Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Deebank
Resonator

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Deebank » 18 Mar 2022, 08:28

I had a dream that I was due to meet Jimmy Page (possibly for a journalistic interview).

JP wanted to meet at a pub/restaurant on a Devon campsight / holiday camp type place

When I arrived the wisened guitarist was hustling a family away from his chosen table.

The conversation was awkward with me trying to steer clear of all the cliches - mud sharks etc.

We parted on good terms
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 27 May 2022, 18:40

I was watching Bob Dylan perform on Saturday Night Live. Uncharachteristically he was playing piano and wore a fake comedy giant nose.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Aug 2022, 15:42

I had a dream that Duran Duran were living in a huge shitty house similar to all the ones I lived in with friends in my youth. The toilets were in an utter state - disgusting - and there were only two which I considered amazing given their wealth. In this dream I marched Nick Rhodes up to the bog and made him look at the mess. I said you of all people Nick, you’re so finicky!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Aug 2022, 03:05

A "comic article" that this thread's enthusiasts might find interesting:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2022/08/14/how-i-trained-myself-remember-my-dreams/

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 24 Aug 2022, 03:30

I had a dream in which a re-release of "Flowers in the Rain" by The Move had somehow topped the modern country music charts.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 25 Aug 2022, 22:47

I had an exhausting one last night. Apparently I got totally lost in something resembling our new office building (but very different in oh so many ways, buck naked. I kept going from scene to scene, looking for my rightful place where my stuff was but kept running into surprising set-ups that made absolutely no sense. Nobody else seemed bothered by my nakedness and a few teammates tried to no avail.

I actually got up once in the night to pee and went right back to where I was when I hit the pillow once again.

I woke up exhausted. And got dressed quickly.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Aug 2022, 23:52

I had a dream that me and baron moved to England And the first minute we were there, someone was rude to me and I said RIGHT WE ARE MOVING BACK and we did :D

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Aug 2022, 01:42

I had a back-to-high-school dream last night. I've forgotten a lot of it, but it was a really long dream.

I think the first part of the school day - my first class or two - went okay, but it felt weird; I wasn't sure why I was there, and I only saw a very few of my old classmates there - everyone else seemed to be my age, but was unfamiliar to me.

In the last segment - the bit I remember best - I was in a social studies class. I'd gotten to class just a few minutes late, and each student in the room was busily working on a multi-media project that they were going to present at some later point (each had their own project - or maybe they were in small groups, 'cause there was an awful lot of hubbub). I wasn't sure what the theme of the project was supposed to be, and I really couldn't understand how they could all be so far along with their various projects when it was only the first day of school (were we supposed to have been working on these over the summer, and I'd forgotten?)!

I also couldn't remember why I wasn't wearing trousers (I had all my other clothes on, including briefs); nobody else seemed to notice, but I felt pretty self-conscious about that, on top of feeling self-conscious about everything else.

Just a few feet away I saw one old friend - the same now-not-so-young woman, in fact, who had become a homicidal maniac in that dream I wrote about in May 2021 - talking to somebody else (actually, thinking about it now, she looked like a cross between that girl and another I knew in high school, but was maybe slightly taller than either of them); I noted that she had shaved her head, or possibly had lost her hair through chemotherapy (it was hard to be sure).

Then I realized that I didn't know my class schedule. How had I known where I was to go earlier in the day? Did I even go to the right classes? Was I even supposed to be in this class? I strongly considered just blowing off the rest of the school day (something I don't think I ever did when I was actually in high school), but then I thought my next class might be a math class and it would probably be a mistake to miss the first day of that.

Then I suddenly had a rough idea for what my project could be and was about to find the teacher and run it by her, but instead woke up, feeling rather exhausted.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 27 Aug 2022, 16:57

Yet another musical dream: I was watching a performance by AC/DC but they were playing quietly by rock band standards because they didn't want to damage their ears. The singer had practically lost his voice. He sang the first couple verses of "You Shook Me" and just had to give up. :(

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 03 Sep 2022, 01:29

I was watching but also taking part in episodes of Doctor Who with David Tennant and Matt Smith. The Matt Smith episode featured him wearing a space helmet that when removed revealed he had a heavy gray beard. There were kids sitting around with stacks of video cassettes telling me that video cassettes were now all the rage with young people.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Sep 2022, 09:29

pcqgod wrote:I was watching but also taking part in episodes of Doctor Who with David Tennant and Matt Smith. The Matt Smith episode featured him wearing a space helmet that when removed revealed he had a heavy gray beard. There were kids sitting around with stacks of video cassettes telling me that video cassettes were now all the rage with young people.

I’m relieved I am not the only one with constant, nutty dreams!

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 15 Sep 2022, 05:27

I was on vacation at some exotic location that had a beach. I think in my dream it was originally Mexico but later became Hawaii. The beach was fenced off and I stood just outside the gate, mesmerized by a weird optical illusion that caused the images of large marine life (fish and dolphins) to float across the sky from cloud to cloud, similar to how some ships seem to float in the sky due to atmospheric conditions. Later I went to an auditorium to see a concert by The Descendents. They were letting people in to the lobby in small groups. When I got in I realized to my chagrin that I had left my paper ticket at home. A loudspeaker announced that tickets could still be purchased. I had an awkward handheld device that I was trying to use to check my bank account and to message my girlfriend that I was at the concert, even though earlier in my dream I had left her in another room in the same building. The buttons were too small and I couldn't do anything with the device. While I was waiting in the lobby area I could see the singer and hear the band playing through an open door so I decided just to watch it from there. A security guard was standing at the door making me nervous but he moved off so I got closer to the door to get a better vantage point for the concert. Some tall drunk guy tottered over looking like he was about to puke on me. I gave him a "don't do it!" look and he found a cigarette butt receptacle, puked on it, and walked off.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Sep 2022, 18:40

Last night I had a dream that I was sharing a very posh hotel room with Gabby Logan (Nee Yorath.) We had been up all night partying and went to bed about 6am. Check out was 10am and the staff were trying to get us to leave, so we were using delaying tactics. I suggested pretending we were going to pay for late check out. Gabby said she had a better idea and took a huge shit in the sink, saying that it would take ages to get all the solids out. I know Gabby in "real life" and I can tell you that this is not a standard Gabby tactic. In the dream, I told her that this was very uncharacteristic and she said yeah, well I'm gonna be doing a lot more crapping in sinks from now on.

Bizarre!

Dr Markus wrote:

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 15 Sep 2022, 23:01

Jimmy Page leaves his double-necked guitar with me for safekeeping. It is the guitar on which he wrote 'Stairway To Heaven'. All my friends want to have a go trying to play Stairway To Heaven and they are all rubbish. I play it, and I think I am doing OK with just a few notes wrong, but the general feeling is we are all doing poorly. Then Johnny Slider takes it and plays it perfectly, but I notice he is really bunching up the strings and bashing the frets and I am worried he is going to damage this priceless guitar. I wonder what on earth I am going to say to Jimmy Page, since we really should not be playing the guitar at all, that was made very clear from the start.
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 16 Sep 2022, 04:59

Minnie Cheddars wrote: she said yeah, well I'm gonna be doing a lot more crapping in sinks from now on.

:lol:

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 02 Oct 2022, 12:54

Last night I dreamed I went to this enormous bookshop I regularly dream about. It is similar in concept to Borders, but it only sells second hand media. Also, it is in a crumbling Victorian building and is more like a library, it usually has four floors with massive staircases.

I am there to buy holiday reading in paperback, but the first two floors are all scientific books, no fiction. My ex-girlfriend is with me, she wants to get a DVD of a famous film, she goes to find it. I go upstairs to the fiction section and the guy who wrote the novel her film is based on is doing a signing. I am amazed at how young he is - in his late twenties or early thirties. I am jealous of his young success, and also think there is no way the DVD will still be available here now. Then I see there is hardly any one sitting listening to his reading, just four people. Now I feel sorry for him and wonder if I should sit down and ask a question when the time comes.

But I go and look for books to read instead since that is what I came there to do. I find my ex sitting with her friends telling them how great it was a year ago when she moved to London and we met and I showed her the city. She is describing a play we went to in which the set had four rooms visible, and the play took place in each of the rooms all at the same time. I wondered how everything could have gone wrong between us in only a year, then I woke up and realised the events she was describing happened a decade ago and I have not seen her in five years.
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 11 Oct 2022, 13:36

I am at a Jolly Up. It is outdoors in a town square on picnic tables. We decide that the right thing to do is to take our charity donations to the old JU pub. There is a big crowd walking down the street to the pub, but we thin out later because we walk at different speeds. I do not recognise any of the others, apart from Pete Diamond Dog and Pete The Pick. BY the time we get to the pub (which is no pub we have held a jolly up nor Footy Up in, nor one I have ever been in), the others who went on ahead have made the donation and the publican is very happy. He explains that the money will be used to construct a pipe which will take water to refugee children. I ask where this will be and he replies 'in London - just up the road'. The donations are recorded on a large cardboard beermat, and they seem very high. Between £14,000 and £54,000, and we have just donated £17,000. A large hip flask of whiskey goes round as a thank you from the publican, and everyone takes a swig. I decline, as I have a cold and do not want to spread germs. The publican opens a barrel of plastic shot glasses he says are from the NHS and were given to all publicans during the pandemic, and we drink our whisky from these. My drink looks like whisky but it is fizzy and has bubbles. I ask someone else and he tells me it is in fact Red Bull. I do not want to make a fuss as since I am a recovering alcoholic, drinking whisky is not really on. Walking home my route is by a pipe factory, so I decide to take the enormous pipe and push it to the orphanage. It never strikes me that this is not a very good idea, even when a section of the end of the pipe comes off and rolls away. The main thing is to be helpful, which has been the theme of the evening.

- Charles Taylor

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 18 Oct 2022, 13:26

For the first time in my adult life I had a dream about my mum last night that wasn't tinged with the usual horror.
I went to see her in her flat and we got on really well. She was laughing and friendly, and we were sharing stories. At some point I was trying to find my nurse uniform - a dream I have regularly -and she gave me something she called a "Nordic Nurse" uniform which was white with a big collar, and totally skin tight, cotton and ridiculously impractical. It had a headpiece too, and looked vaguely like something a nun might wear. I put on some Converse to go with it and told her I was going to work. I left the house and she said not to be long, because she didn't like being lonely. Outside, I found a bag containing a radio that came from Estonia. I brought it back inside and she said it had belonged to her mother, and I said it would keep her company while I was working. I noticed that there were some "holistic healers" in her spare room and I went in and gave them a gobful for plying their nonsense trade in mum's flat. They were using curling tongs to "cure" people of all manner of illness and I threatened them all with a ladle. Then mum got high, and I woke up.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Oct 2022, 13:49

I had a dream last night that I got a text from Smamfy, who told me to look at the news because one of Bananarama had died and there were tributes all over the UK. Planes were doing smoke trails spelling their name, there was a minutes silence, and they published her death certificate which showed she had a brain tumour and died very quickly - she had not wanted it to be public knowledge. I was crying my eyes out and I was trying to explain to Americans what Bananarama were- I said "think of a female Beach Boys."

Absolutely potty.

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 01 Nov 2022, 17:53

In the first part of the dream I was on a stopped passenger train. I looked back and saw another train coming up fast behind us and began to shout in alarm but the train was on a parallel track and just went past us. Then another train came, but this time I saw that the train was starting to derail but then just stopped, frozen as it was tipping over. I wondered if I was frozen in some bubble of time before the train derailed and I had been killed. I kept looking and finally the train tipped over, causing severe damage to several vehicles on a nearby road, but not running into the train I was on. I crowed "I saw the whole thing!" and noted with surprise that emergency/maintenance trucks had already showed up before I had even noticed.

In the second part of the dream I was at what appeared to be an outdoor festival. I ran into Joan Jett who had been a former bandmate of mine. She looked very young and was rambling incoherently about "the patriarchy." I was thinking that I needed to tell another old bandmate about how out of it our old friend Joan Jett was nowadays. I came to a merch stand where I found a various artists cd box set that I had previously owned or had access to that had one song that I really wanted to have in my collection. I held it in my hand and walked away from the stand until I was quite far away. I suddenly realized that they might think I was trying to steal it, even though I fully intended to pay for it. I walked back and took it to the counter, where they gave me a couple of dollars, apparently mistakenly giving me change for payment that I never gave them. I thought "cool" and just took the box set and the free money.

Return to “Nextdoorland”