Postby Six String » 16 Jul 2021, 16:58

The chicken queen of Texas!
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: MORE random stuff about your day

Postby souphound » 16 Jul 2021, 19:02

Minnie, if you have a chance, can you just ask them if they know whether they were there before the eggs or not? People want to know.

I do think playing them music sounds like a good idea. Some classical stuff came to mind immediately, but country music may be best after all. :D

I leave you with new pop phenoms, Boyz to Hen.

Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 16 Jul 2021, 21:31

I suggest CockToe Twins.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 16 Jul 2021, 22:01

Charlie O. wrote:I suggest CockToe Twins.

oh. oh oh oh.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 16 Jul 2021, 22:40

... or maybe some HENdrix ?

Six String

Postby Six String » 17 Jul 2021, 06:53

Good jam session tonight. My best solo was on Stand By Me which I have rarely played but I was feeling it and best vocal was on Bo Diddley’s Mona. All in all a success in getting my jam muscles back in shape.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jul 2021, 14:19

kath wrote:
Charlie O. wrote:I suggest CockToe Twins.

oh. oh oh oh.

Indeed! :lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jul 2021, 14:26

souphound wrote:Minnie, if you have a chance, can you just ask them if they know whether they were there before the eggs or not? People want to know.

I do think playing them music sounds like a good idea. Some classical stuff came to mind immediately, but country music may be best after all. :D

I leave you with new pop phenoms, Boyz to Hen.

I did try talking to them, but they weren't up for any heavy talk. One of them has a disfigured beak - a genetic thing I think - and the bottom of it sticks out at a right angle. She has to eat in a strange way - sideways as if she has been to the dentist and is trying to drink from a cup- and I love her. She lets me carry her around and she follows me around everywhere. I think I'm in love! :D

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 Jul 2021, 14:31

Minnie the Minx wrote:I did try talking to them, but they weren't up for any heavy talk. One of them has a disfigured beak - a genetic thing I think - and the bottom of it sticks out at a right angle. She has to eat in a strange way - sideways as if she has been to the dentist and is trying to drink from a cup- and I love her. She lets me carry her around and she follows me around everywhere. I think I'm in love! :D

:D :D There will be no end to entertainment from this episode. :D :D
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 17 Jul 2021, 14:32

Scritti Polloti anyone?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 17 Jul 2021, 14:34

The Fish wrote:An interesting and emotional weekend.

I had a hospital appointmet Saturday which took me back to Shoreham-By+Sea, the town of my birth. Appointment was routine eye check up following iniital referral from optician. Last time everything was fine apart from field of vision test (the one where you click when you see the flashing light) whch was fine apart from the ones at the top which I missed due to droopy eyelids so they wanted to repeat with eyelids taped up and this time round all was fine.

That's not the story though.

I have one cousin on my Dad's side who.is 7 or 8 years older than me. I assumed he was living in the same house in Shoreham which my grandparents lived in all their married life, and then my uncle (Dads brother) and aunt. We'd lost touch and I'd only seen him once in last 40 years pr so at my uncle#s funeral some 10-15 years ago. So as I was "in town" decided it was time to catch up, albeit with some trepidation, given that I didn't even know if he was alive still ,so half expected a stranger to open the door.

So, once we got talking, it seems that there must be somethng in genetics, we are so alike (both an only child for one thing). INitially scanned the bookshelves and found loads of things I own, Gore Vidal essays, just about everything by James Ellroy etc then on to music and it seems he's a massive fan of Steely Dan and Boz Scaggs, and I mean really big Boz fan. I thought it was just me Yves and Frank.

Anyway the emotinal bit, was when I noticed some pictures on the wall including one of his parents on their wedding day which I had seen before, so asked if he had any more old famiy photos. Seems he'd scanned loads and uploaded to cloud storage, so handed me the laptop to flip through and two photos in particular just knocked me for six.

First off a picture of my cousin riding a tricycle. THe thing is when he outgrew it it came to me. My dad probably couldn't afford a new bike so he was going to givre me the next best thing and spent hours and hours clearing all muck and grease, polishing chrome, rubbing down and repainting a new colour (fire engine red) which was all no doubt going to be worth it when he saw my little face light up on my birthday. And what did I say - Yes it's Roy's old bike. I saw it hanging up in the shed. All these years later that unintentional hurt still virtually brings me to tears.

Swcond photo, was I think from uncle and aunt's wedding day again and there's my dad, in a photo I've never seen and definitely the youngest picture of him (probably 19, 20 at most) He's in service uniform. I knew he was an aircraft mecahnic in Fleet AIr Arm, so never really envisaged what uniform he wore. That is a branch of the Navy of course and there he is in full sailor suit.

If all TLDR then no sweat, but things I felt the need to share. I guess Minnie more than others will understand folllowing her recent posts of family reconnections.

Yes, absolutely I get the sentiment of all of this and as we get older, it all gets so much more poignant but also you are in a better place to process it all. What a great story! Are you going to see him again?

Dr Markus wrote:

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 17 Jul 2021, 14:35

Yes I can't imagine I wouldn't
We're way past rhubarb

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jul 2021, 18:30

Looks like one of my colleagues thinks another colleague SCRATCHED HER CAR while parking. It’s all gonna kick off BOIIII

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 19 Jul 2021, 19:21

Icy ‘hellos’ have been exchanged.

Dr Markus wrote:

C
Robust

Postby C » 20 Jul 2021, 13:13

A little drive around the Kent countryside this morning near Ham and Sandwich

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

robertff

Postby robertff » 21 Jul 2021, 15:31

C wrote:A little drive around the Kent countryside this morning near Ham and Sandwich

You weren't too far from me C. we could have met. Next time you're out this way let me know.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 23 Jul 2021, 15:01

I have found myself. On Google Maps - Streetview - inside my regular pub, playing Keno (a video poker machine/game). This was taken about 3.5 years ago I think.

For real.

I love going around in Streetview usually visiting places where I've never been and never will be. For once, I took a look at my vicinity and easily found my pub. When I tried to go in to the establishment, to my surprise, it let me. And I am in there! Really.

Do you ever go around Streetview like that, just for the fun of it? Have you ever come across either yourself or someone you know?

The Streetview cameras almost never go inside establishments as far as I can tell. That time, the surveyor probably wanted to stop in and have a brewskie? Who knows.

(If you're curious, I can try and direct you)

Six String

Postby Six String » 23 Jul 2021, 17:50

I enjoy looking at google map around the world though not specifically streetview. I mean, I have done that of course but I mostly look at the photos provided of the towns, parks, buildings, etc. that the public provides. And no, I’ve never seen myself on streetview.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 23 Jul 2021, 19:34

It's fun though (at least it is for me) to take a walk/drive around the streets of Bangkok or Johannesburg or New Orleans or so or some point between Ham and Sandwich I suppose. I like to look around where I grew up and appreciate the change that has occurred in the last 55+ years. Funny how small that huge park I used to play in really was/is!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Jul 2021, 11:52

I took a quick look at the U.K. news to see that ‘lockdown protestors’ were calling for nurses and doctors to be hung, which was nice.
I think I need to give the news a miss for a few years.

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Nextdoorland”