MORE random stuff about your day

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Six String

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby Six String » 08 Feb 2022, 23:31

I opened my wallet this morning to pay for my coffee and noticed my bank card was missing. I say this out loud and the guy at the register say “how’s your day going so far?” I thought to myself didn’t you just hear what I said? Knowing he was on auto pilot I said nothing.
Later I bought two tacos from my favorite taqueria near me to take to my jam space aka the Lava Lounge and when I tried to remove them from the container the tortillas fell apart. Fortunately I had utensils in my room so they were easy to eat. I could have wondered if the universe was after me today but my card had not been used and I have a replacement so take that universe!
We had a good two hour practice today. We have a performance coming up in about a month, our first outside the Lava Lounge.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 11 Feb 2022, 05:47

Tonight my friend the cider and sake maker poured me a glass of saké blind (didn’t identify it) and I told him it was one of his and named the yeast he used to make it. Now he only has two unique batches at the moment but he’s usually drinking Japanese saké so I didn’t know what he was sharing. My lessons/attention is paying off.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 14 Feb 2022, 17:56

I went through my things over the weekend and result:

I got rid of 12 kilos (!) of DVD-R's and CD-R's with video material and MP3 collections shared in the early days of BCB.

Next to go are several years of Uncut magazine (not ready to part with the complete run of Mojos yet)
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 18 Feb 2022, 15:10

So, it's a snowy Friday morning here and I was hungry for something different for breakfast. So I came up with something different indeed.

A good piece of chocolate cake (no icing, just cake), topped with a sliced ripe banana and walloped with strawberry yogourt.

The overall texture was a little strange but at least the flavours married quite well.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Feb 2022, 15:40

I’m having rotator cuff issues and went to see the doctor this morning. He decided he wanted an x-Ray so I was sent down the hall to the radiology room where they had Guns n Roses playing at an impressive volume at about 8:30am. It was pretty loud! Definitely the most rock n roll x-Ray I’ve ever had.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 19 Feb 2022, 08:19

Jethro Tull are playing in my little provincial town next month.
I got all excited and was about to fork out big money for tickets, but had second thoughts...

The venue is famously ill-conceived for amplified music.
Present-day live footage on Youtube is horrible...

Think I'll pass
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 19 Feb 2022, 11:03

Neige wrote:(not ready to part with the complete run of Mojos yet)

I started putting mine in the recycling bin last weekend. I don’t think I’ll miss them :?
Give a shit or be a shit.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 19 Feb 2022, 21:38

Tom Waits For No One wrote:
Neige wrote:(not ready to part with the complete run of Mojos yet)

I started putting mine in the recycling bin last weekend. I don’t think I’ll miss them :?

Mines went a few years ago, still have a subscription but when read they go in the bin.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Six String

Postby Six String » 20 Feb 2022, 17:46

Today will be the first practice with a bass player for what has been a guitar/drum duo with the singer/songwriter I’ve been playing with since November. Excited about this and we have a gig at Two Rivers Cider next month.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Feb 2022, 15:45

Our local supermarket has a gelato stall and one of the flavours is called ‘I’m a Little Lad.’
I don’t know what that flavour is, but the gelato itself looks a little white and slimy so I might give it a miss.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Feb 2022, 16:36

This morning I was looking out my kitchen window while prepping for my tea and noticed three finches poking their heads out of the tall, thin cypress trees like they were just waking up. The odd bit was two were red and one was golden. I’ve never seen them fly together and keep that kind if company. Had me singing Dark End Of The Street. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 Feb 2022, 17:10

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Our local supermarket has a gelato stall and one of the flavours is called ‘I’m a Little Lad.’
I don’t know what that flavour is, but the gelato itself looks a little white and slimy so I might give it a miss.

Gelato with innital caps "ILL"?? No thanks.

And then there's this video that does nothing to stir my appetite.

Again, no thanks.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 21 Feb 2022, 17:35

Oh my god! That’s the origin eh?

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Six String

Postby Six String » 21 Feb 2022, 18:29

I think I’d eat the ice cream before watching that video again.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 21 Feb 2022, 23:35

Minnie Cheddars wrote:Oh my god! That’s the origin eh?

I had no clue until I Googled ‘I’m a Little Lad.’ et voilà, landed directly on this. I don't know if it's the origin, but it made we laugh anyway. :lol:

I only did go through the first minute or so, honestly. I just couldn't...........just couldn't.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 24 Feb 2022, 19:36

I sent in a job application!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 02 Mar 2022, 20:54

Positive Passion wrote:I sent in a job application!

For what??

Dr Markus wrote:

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 03 Mar 2022, 06:57

Minnie Cheddars wrote:
Positive Passion wrote:I sent in a job application!

For what??

A teaching job. I have been "resting" since last july after falling out with my last school's senior leadership, but am nearly ready to dip my toes.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Mar 2022, 13:38

My stepmum and brother have just boarded a plane in London and in a few hours we'll be shrieking hysterical hellos to each other at the airport. They're here for 2 weeks. I'm completely beside myself! It's my brother's first time in Austin and it's the first time either of them will be visiting our new place. SXSW kicked off today and next weekend we will be doing a load of free stuff in town with friends. We're hosting a house concert next week in our back garden- one of the reasons we got this house was because I was desperate to have somewhere where we could party outside and finally, after two fucking years it's happening. I'm so bloody happy!

Dr Markus wrote:

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 12 Mar 2022, 20:31

Minnie Cheddars wrote:My stepmum and brother have just boarded a plane in London and in a few hours we'll be shrieking hysterical hellos to each other at the airport. They're here for 2 weeks. I'm completely beside myself! It's my brother's first time in Austin and it's the first time either of them will be visiting our new place. SXSW kicked off today and next weekend we will be doing a load of free stuff in town with friends. We're hosting a house concert next week in our back garden- one of the reasons we got this house was because I was desperate to have somewhere where we could party outside and finally, after two fucking years it's happening. I'm so bloody happy!

Living the dream!

Return to “Nextdoorland”