T. Willy Rye's Desert Island Discs- 5 February 2012

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: T. Willy Rye's Desert Island Discs- 5 February 2012

Postby kath » 15 Feb 2012, 19:02

excellent, and a blast to read.

i love the def leppard (i dew), the replacements, the pixies, beck and the stones in particular. (by the way, reap is still one of those ever disappearing, seldom-seen metal heads. he has learned to hide that side of himself from public view. he wears the veneer of respectability at all times.. unless he happens to be standing in a supermarket and he sees a can of underwood devilled ham... hello reap-as-dio. or when he is at the doc's office, he hears someone coughing, and it sends him off into a rendition of sweet leaf. or when he's at the courthouse in line to renew his license, and he suddenly feels compelled to sing breakin the law, breakin the law. and frankly, anything can send him into motorheadness. are we playin cards with friends, and he sees the ace of spades? the eight of spades? does the clock say 8:08? is he buying a case of ale? land o' lakes butter? it just doesn't matter. he channels lemmy.)

ah well. there i go, off on another babbly tangent. i blame my pharmaceuticals.

ya know, i've never been much of a jazz fan, but it has been building over time. lil bits and pieces here and there, growing on me. it's gotten to the point where i can see myself as a jazz fan. just as i can see myself as a vegan. even though i haven't done these things yet, i get the feelin it's all coming.

salut.

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 17 Feb 2012, 23:23

Thanks :D ! It's nice to get the Kath seal of approval and Les too! Who needs those football playing cousins?

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 20 Feb 2012, 04:18

That was fucking fantastic!
Post more!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

fange
100% fangetastic

Postby fange » 07 Mar 2012, 11:58

*bump*
Jonny Spencer wrote:
fange wrote:I've got my quad pants on and i'm ready for some Cock.

By CHRIST you're a man after my own sideways sausage, Ange!

yellowjacket

Postby yellowjacket » 07 Mar 2012, 14:39

If your parents are still avid lovers of the polka music may I suggest they attend a 9 day festival of GErman culture called Octoberfest that takes place in the Province of Ontario each year! All that is played is polka music in the fest halls from 12 noon till the wee hours of the morning. One of the artists who is featured is Walter Ostanek a 3 time Grammy winner for his polka albums!
How would you like to be remembered? Oh I don't know. I suppose if we are remembered as a great little rock and roll band it would be fine.........

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 11 Apr 2012, 09:01

Bump - and archive please!

Return to “BCB Desert Island Discs & BCB Interviews”