elizabeth erin, the beezle

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: elizabeth erin, the beezle

Postby kath » 22 Sep 2020, 22:34

C wrote:Happy 30th Birthday Beezle!

This feels appropriate - forgive me kath if it is not

x

of course it is. :::::::smack:::::::

the roll on facebook this year:

the day rolls round again. happy birthday to elizabeth erin, my beezle, on this, what would've been her 30th birthday. y'all know how this works. it is a day of celebration. it is my way to celebrate just how blessed i was to have such a wonderful being in my life. in these chaotic times, people? it is allll the more important to find the ones you love, wherever they are, however you do it, and let em know how much you love em. how much they mean to you. go forth and do it now. do it today. carpe the damn diem. and always support yer local artists. ::smack::

bouncebouncebounce. she loved this track.

and more bouncebouncebounce.

always hafta put up the les beezle. (les is around here somewhere.) the beezle painted it for les when she was going thru a rough patch. luv ya, les.

no family member was hurt during the taking of this picture.

this was... what do you call the sketch you do before a painting? that's what this. pencil, colored pencil, pastel.

i see you, maryann. mwhaha. you know this is coming for you. this is done in oil.

alll over elizabethan.

impressionistic beeezle

i love this pic. beware the defenders of the fort. they got attitude.

she LOVED this. (she really was alll over the map musically.) she made me teach her the lyrics. mwhaha

dammit, i had a clearer pic of this. having probs finding pics on this computer. anyway, in high school art class, the assignment was to take a famous pic and riff on it. she chose escher. she had just read the story "the lottery" (see black spot on hand.) she went with death. all pencil. this pic essentially won her a college scholarship. p.s. if yer wondering why i haven't responded to anyone yet, it's becuz i'm scramblin around trying to find pics. i will get there. er... we hope. mwhaha)

most of y'all recall this pic. i put it up every year, i love it so. unposed. chi chi caught the pic in a second, as the beezle was unloading her art from the car to the house at the end of term. an unplanned second of time. perfect.

a collaboration with the guy who posed for that second of a painting she was unloading in the previous photo. it's called entropy

she adored this track. however, whenever she heard it, she would start doing the walk like an egyptian dance. every time. do we know why? we do not. mwhaha.

perhaps i should take a moment to find edible foodstuffs. mwhaha. but i wanted to say this before i forget:
there's a nunnery/retreat three streets over. they have (electronic) bells. usually, they just play the normal clock chimes on the hour. at 2:00am this morn, the bells played amazing grace. i'm sure they had some other reason, of course, but i don't care. it was nice to hear wafting thru my window

okay. so here's elizabeth, in a fuzzy buffalo hat, in a blurry pic taken by my sister. and it just may be the meaning of LIFE.

this is carpeing the wafflefry. live it, people.

sighhh. ever my closing track. the track that represents the slideshow of my life. (bryan knows. bryan also knows i love him rabidly.)
i'm sposed to go to dinner, so i will end it here for the night.
thank you, one and all, for joining me this year and this day. i always appreciate it.
don't forget what i said in my opening post.
and have a stellar night. i will come back and respond later.
love to all.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 23 Sep 2020, 08:23

Happy Beezle day, kath.

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 23 Sep 2020, 10:32

Best wishes, kath.

It is wonderful you can celebrate the life and spirit that has been such a cherished part of yours.

kath

Postby kath » 23 Sep 2020, 14:39

thank you both so very much.

::smacksmacksmack::

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Sep 2020, 15:59

Preach it, Kath!
Will have a Cocteau Twins listen- a- thon in all y’alls honour x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Cantankerous
Robust

Postby Cantankerous » 23 Sep 2020, 17:05

kath wrote:no family member was hurt during the taking of this picture.

I love this photo.

As feisty as her mum!

x
Croan wrote:One thing about the Yanks - they never seriously piddled about in
anything as preposterously pointless as prog.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 23 Sep 2020, 18:27

kath wrote:okay. so here's elizabeth, in a fuzzy buffalo hat, in a blurry pic taken by my sister. and it just may be the meaning of LIFE.

I LOVE this. Don't remember seeing it before.

kath

Postby kath » 23 Sep 2020, 20:54

Minnie the Minx wrote:Preach it, Kath!
Will have a Cocteau Twins listen- a- thon in all y’alls honour x

ya ya. ::::::::smack::::::::

c and charlie... welllll, ye know too.

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 24 Sep 2020, 23:37

:::::::::smack:::::::::
Give a shit or be a shit.

kath

Postby kath » 25 Sep 2020, 18:26

Tom Waits For No One wrote::::::::::smack:::::::::

:::::::::::smack::::::::::::: right back.

Cantankerous
Robust

Postby Cantankerous » 22 Sep 2021, 12:45

HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY BEEZLE!!

NOW PLAYING:

x

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 22 Sep 2021, 20:09

Happy beezle day, kath.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 22 Sep 2021, 20:12

:::::::smacks::::::: all around!

kath

Postby kath » 22 Sep 2021, 22:03

the roll on facebook this year. (mind ye, you've probably seen all of these. i hereby deem that perpetually irrelevant. thank yew.)

the day rolls round again. (amazing, how fast time spins. this is my tenth year of doing these.) happy birthday to elizabeth erin the beezle, on this, what would've been her 31st birthday.

y'all know the drill. today i celebrate all things elizabethan. i am so thankful i have had her in my life. people, feel blessed for those you have. for the ones who've gone, listen inside to how they would be telling you to live. go forth and love on the people you love while you've got em. let em know how much they mean to you. now. today. support yer local artists in happy and scandalous ways. keep yer sights on what really matters (namely, the who not the what.) onward. ::smack::

her "formal" HS grad pic. the necklace was a gift from chi chi.

photographic documentation of a young beezle in the wild.

the beezle and attila, on an alaskan cruise.

she'd go full annie on this one. slapping tables, spinning globes, etc. no cows, though. maybe cats.

you've seen all the art (and most of the photos.) this, of course, never stops me. her take on blondie the dog, in oil. (mornin, maryann.)

"ya think i'm gonna take that medicine, do ya?"

how nice to have a daughter who was *also* a rampant bowie freak. she knew things.

the birthday card she wrote for me. i love it so.

blurry but sweet.

an early sketch. she knew i had a crush on vincent price as a kid. (leave me alone. i wasn't actually normal.)

i see you, les. your beezle. ::smack::

earth beeeelowww us...

one of my fave things by her. it was sposed to be a sketch as a pre-painting. but then she just got into the sketch. pencil, colored pencil, pastel.

i do not remember exactly what he did with that. all i know is it ended in trouble. a brawl on the patio.
this was also the time in her life when she couldn't pronounce the Y sound. they were all Ls to her. "oh look at the lellow flower." or "happy birthdayyy to lou... happy birthdayyy to lou" (of course, no lous present.) then came the way when she came up to me and said, "mommy, i have lucky underwear."

the longest her hair got...

... and the shortest.

one thing i love about her art: she did so many different types of things. part of that, mind, is just being an art student, taking classes all over the map. but everything she did has its own elizabethan flair. (i'm not biased. what.)

she lovvvvved muse. muse got her through physical therapy.

ya know the all-time faves are coming.
this picture is perfect. unposed unprompted. the beez was just unloading her panels from the car at end of term. in a second, chi chi snuck the pic. and it is perfect.

the beezle saved a lizard when she was working in the campus studio. elizardbeth. (my actual framed copy of this picture has bryan's drawing put in the frame, upper right. the beezle likes it there.) when my kids were little, i told em lizards were good luck. but she would've tried to save the lizard anyway.

people, if i've told you once, i've told you ten times. you must show due deference to the waffle fry. you must seize the waffle fry. let it be yer crown. carbe diem.

as y'all know, always my closer. the track that represents the slideshow of my life. she loved it for that very reason.
thank you for joining me yet again, friends. it means a lot to me. we'll be heading out for our traditional dinner soon enough, but know how much i appreciate you.
love to all. i cover you in smackage and smackery. well, of the figurative yet fully vaxxed variety.
::smack::

Cantankerous
Robust

Postby Cantankerous » 22 Sep 2021, 22:13

oooof!

x

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 22 Sep 2021, 22:33

kath wrote:love to all. i cover you in smackage and smackery. well, of the figurative yet fully vaxxed variety.
::smack::

Right back atcha, in full smackishness and equipped with the latest in smackology.

Love to you always but particularly today.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

kath

Postby kath » 24 Sep 2021, 20:48

thank you both so very muchly and smackily.

:::::::::smack::::::::

Tom Waits For No One

Postby Tom Waits For No One » 28 Sep 2021, 20:23

Love to you and yours
Give a shit or be a shit.

kath

Postby kath » 01 Oct 2021, 20:43

Tom Waits For No One wrote:Love to you and yours

thank you. and the very same back.

::::::::smack::::::::::

kath

Postby kath » 22 Sep 2022, 19:34

(editor's note: welcome again to my usual photo album. this is the day when i flaunt the same stuff with happy abandon.)

the FB feed:

i may not be here much, but i'm here for this, ever.

the day rolls around again. happy birthday to elizabeth erin the beezle on this, what would've been her 32nd birthday.

y'all know the drill. today is the day to celebrate all things elizabethan, her wonderful, talented, sweet self and the gratitude i will always feel at being blessed to have had her in my life. i say to ye go forth and love on yer beluvveds while ya can. do it now. today. let them know how much they mean to you. for those who've gone, hear them telling you how to live, hear them like chimes outside yer window. life is indeed short, folk. carpe the damn diem.

oh, and make sure to support yer local artists. love them and slobber upon them in any way you can, preferably publically and on camera. ::smack::

her formal high school graduation photo. the necklace, a gift from chi chi.

her band. yes, they belonged to her. of course they did.

this was meant to be a sketch pre-painting, but then she decided just to get into the sketch. pencil and pastel.

beezle and my ma, sitting in the yard watching fireworks.

her fave bowie, and she loved bowie.

ya knowww... i'm not sure this santa looked quite right. but she didn't mind in the least.

the dog blondie. in oil.

both spawn, at my sister's wedding. gavin borrowed that tie from reap. that tie always made me go into flashbacks.

in a high school art class, the teacher told them to take a famous work and riff on it. elizabeth decided to take escher's self portrait and since she had just read "the lottery" turn it into death, with the black spot. pencil. this got her the college scholarship.

one of my fave pics. watch out for the fortress guard. they got attitude.

she loved this track. she didn't get it from me. she got it from billy elliot.

impressionistic beezle

on campus in the studio, helping to free the critter called elizardbeth.

she painted this for our friend les, who was going thru a really rough patch at the time. the beezle wanted to happify her. the only painting she made as a gift for someone outside our family. les's beezle

my friend sue who came to visit gave me this pic. i don't even remember who took it, mwhaha. oh heyyy, if you squint, you can see chi chi's chagall in the background. (anybody tries to come steal it, i do have a sword by the door. behave.)

a montage of school pics over the years. the funniest: lower right. she *chose* to hold that fishing pole, and no one including her could figure out why.

she loved all eras of pink floyd, even those 70s mammoths. but this track would make her move. i dunno how to describe it. she would... walk like an egyptian. yeah.

i always include my fave pic of elizabeth as an artist. unscripted, unposed, my sis sneaked the pic as the beezle was unloading her art from the car end of term. caught in that moment, it is perfect.

remember: let the waffle fry be yer crown. seize the day.

i close with this track every year. it is the soundtrack to the slideshow that is my life. elizabeth loved it. thank you all for joining me and indulging me again on this day as you have for these years. i'm gonna go eat, drink and be merry in remembrance with the fam. love to all. ::smack::

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”