Desert Island Discs - Leg of lamb - Jan 8 2012

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Re: Desert Island Discs - Leg of lamb - Jan 8 2012

Postby The Write Profile » 16 Jan 2012, 06:46

Magilla wrote:An outstanding read, Dai. I love the details you throw in. I was especially impressed at how you portrayed important personal events and people, but never got merely mawkish.
Bloody fantastic read man, well done.

I agree, it made me jealous of how well you can write about yourself and your tastes. No mean feat!
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 16 Jan 2012, 12:38

Ditto. Great read.

Six String

Postby Six String » 16 Jan 2012, 19:20

I finally got the time today to read your thread and it was of course a fantastic and well written piece. I would have expected no less from you. Your ability to
open your soul for all to see is very brave but I guess that's what poets do, right? As someone else pointed out, your descriptions of people and moments in your life were so well written that I'm finding it hard to even put into words how much I enjoyed reading them. I'm so glad we had the fortune to meet at the Austin JoA. Reading this thread meant so much more to me having had a chance to talk with you in person. Your adventures with the women in your life rang so true with me as I was pretty awkward with "girls" at a young age and sometimes I still don't know if I really understand them. How I managed to get married in my forties is a miracle I'll never understand. :? :D

Kath, I loved your post on page one. Even though it's been decades since I was last in that garden court yard I can remember it like it was yesterday so thanks for rekindling my brain cells to go back to those days of my youth when New Orleans was a little part of my life.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Leg of lamb
Jane Austen enthusiast

Postby Leg of lamb » 17 Jan 2012, 13:14

Thank you all for the kind comments. Yeah, I did think twice about being so candid about people and events, especially about the adolescent traumas - but when I think back over my life with music, that's what sticks out. That's when I was discovering stuff.
Brother Spoon wrote:I would probably enjoy this record more if it came to me in a brown paper bag filled with manure, instead of this richly illustrated disgrace to my eyes.

Corporate whore
Genuine and Authorised Pope

Postby Corporate whore » 22 Jun 2012, 16:02

Bump - Archive please!

Return to “BCB Desert Island Discs & BCB Interviews”