Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Minnie the Minx » 05 Jan 2021, 01:32

LMG wrote:Back in the 1980s I worked with a large management consultancy firm, and part of the training involved a basic foundation in psychology. I was very lucky in that when I was going through the in-house programme, it had been effectively taken over by Jungian psychologists, so we got a lot of teaching I found fascinating but which was not long after determined to be not entirely relevant to downsizing, outsourcing, and rationalisation! :lol:

Anyway, at the time I followed up the interests in Jungian psychology by means of one of the local community/Further Education colleges, The City Literary Institute.

[And in a fine example of the process of creative career destruction, I later left the consultancy to teach at the same institution, which was the message nearly all my studies was driving home to me:

https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2016 ... eas/nexus/

But that's a whole other non-dream related story...]

While I was studying at the City Lit, one Jungian course I took was in dream interpretation, it was for 12 weeks at the end of 1989. I sat one evening a weekly in a circle of about a dozen or so students and talked about our dreams. In order to have material to discuss, and there being no internet to blog on, we were encouraged to keep a dream diary.

So I bought one. But it remained blank and empty throughout the course. I got to hear other people's dreams and got really good at interpreting them in terms of Jungian archetypes and so forth, but my own A4 ruled notebook remained unblemished. I tried all the tricks suggested by the course tutor, but by the end I had not contributed a single dream.

I was sad about this. Why wasn't I dreaming? The tutor made me promise to continue the project of trying to record my dreams, which I did. SIx months later I had my first recalled dream! It was a doozy!

So the first year, 1990, I wrote down 9 dreams. The next year I recorded 33 dreams, and in 1992 it took off - I was recording an average of one or two dreams every three nights, so over 250 dreams in two years.

I kept at it in the following decades, although those were the two biggest years for dream harvesting. In 2006 I recorded no dreams, and for the following few years I seldom recorded more than ten each year. Lately it has increased again, and in 2020 I wrote down nearly 70 dreams.

Doesn't that indicate that the more you record them, and then remember them, the more that you have and remember?
I thought that if I wrote them down, I would forget about them. But they increased.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Jan 2021, 16:55

Last dream before getting up: I was in my car, and decided to put on a CD of Neil Young's After The Gold Rush - I hadn't heard it in a long time. First song "Tell Me Why" came on, a song I thought I knew very well - it was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar - but this was very different from what I was expecting (i.e., how the song is "in real life"). It was a fairly lush full band arrangement, including some lovely pedal steel embellishments and CSN on backing vocals; the tempo was much slower and the rhythmic feel was entirely different. The mix had plenty of reverb. There was even an occasional difference in the lyric - the line I knew as Racing alone in his fright (and I was certain it said that in the sheet music) was inexplicably Racing along on his trail, which didn't even rhyme. I was flummoxed: how could a track I was sure I knew well, from an album I was sure I knew well, be so different in my memory from what I was hearing now on the CD? My last thought before waking was Maybe I should record MY version...

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 05 Jan 2021, 18:56

...Maybe you should.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 05 Jan 2021, 18:58

I'll check on CSN's availability!

Flower

Postby Flower » 09 Jan 2021, 13:24

I had a dream that my father bought us a superman blue van and that we took it to Paris (France, not Ontario) as it was a special van. We were able to trap and help feral cats living along the Seine. It went really well and my father bought us a second van to use in Israel. :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 10 Jan 2021, 13:33

I had a dream that I went to my old boyfriend’s parents place and insisted they drink glasses of piss, claiming it had great health benefits.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower

Postby Flower » 24 Jan 2021, 14:11

I had a dream early this morning that my best friend, who in real life has two brothers, told me that her sister, Monica was taking a Krav Maga course. Even in my dream, I knew that she didn't have any sisters but she insisted that she had a sister, Monica and a sister named Gale. That both were joining the IDF and that we should join too. :lol:
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 26 Jan 2021, 07:47

In real life, thanks to the pandemic, my hair is longer than it's ever been - about halfway between my shoulders and the middle of my back, in back. Had a dream last night that I looked in the mirror, and it had grown past my derriere. Jeez, now I'm gonna have to be careful when I sit down, I thought to myself.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 09 Feb 2021, 21:59

I dreamt I went to the Slider's flat and it was full of people, nearly all men, lying around on the carpet. More and more kept arriving, and I asked him if this was a good idea. He said he had to let them in to watch the upcoming match, as they were all Manchester United fans, and I thought 'I will never understand football'. Then eventually he got annoyed and asked me if I agreed they all needed to leave. I said I thought it was too late for that, they were all over the place, rolling about drinking. But he just swept them all into a cupboard until we were the only ones there, and I thought 'how did he DO that?'
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Feb 2021, 22:05

Sounds more like a memory than a dream, in fairness!!

Dr Markus wrote:

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 10 Feb 2021, 00:24

I was driving to NE Pennsylvania, but my travel companion kept changing - at some points it was my brother Jon, at others a long-time co-worker named Jeff, and at one point it was Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes.

Towards the end we were at a rest stop and Sgt. Schultz said that The Fifth Dimension were going to be performing in London when he was going to be there, and he wondered if it would be possible to get tickets because he'd always wanted to see them. I said I was sure that he could, and I further suggested that he talk to my friend Carmel (who I guess he knew too) about it because she had seen The Fifth Dimension sometime in the last few years. (I don't know if that's true in real life or not, but it's possible; I know they were her first concert, back in the early '70s, and she still has a fondness for them.) About this time Schultz had changed to Jeff and I asked him when he was going to be in England - then I woke up.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 10 Feb 2021, 07:21

LMG wrote:But he just swept them all into a cupboard until we were the only ones there, and I thought 'how did he DO that?'

He made me sleep in the cupboard when I stayed round there.
Bugger off.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 10 Feb 2021, 22:02

Rorschach wrote:
LMG wrote:But he just swept them all into a cupboard until we were the only ones there, and I thought 'how did he DO that?'

He made me sleep in the cupboard when I stayed round there.

Wasn't it rather crowded?
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Feb 2021, 16:53

I had a dream that I invented a word - ‘flanxious’ - being anxious about how your flan turns out. I also had a dream I was flossing my teeth with some boat rope.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Mar 2021, 14:50

I had a dream that I was in Italy trying to touch everyone’s nipples, but everyone had had their nipples removed.
They would lift up their shirts and say ‘look at me-a! No nipples-a!’

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 22 Mar 2021, 20:51

Minnie the Minx wrote:I had a dream that I was in Italy trying to touch everyone’s nipples, but everyone had had their nipples removed.

Not even in Naples?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Mar 2021, 00:00

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:I had a dream that I was in Italy trying to touch everyone’s nipples, but everyone had had their nipples removed.

Not even in Naples?

:lol:

Dr Markus wrote:

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 25 Mar 2021, 22:42

Hello. I have just awoken from the most intense dream ever, the worst of my life. I cannot even begin to describe it, but I kept a cool head throughout the dream cycle, and just ended up knocking over a small stool, on which I had my remotes. Everything is okay, but it is time to take stock of my life and be very careful with just about everything from now on. It is 11.40 PM, and I have no one to call, so it is nice to have BCB to post on at such a moment. Thank you for being here for me.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 25 Mar 2021, 23:00

Sounds awful. hate bad dreams. Weird, ok. But bad? Hate.

Luckily for me, I hardly ever have them. Good luck.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 25 Mar 2021, 23:07

I'm married, or maybe engaged, to a woman who was a friend in (real life) high school. She has recently become increasingly psychotic, maybe even demon-possessed, and as we stand facing each other, she - wearing a blood-streaked top, a mad grin, and an even more disturbing gleam in her eyes - informs me that she will kill me tonight unless I kill her first. Her hands reach for my throat and I protest: "You said tonight - it's only early afternoon! You have to wait 'til after the sun goes down!" She accepts this and turns and walks away, leaving me to wonder how I'm going to dispatch the woman I love before she dispatches me.

(Need I add: in real life, this girl was as sweet and smart and funny as could be, and we always had a very good rapport. I admit this dream had me a little shook up for a while afterward - not least because of my failure, in the dream, to consider getting help for her.)

Return to “Nextdoorland”