to launch his game changing social media platform. :lol: :lol:

yeah, and now he's telling close allies that he's gonna be, get this... "reinstated"... as president in august.

we'll probably get more violence, but this Qanon-level crazy is gonna implode. and i'm guessin this august stuff is becuz he knows he's gonna be indicted by then. just my own lil bet.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 03 Jun 2021, 07:07

One thing that I find really frustrating is that if Western democracy is going to fall it'll happen with wankers like Trump and Johnson gurning at the helm.
Bugger off.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 14 Sep 2021, 22:46

I suppose it’s pretty much what one would have expected from the madman but this is well worth a read.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/14/poli ... index.html

I know it won’t change one single mind from within his base but hopefully it’ll add to the drip effect and shave another million off the diminishing still relatively sane elements of Republican supporters who might be tempted to vote for him if he runs and gets the nomination for 2024.

Please God anyway.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 15 Sep 2021, 03:00

In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

I'm only surprised - very surprised - that this happened so late in the day. Before he had even taken office, Trump was rhetorically asking "what's the point of having nukes if I can't use them?", and later spoke of neutralizing hurricanes by dropping nukes on them. This isn't someone you want in charge of the nuclear codes.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 16 Sep 2021, 12:13

The survey (by CNN) finds that 36% of Americans don't think Biden legitimately got sufficient votes to win last November. On the one hand, that means a handy majority does believe Biden won fair and square.

On the other, however, a restive one-third minority in a nation of 330 million can be a powerful and destructive force.

Among Republicans, 78% believe Biden did not win the election and 54% believe that there is solid evidence to support such a view, according to the poll, even though no evidence exists and multiple courts and states and the US Congress certified a victory that Trump's Justice Department said was untainted by significant fraud.

Among Republicans who say Trump should be the leader of the party, 88% believe Biden lost the election. And in a sign that many Americans think that the ex-President's efforts are causing more permanent damage, 51% say it is likely that elected officials in the US will successfully overturn the results of a future election because their party did not win.

So what will be the actual trigger-point for the Civil War?

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 16 Sep 2021, 18:57

I think the recent failure of the California recall suggests that, at least the so-called 'liberal' states - which are the ones with the largest economies and bigger political power - we as a country have rejected Trump and Trumpism.

I think the whole thing will eventually fade away and become an embarrassing part of our history that's been overcome.

And in a century or so, there will be folks protesting outside crumbling Trump Tower asking for it to be destroyed. And a (by then) VERY small minority claiming 'cancel culture' and asking for it to remain up as a symbol of better times before the country went to hell in a handbasket.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 17 Sep 2021, 20:15

I don't know but from where I'm sitting in Texas (just got power back yesterday after hurricane Nicholas knocked it out last Monday) Trumpism is very much alive. Big old Ford 150's still race around with the usual flags on it, and when I drive my daughter to school in Tomball I pass a house that still has a Trump 2020 sign.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 28 Sep 2021, 21:48

Read a few excerpts from the new "tell all" book by former white house press secretary Stephanie Grisham, "I’ll Take Your Questions Now: What I Saw at the Trump White House". Sorry, can't share any useful links as yet. However, there should be some juicy stuff in there. Whether you choose to believe it all is up to you, but I have a feeling that altough I'm sure there is an element of the teller's "point of view" built in in there, some of the stories must have some veracity to them. Asking for a certain press attache to be on Air Force One so he could admire her "rear assets" (my words), discussing the shape of his own appendage with his press secretary following Stormy Daniels' assertions ("He Called Me to Insist His Penis Wasn't Toadstool-Shaped")....

Should be entertaining at least.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 29 Sep 2021, 11:58

I wonder who had to tell Trump the results of the Cyber Ninjas Arizona audit :lol:
Poor fucker.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 29 Sep 2021, 21:42

I so wish the press would leave it all alone so he can (and will) be forgotten about. My MSC.com home screen shows at least 10 Trump stories. And that while we're on the brink of yet another government shut-down. The media keep him relevant and in the news and I'm just really fucking tired of it.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Sep 2021, 22:48

mudshark wrote:I so wish the press would leave it all alone so he can (and will) be forgotten about.

That would happen if the GOP would forget about him. But they're clearly not anywhere near ready to let go.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 29 Sep 2021, 23:25

Most politicians dance to what's in the news. Get him out of it and they will let him go. Two years into the Trump presidency there where multiple articles every day about Clinton. That really bothered me because of its irrelevance. Same here. Do I sound really old when I say we should go back to 2 newspapers a day and fax machines?

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 11 Oct 2021, 22:36

Return to “Nextdoorland”