Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: Weird dreams

Postby Jimbo » 25 Apr 2020, 03:15

One of those dreams where you think you are awake in bed and unable to sleep.

So I'm lying in a hotel or motel bed with the head of my bed butted up next to where is set the double adjoining room doors. For no reason I idly drum my fingernails on my side of the doors. Like the sound of my my nail drumming may have spooked someone, I suddenly hear the sounds of activity from the room on the other side. It sounds like someone is hurriedly cleaning up, picking up and loudly crumpling strewn leaves of newsprint. So I lie there listening to this and wondering what is going on in there when the sound stops. Then I hear the click of the other door opening. My door is locked, of course, but still. And then I hear the sound of keys on a ring being extracted. Then I hear a key insertion. Then the click of my door being opened. And then, thank god, I woke up.
Question authority.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2020, 17:08

I had a dream I was working in a hospital and I went into a patient's room. K-Tel was doing tracheal suction on an infant. I said, where did you learn to do that? He said oh - it's easy. I said, it isn't easy at all! He said yaaaa, course it is.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 03 May 2020, 17:37

Piece of cake!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 03 May 2020, 18:44

There's nothing Harv can't do. Don't be surprised. Heck, he could probably find a new avatar without guns if he wanted (although he references a classic with his present one). :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 04 May 2020, 05:59

I had an especially vivid and interesting one recently. I was in the movie 'Lawrence of Arabia', not as an actor but an actual character in the movie. Except it was not like the movie in real life -- for one thing, there was at least one major female character with which the Lawrence character has a romantic relationship with. Actually, the only part of the dream that was like the actual movie was a part where the characters (including myself) were traveling across a treacherous wasteland, only at night because it would be too hot in the daytime. Also, unlike the movie, we had to stay on a well-defined path which was alternately a nice covered path, or an empty gully at different points. At one point we had to climb up through a tunnel to a building that was kind of an oasis on the path. I remember feeling a sense of wonder to be inside again. It was a warehouse-like structure, with fold up tables and groups of people gathering to do business and take a respite from the voyage through the long path across the desert.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 May 2020, 15:20

Last night I had a dream that I was having a conversation with actor Robert Powell, via a lightbulb. It was very erotically charged (the conversation, not the lightbulb.) This is a man I haven't even thought about in about thirty years. The reason we were talking via a light bulb and not on the phone is because I was doing a "nursing home commode" test where I was pissing into dozens of bedside toilets in a nursing home, to see which best caught and stored midnight pisses.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 05 Jun 2020, 20:31

Not last night, but a few nights ago (as if that matters :roll: ), I dreamed that it was time to go back to the office - I've been teleworking for 3 months now. So, In my dream, I'm making my way in to the office, it's about an hour by foot and I usually walk it all Summer. Anyway, I'm about 3/4 of the way in and I realize I left my laptop at home. Dope. :oops:
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jul 2020, 15:25

I had a dream that Labour won the election and all my family held all the posts in the cabinet.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Jul 2020, 15:01

Last night I had a dream Sambient organised a JU where she insisted on wrapping everyone up in plastic.

Dr Markus wrote:

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Aug 2020, 01:54

I was at a party talking to a friend of mine (who is dead in real life) and he was talking about how hot he thought Lady Gaga's xylophone player was. I said I wasn't a fan of Lady Gaga so I didn't really care. He was really close when he spoke and I could feel micro-droplets of spittle landing on my face and I freaked out realizing the danger.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 13 Aug 2020, 13:41

Last night I had a dream Quaco was having sex with a praying mantis that he brought to my party.

Dr Markus wrote:

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Aug 2020, 12:32

I had a long weird dream last night. I was staying a resort of some sort with family and friends. They sent me to a cafe to pick up some food where I ran into an old boss and his wife who didn't recognize me. We chatted for a while and then I ordered something to bring back to my group. The guy behind the counter told me that what I ordered was a week old, so I ordered something else and he told me that it was two weeks old and in the freezer. I just wanted to get out of there and told him okay. There was a blank period or another dream started where I was in a hotel room waiting for a call to tell me that my food was ready. There was a week old message on the hotel's landline phone that I was afraid to listen to ... I finally left the room and the dream ended.

*My ex boss and his wife live around 1,300 miles from me and I haven;t seen them for years since our friend Richie's first wedding. :?
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 12 Sep 2020, 03:34

"don't wanna tell you darlin' but I'm seein' her tonight ..."

It's a sad country and western song I wrote and sang lead live with a band, pedal steel too, with three part harmonies - - - in a wonderful dream!
Question authority.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 02 Oct 2020, 12:59

disclaimer: i am insane. whatcha gonna do? (she shrugs.)

i have a very rich, vivid dream life. i have always been this way. my ma called it my "celtic imagination." i still remember, quite vividly, the first nightmare i had when i was 4. (godzilla was after my wee butt. but godzilla had kath-radar. no matter what lil hole i hid in, he/she could find me.)

my dreams are everywhere on the scale, from great, fantastic, happy to utterly horrific and everywhere in between. many of my dreams are just plain too goofy to describe, mwhaha.

there are noticeable patterns. one? obstacles. whether i am with a band of rebels fighting an alien invasion... or i'm trying to get to a class to give out a final... or i'm in search of the perfect cheesecake on top of brad pitt's head... obstacles pop up everywhere. buildings turn into mazes. streets shift as i'm walking down em. people enter the stage from any direction, diverting me off my path, etc. i often fail in my mission cuz of all the crap in my way, or i know i'm gonna fail but i keep trying anyway,

a kind of sub-theme of that are the dreams i have when i am trying to save some vulnerable creature and failing at it. (i reckon we don't need a shrink to interpret *that* one.) for whatever strange reason, this attempt is symbolized in my dreams by tiny blue kittens. tiny blue kittens the size of lil mice are everywhere, all over the yard or the street. and i'm trying to scoop em all up and save them before a car comes around the corner or some such. these dreams don't get graphic or anything. i just know what's coming in the dream, and i aint gonna make it in time.

i have had these dreams enough over time to not be bothered when i wake up. kinda like a song you've heard on the radio a thousand times. it's more of a shake-my-head thing at how my own screwy brain works.

welllll, last night, the tiny blue kittens had been replaced by... hummingbirds.

hmmm, i wonder which thread around here planted hummingbirds in my subconscious? mwhahahaaa.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 07 Oct 2020, 15:57

Last night I dreamt that I was shopping for a new drumkit in a dimly lit store where all the kits were set up on their own platforms. Every kit was configured really oddly, though, and none of them were as "loud" as I wanted them to be. I finally asked the gaggle of salesmen where I could find a normal, but LOUD, drumkit and they pointed me in the direction of a nice, woodgrain finish Gretsch kit that was set up properly and I just said "Ewww, I HATE Gretsch drums!", which isn't true at all.

Flower

Postby Flower » 08 Oct 2020, 12:22

I had a dream that thousands of dollars of twenty, fifty and one hundred dollar bills were in the street next to a curb. Some bills were in glassine sheets/bags and other were floating about the street. I scooped up many but didn't tell anyone because I was scared that the mafia would come after me. Others were bragging about how much money they found. The irony is that I scooped up more than anyone else. :lol:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Oct 2020, 13:07

I had a dream that me and Jumper K went on a pub crawl of Canada’s ‘real ale’ bars.

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 09 Oct 2020, 13:42

Last night had a dream that me and Baron were at a gallery opening similar to Charles Ryder’s art shows in Brideshead Revisited. Rayge was there and he was pissing beetroot juice into small thimbles.

Wtf!

Dr Markus wrote:

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 09 Oct 2020, 15:18

Last night in my dream a co-worker was trying to explain that people tend to sleep around more when they are "young, dumb, and hard of hearing". :?

Flower

Postby Flower » 11 Oct 2020, 14:17

I was in Istanbul Kadıköy at Yogurtcu Park feeding and playing with all the beautiful cats and kittens.

*I guess that I watch too many adorable paws videos on YouTube.

Return to “Nextdoorland”