Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jumper K

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Jumper K » 11 Oct 2020, 15:28

Minnie the Minx wrote:I had a dream that me and Jumper K went on a pub crawl of Canada’s ‘real ale’ bars.

All of them?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Oct 2020, 17:50

Last night I had a dream that I was in hospital with back pain. They gave me a sandwich to eat that was made with yoga mats instead of bread.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Oct 2020, 18:39

Background: my family lived in Izmir, Turkey from mid-1973 to mid-'75. Day before yesterday I had a nice long phone chat with my older brother Jon who lives in Seattle, and among other things we discussed people we remembered from Turkey, some of whom he's in touch with on Facebook. Okay, so...

A stranger came to the door - short and a bit squat, bald, with a round face and a short salt-and-pepper beard, and speaking halting English with an accent that I couldn't quite place. He said he wanted to see my brother (who of course wasn't there) because they'd been friends in Turkey. Something made me suspicious, and I was asking him how he knew Jon, but the more I tried to pin him down on the particulars the worse his English seemed to get. I had the feeling his English was probably really quite good and he was only pretending otherwise so he could pretend to not understand my questions, or to not be able to answer them.

Then he said he needed to speak to me in my car; I thought this was a strange request, but I agreed. On the walk from the house to the car (which was parked a bit farther away from the house than in real life) I was saying he'd have to give me a minute to clear off the passenger seat, which was full of CDs and various other things (as is true IRL) - then it occurred to me that we had been talking to each other at very close range without either of us wearing a mask. Well, I thought, I've got some masks in the car, but I realized that if he had the Covid virus I was probably already infected.

At the same time, I realized that the man I was talking to was Lev Parnas, the Ukrainian-born businessman who was at the center of Trump's Ukraine scandal.

I opened the driver's side door, he opened the passenger door, and I leaned inside to clear the seat off and also find masks for us. He continued to talk, and as he did he started to vomit a little but he continued talking, as though he hoped I wouldn't notice. I said "You're not getting in my car, Lev." He accepted this without complaint, and we were walking back towards the house when I woke up.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Oct 2020, 02:57

Had a dream a couple of nights ago that I got a job working at a company owned by Rod Stewart. I don't recall what the product or service was - it wasn't anything music-related. I was surprised to discover that he wasn't merely a celebrity figurehead - he was actually in there most of the time, very "hands on" and concerned with the quality of... whatever we were doing/making, and was regarded with real affection and respect by everyone there. I myself found him very friendly and charming, even though at one point he asked me "So Charles, how long have you been with us - about five months now, isn't it?" and I had to answer "actually, about four hours, Rod."

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Nov 2020, 13:16

I had a dream last night that I bought my husband some bologna on sale. I don't eat bologna but he does, so I was being nice. When I told him about the bologna, he told everyone that I would prepare them spaghetti bolognese. Then I told him that I didn't have any chopped meat/ground beef for the spaghetti bolognese and there was some sort of confusion. I ended up making spaghetti bolognese for around twenty business associates.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Nov 2020, 14:58

I dreamt I had a mouth full of cockroaches that I was hiding from
Baron.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 Nov 2020, 14:35

Last night I had a dream that I married my old assistant and she moved in with us. She was a bit grumpy and didn’t seem to be enjoying the arrangement. Then, Fred Armisen married my hairdresser and she shaved her head. She tried to sell me her sofa and I said I wanted it, and I asked Baron and he said ‘oh don’t ask ME why don’t you ask you your WIFE!’ Then the house had multiple leaks and sank.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Nov 2020, 23:59

Minnie the Minx wrote:Last night I had a dream that I married my old assistant and she moved in with us. She was a bit grumpy and didn’t seem to be enjoying the arrangement. Then, Fred Armisen married my hairdresser and she shaved her head. She tried to sell me her sofa and I said I wanted it, and I asked Baron and he said ‘oh don’t ask ME why don’t you ask you your WIFE!’ Then the house had multiple leaks and sank.

:lol: I’d like some of what you’re smoking!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Nov 2020, 00:59

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Last night I had a dream that I married my old assistant and she moved in with us. She was a bit grumpy and didn’t seem to be enjoying the arrangement. Then, Fred Armisen married my hairdresser and she shaved her head. She tried to sell me her sofa and I said I wanted it, and I asked Baron and he said ‘oh don’t ask ME why don’t you ask you your WIFE!’ Then the house had multiple leaks and sank.

Honestly, I'd happily trade you my night time dream adventures. I've always had vivid dreams, but this year they have been increasingly bananas and I wake up feeling like my night has been anything but restful, even if I have slept like a log!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Nov 2020, 04:48

Minnie the Minx wrote:
Six String wrote:

Honestly, I'd happily trade you my night time dream adventures. I've always had vivid dreams, but this year they have been increasingly bananas and I wake up feeling like my night has been anything but restful, even if I have slept like a log!

Last night I dreamed about talking to my “source” for my organic Mendo but when I woke up there wasn’t more weed in my stash. :x I did wake up restful though slightly disappointed. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Dec 2020, 12:21

Last night I had a dream that Jeffrey Tambor was asleep in the spare room. He had the DTs so I wrapped him in a duvet like a mummy and asked him to do it quietly.

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Dec 2020, 20:44

I was in a small border town in Texas that was a hotspot for music festivals. They had one traditional border music festival going on, and another old school hip hop festival scheduled, with a break-dancing contest or exhibition. The town was enduring some kind of hardship, so Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash arrived for a charity community event. I was in the back of a tiny church building watching Willie and Johnny talking to the crowd of people inside. I was in the back but it was such a small building they weren't far away at all, and suddenly it occurred to me that I should take a photo. By the time I reached my camera and turned it on, Johnny and Willie had walked off stage followed by a huge crowd blocking my view of them. Willie didn't even sing, although Johnny had briefly sung an off-the-cuff traditional hymn or song a cappella earlier.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Dec 2020, 13:57

I had a dream that I was giving a speech at a local hospital. I stood to take the podium and I was walking through the audience to begin my address. I noticed someone in the audience had an enormous boil and I said ‘oh, I have to lance this first!’ So I lanced it quickly and it leaked an ocean’s worth of fluid and everyone was drenched in it, and we had to stop the presentation. Everyone was pissed off with me.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Dec 2020, 21:24

I’m trying to look after a bay full of patients but they keep stealing my shoes. Some of them steal my shoes and then shit in them!

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 Dec 2020, 21:51

I woke up mad at Rebecca because I dreamed she was mad at me and wouldn’t tell me why. We checked into a hotel in a big city (SF?) and the next morning a hotel worker was outside our window which he proceeded to remove along with the curtains. I was furious and got dressed and went to the lobby, R still mad and when I decided to return to the room I couldn’t remember the room number and I had no key. Rebecca comes down to the lobby and we leave and I’m standing next to her muscle car and thinking I’ll ride in the back or maybe take a bus home. Then I woke up. R also had a short haircut like when she was in the corporate culture. I’ve only seen pics of that “do” as it was before I knew her.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 29 Dec 2020, 01:10

Reading around dozens of articles on the subject show that since Covid -19, people have been reporting increasingly intense and vivid dreams. I was sure that I wasn't on my own and had half expected my dreams to get more intense anyway, given that my whole life has been full of them. People who report almost never remembering their dreams have full novels being written in their head and are seeking help, only to be told that they are not on their own. I wonder how long they will go on? Till lockdown eases?

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 29 Dec 2020, 01:38

I haven't had a lot of covid dreams - in fact, I think I've only had two. They've both taken place in record stores.

The one last night was at a store other than the one that employs me. I was browsing and found some vintage magazines and/or sheet music that I was excited about when it suddenly hit me that I'd left my face mask in the car. I was embarrassed and was about to see if I could find a scrap of paper on my person that I could write a note on, to ask the clerk behind the counter to hold these things for me while I went and got my mask. Then I realized that no one else in the store was wearing a mask either. At that moment there weren't a lot of customers and it was a good-sized store, so I relaxed a little - though only a little - and wasn't so embarrassed anymore. A minute later I was looking at some LPs when I got a tap on the shoulder, and it was an old friend who I lost track of probably twenty years ago; he greeted me happily and hugged me before I had a chance to say anything, and suddenly the store - or at least the aisle I was browsing - was packed with people, and I panicked. I tried to squirm away from my friend and the rest of the crowd, apologetically stammering something to him about feeling a little claustrophobic - and then I woke up.

Flower

Postby Flower » 30 Dec 2020, 12:30

One of my dreams last night was that JIMBO was running Black Cat Bone and that he recruited many new members from a kibbutz where he worked many years ago with my ex-husband. Jimbo also posted a poll of Idan Yaniv versus David and the High Spirit which had over a thousand votes. I woke singing Shalom Aleichem.

My other remembered dream was that we had a blackout but had solar heaters on our porches, so we were warm and all the neighborhood cats came to visit.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jan 2021, 19:45

Back in the 1980s I worked with a large management consultancy firm, and part of the training involved a basic foundation in psychology. I was very lucky in that when I was going through the in-house programme, it had been effectively taken over by Jungian psychologists, so we got a lot of teaching I found fascinating but which was not long after determined to be not entirely relevant to downsizing, outsourcing, and rationalisation! :lol:

Anyway, at the time I followed up the interests in Jungian psychology by means of one of the local community/Further Education colleges, The City Literary Institute.

[And in a fine example of the process of creative career destruction, I later left the consultancy to teach at the same institution, which was the message nearly all my studies was driving home to me:

https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2016 ... eas/nexus/

But that's a whole other non-dream related story...]

While I was studying at the City Lit, one Jungian course I took was in dream interpretation, it was for 12 weeks at the end of 1989. I sat one evening a weekly in a circle of about a dozen or so students and talked about our dreams. In order to have material to discuss, and there being no internet to blog on, we were encouraged to keep a dream diary.

So I bought one. But it remained blank and empty throughout the course. I got to hear other people's dreams and got really good at interpreting them in terms of Jungian archetypes and so forth, but my own A4 ruled notebook remained unblemished. I tried all the tricks suggested by the course tutor, but by the end I had not contributed a single dream.

I was sad about this. Why wasn't I dreaming? The tutor made me promise to continue the project of trying to record my dreams, which I did. SIx months later I had my first recalled dream! It was a doozy!

So the first year, 1990, I wrote down 9 dreams. The next year I recorded 33 dreams, and in 1992 it took off - I was recording an average of one or two dreams every three nights, so over 250 dreams in two years.

I kept at it in the following decades, although those were the two biggest years for dream harvesting. In 2006 I recorded no dreams, and for the following few years I seldom recorded more than ten each year. Lately it has increased again, and in 2020 I wrote down nearly 70 dreams.

Friends have asked why I do it, and the main answer is it is funny/amusing/odd to read a story written in my handwriting and not know how it ends, or recall much about it. This is because dreams soon slip away for most of us unless you catch them.

By coincidence my second volume of over a thousand dreams (in total so far over two books) finished at the end of 2020, so now I write in a new book. In fact, I sort of helped by spending time over the holidays trying to recall a few dreams in order to fill up the last book, but I got there.

In one of the last dreams in the second book, so one I dreamed a few nights ago, I am disturbed by animals in the garden howling and making noise. I open the door to the garden and get on all fours, trying to show our cat that if she growled at them they would go away. Some foxes do, but one stands his ground and growls back at me. There is also an old basset hound wearing spectacles, like a Disney character. She says 'why don't you just do something useful and shut the door, you silly man?'. The implication is that I am in fact the one causing trouble by being in the garden, and instructing the cat in aggressive and pointless behaviour.

I don't get annoyed since this is in fact a sensible suggestion, so I thank her and also ask her, since she speaks English so well, if she can talk to the foxes and ask them what the problem is, exactly?
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 04 Jan 2021, 20:56

I happened to hear a brief snatch of a Fresh Air interview in the car today; the interviewee was a doctor of some sort, and the subject at that particular moment was the importance of getting enough sleep. He said seven to nine hours per night was a good general range, then added "If you dream in the morning - like, just before you wake up - you're probably in good shape."

Return to “Nextdoorland”