Nov/Dec 2020 reviews

Exchange mix CDs with each other.
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Nov/Dec 2020 reviews

Postby Minnie the Minx » 04 Jan 2021, 00:39

Am I first? That's a first! Ok, here we go! Been spinning this while out in the car today!

1. This is a very power poppy sounding little number with what sound like an angsty singer, but I can't identify it at all despite it sounding VERY familiar
2. Todd Rundgren! Someone took notice that he was my latest OBSESSION! :D
3. This one's a total puzzle. I also can't decipher ANY of the lyrics which is driving me bonkers!
4. Blues Magoos - We Ain't Got Nothin Yet! I know this because someone put it on a JU disc YONKS ago. Splendid, too!
5. Blondie- 8-) Slow Motion!
6.This is great - totally new to me. Lovely fuzzy guitar. Lovely shouting. Just lovely in general. Can't wait to hear who this is.
7. Sometime in the Morning 8-) Monkees! *heart emoji*
8. Absolutely charming, dreamy poppy rock. Very nice indeed! A season in hell indeed. A year!
9. Some eighties (I'm guessing) American (I'm guessing) punk,and why not!
10. Ronettes! 8-)
11. A cracking live Cocteau's track. This is really interesting, the track actually sounds like a Peel session or a mix done by someone else -it's only when the crowd kicked in at the end that I went "oh!" This is one of my favourite Cocteau tracks, and as I sailed into the Whole Foods car park listening to it, I don't mind telling you I had a LITTLE TEAR in my eye
12. A gorgeous blues number, and of course, like with most blues numbers, I have no idea who it is. It's wonderful.

Thank you so much for this cracking mix, sender! And thank you so much for the bonus disc which will accompany me on a pending road trip along with this disc which is highly enjoyable!

Happy New Year x
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Nick Danger

Re: Nov/Dec 2020 reviews

Postby Nick Danger » 04 Jan 2021, 17:20

Minnie the Minx wrote:Am I first? That's a first! Ok, here we go! Been spinning this while out in the car today!

1. This is a very power poppy sounding little number with what sound like an angsty singer, but I can't identify it at all despite it sounding VERY familiar

Boston group Blake Babies with Star (1990)

2. Todd Rundgren! Someone took notice that he was my latest OBSESSION! :D

Sometimes I Don't Know How It Feels (1973)

3. This one's a total puzzle. I also can't decipher ANY of the lyrics which is driving me bonkers!

A Boston duo called Twen. Their genre is described as drama pop/psych

4. Blues Magoos - We Ain't Got Nothin Yet! I know this because someone put it on a JU disc YONKS ago. Splendid, too!

A classic!

5. Blondie- 8-) Slow Motion!

I only recently discovered this song but it's one of my favorites by them.

6.This is great - totally new to me. Lovely fuzzy guitar. Lovely shouting. Just lovely in general. Can't wait to hear who this is.

The band is called Bully but it's really just solo artist Alicia Bognamno. The song is Where To Start (2020)

7. Sometime in the Morning 8-) Monkees! *heart emoji*

One of my favorites by them.

8. Absolutely charming, dreamy poppy rock. Very nice indeed! A season in hell indeed. A year!

Season In Hell - Dum Dum Girls (2012)

9. Some eighties (I'm guessing) American (I'm guessing) punk,and why not!

Los Angeles punk band Nofx with the clever song title Bath Of Least Resistance. (2002)

10. Ronettes! 8-)

Another classic!

11. A cracking live Cocteau's track. This is really interesting, the track actually sounds like a Peel session or a mix done by someone else -it's only when the crowd kicked in at the end that I went "oh!" This is one of my favourite Cocteau tracks, and as I sailed into the Whole Foods car park listening to it, I don't mind telling you I had a LITTLE TEAR in my eye

From a live boot. It's become one of my favorites by them.

12. A gorgeous blues number, and of course, like with most blues numbers, I have no idea who it is. It's wonderful.

The Sky Is Crying - Elmore James (1959)

Thank you so much for this cracking mix, sender! And thank you so much for the bonus disc which will accompany me on a pending road trip along with this disc which is highly enjoyable!

Happy New Year x

Glad you liked it. As always it was a lot of fun to make.

Tracklist-

1. Star - Blake Babies
2. Sometimes I Don't Know How It Feels - Todd Rundgren
3. Damsel - Twen
4. We Ain't Got Nothin' Yet - The Blues Magoos
5. Slow Motion - Blondie
6. Where To Start - Bully
7. Sometime In The Morning - The Monkees
8. Season In Hell - Dum Dum Girls
9. Bath Of Least Resistance - Nofx
10. Be My Baby - The Ronettes
11. A Kissed Out Red Floatboat - The Cocteau Twins
12. The Sky Is Crying - Elmore James

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 06 Jan 2021, 04:22

Track one is “Dazzle” from my favorite Siouxsie and the Banshees album.
Track two is a nice bit of Anglo/New Wave soul.
Track three is “Thomas the Rhymer” by Steeleye Span.
Track four is a pleasant, ethereal dream-pop sort of thing.
Track five is a mellow-ish power-pop song with a solo that sounds like it could be from a King Crimson song.
Track six is a mid-tempo rock/pop song with a vocalist who sounds like Richard Hell.
Track seven is a driving number that alternately reminds me of Echo and U2.
Track eight is another pleasantly dreamy pop song, something along the lines of Aztec Camera or Trashcan Sinatras.
Track nine is a nice folksy number with a Dylanesque melody and a some great acoustic and steel guitar.
Track ten is a pop-rock thing with prominent violin and accordion. Reminds me of The Stranglers in the mid-80’s.
Track eleven is another droney pop thing bordering on shoegaze.
Track twelve is The Pogues covering Neil Diamond which I got before, but that’s cool.
Track thirteen sounds like a Paul Simon song I’m not familiar with.
Track fourteen is an apparently live version of Warren Zevon’s “Lawyers, guns, and money.”
Track fifteen is a spoken word fantasy about Jimi Hendrix.

Good mix; I enjoyed every track to some extent, especially tracks 2, 8-10. Thank you kindly.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 08 Jan 2021, 21:35

pcqgod wrote:Track one is “Dazzle” from my favorite Siouxsie and the Banshees album.
Track two is a nice bit of Anglo/New Wave soul.
Track three is “Thomas the Rhymer” by Steeleye Span.
Track four is a pleasant, ethereal dream-pop sort of thing.
Track five is a mellow-ish power-pop song with a solo that sounds like it could be from a King Crimson song.
Track six is a mid-tempo rock/pop song with a vocalist who sounds like Richard Hell.
Track seven is a driving number that alternately reminds me of Echo and U2.
Track eight is another pleasantly dreamy pop song, something along the lines of Aztec Camera or Trashcan Sinatras.
Track nine is a nice folksy number with a Dylanesque melody and a some great acoustic and steel guitar.
Track ten is a pop-rock thing with prominent violin and accordion. Reminds me of The Stranglers in the mid-80’s.
Track eleven is another droney pop thing bordering on shoegaze.
Track twelve is The Pogues covering Neil Diamond which I got before, but that’s cool.
Track thirteen sounds like a Paul Simon song I’m not familiar with.
Track fourteen is an apparently live version of Warren Zevon’s “Lawyers, guns, and money.”
Track fifteen is a spoken word fantasy about Jimi Hendrix.

Good mix; I enjoyed every track to some extent, especially tracks 2, 8-10. Thank you kindly.

Glad you enjoyed it, just a pretty random collection of tracks, the Railway Children Reunion Wilderness from the late 80s is a great record if you like that kind of thing.
Cheers!

1 Dazzle - Siouxsie & The Banshees
2 Another Town - Railway Children
3 Thomas the Rhymer - Steeleye Span
4 Celia's Dream - Slowdive
5 Time Wraps Around You - Velvet Crush
6 Kingdom Come - Tom Verlaine
7 So Alive - Ryan Adams
8 Laurel Canyon - The Church
9 Naked Flame - Roy Harper
10 This Is the Day - The The
11 Sennen - Ride
12 Cracklin' Rosie - Shane MacGowan & The Popes
13 Pinky's Dilemma - Simon & Garfunkel
14 Lawyers, Guns and Money - Warren Zevon
15 The Return of Jimi Hendrix - The Waterboys

Nick Danger

Postby Nick Danger » 09 Jan 2021, 14:30

An interesting and entertaining mix has come my way from the west.

1. This sounds like the theme music to a tv show or something. I especially like the higher pitched accent instrumentation. Short and interesting.
2. I get a New Orleans vibe from this. I think I've heard this song before by a different artist. Great piano, good band, the horns and piano carry it.
3. R & B flavor on this, short female vocal, sounds like we're going under the water. Interesting track.
4. Echoey male vocal, sireny horns, interesting percussion. This creates quite the soundscape. Stops, starts, fallouts but dramatic and melodic at the same time. As with the rest of the mix I don't know who or what but I like it.
5. We're rocking now, vocal sounds British, great bass, driving beat. It's short with an abrupt finish.
6. Lots of styles in this mix, this time a Reggae feel. Good band, nice percussion.
7. Hip Hop at it's finest. Well performed and produced. Full rich sound with a good vocal. Dense arrangement. The tune is familiar but I can't come up with what it is.
8. Another interesting soundscape. The drums and percussion carry this.
9. Talking about soundscapes, electronic ambient, interesting accent sounds. Tasteful restrained synthesizing going on. The bass and the bottom in general are really interesting. It has an abstract soundtracky feel. Good finish.

Thanks to my mixer for this. I couldn't identify anything and I'm really curious to see the reveal.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 11 Jan 2021, 22:07

Mike Boom wrote:7 So Alive - Ryan Adams

Huh, had no idea he sounded like that. Only thing I've heard from him was an acoustic thing.

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 12 Jan 2021, 03:03

pcqgod wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:7 So Alive - Ryan Adams

Huh, had no idea he sounded like that. Only thing I've heard from him was an acoustic thing.

Yeah , he usually is acoustic countryish rock , the “Rock nRoll” album , that this is from , however is something of an out lier, and also rather fantastic.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 22 Jan 2021, 02:11

Oh god! Sorry, I missed this. I'll reveal tomorrow.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 23 Jan 2021, 15:12

Nick Danger wrote:An interesting and entertaining mix has come my way from the west.

1. This sounds like the theme music to a tv show or something. I especially like the higher pitched accent instrumentation. Short and interesting.
2. I get a New Orleans vibe from this. I think I've heard this song before by a different artist. Great piano, good band, the horns and piano carry it.
3. R & B flavor on this, short female vocal, sounds like we're going under the water. Interesting track.
4. Echoey male vocal, sireny horns, interesting percussion. This creates quite the soundscape. Stops, starts, fallouts but dramatic and melodic at the same time. As with the rest of the mix I don't know who or what but I like it.
5. We're rocking now, vocal sounds British, great bass, driving beat. It's short with an abrupt finish.
6. Lots of styles in this mix, this time a Reggae feel. Good band, nice percussion.
7. Hip Hop at it's finest. Well performed and produced. Full rich sound with a good vocal. Dense arrangement. The tune is familiar but I can't come up with what it is.
8. Another interesting soundscape. The drums and percussion carry this.
9. Talking about soundscapes, electronic ambient, interesting accent sounds. Tasteful restrained synthesizing going on. The bass and the bottom in general are really interesting. It has an abstract soundtracky feel. Good finish.

Thanks to my mixer for this. I couldn't identify anything and I'm really curious to see the reveal.

Hello Nick! Glad you liked!

1. Alan Hawkshaw- theme from Current Affairs
2. Allen Touissant - Get Out My Life Woman- you were correct about the NO vibe
3. Badly Drawn Boy and Fall In A River
4. Chemical Brothers - Setting Sun
5. Graham Coxon - Freakin Out
6. Linton Kwesi Johnson - Forces of Viktry
7. Missy Elliot -Hit Em With Da Hee
8. Neu - Super
9 - Air - Caramel Prisoner

Unfortunately I never manage to find what I sent people previously and so I end up sending people the same artists, again and again. I think I send Air to someone every month! So I do apologise. ( I love them though!)

Dr Markus wrote:

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 24 Jan 2021, 23:33

Apologies for my tardiness.
Great mix of just about all new stuff to me, variety of genres and enjoyed all of the tracks.
Interested to know who Track 2 , Track 10 and Track 11 artists are , and what album that Crosby track is from.

Track 1
Really like this , very nice classic country number, love the production, great Elvisy vocal
Interested to know who this is

Track 2
Proggish rockish and rolls track not unlike Family
Gets better each time you here it, interested in who this is too

Track 3
Manfred Mann Ragamuffin man
Great stuff, lovely track

Track 4
This is John Hiatt stealing the intro from The First Cut is the Deepest
Beautiful, not sure of the song tho.

Track 5
Great rockabilly number, love it, don’t know who it is .

Track 6
Very sixties acoustic folk number, very nice. Is this the Kingston Trio or someone similar ?

Track 7
Soul number but dont know who’s it is, very nice, great vocal

Track 8
Nice pop number, almost a bit Prefab Sproutish

Track 9
Another slick pop number, like it

Track 10
Very Dylanish vocal, but also very good, not sure who this is ,but I like it

Track 11
Unusual sort of massed choir with a sort of electronic drone, like it a lot and interested to know who it is, they sound a bit like the Polyphonic Spree

Track 12
Acoustic number with female nice vocal , liking this too

Track 13
Very cruisey seventies jazz number, sounds like Pat Metheny on guitar ?

Track 14
Crosby, must be quite new, sounding as great as ever, interested to know which album this is

Track 15
Noisy pop number, up my alley so to speak, sucker for this stuff, have no idea who it is

Track 16
Neil from the Hunter S Thompson Where The Buffalo Roam film soundtrack. Great of course

Track 17
Nice soul track from “I don’t know who”, lovely vocal and guitar and some snazzy organ and horns.

Had a great time listening to this, many thanks Mr Mixer

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 25 Jan 2021, 19:56

Just me left I think. I'll reveal for Mike Boom by the weekend when I'll get new matchups out. For now I'll compete my review....

Disc this month from PCQGOD

1)This sort of thing is right up my street. A kind of beefed up power pop. Great.
2) Weird spacey soul thing. The voice for me is on the cusp, slightly Janis-esque and a little Janis goes a long way, not as hoarse but has that full on thing going on, but I liked ths well enough.
3) Well this is just wild. La Bamba in true Mexican style at 100 MPH. Gotta love it.
4) This one is beyond wild. Surfy instrumental with drums really giving it some and wild organ riffs. What's not to like
5) Thought this was Spanish again before realising he was singing in English. Didn't really connect with this one so much.
6) This is so light and ethereal any hint of a breeze could blow it away, but engaging for all that. Almost falsetto vocals with a delicate beauty to it.
7) radio station ad. You seem to have an inexhaustible suppy of these clips, but they always work in the context of a mix.
8) Trashy girl pop will always get my vote.
9) A little taste of paradise. Love that guitar sound, reminiscent of SE Rogie's palm music sound.
10) This was a real grower. QUte a simple song, but simplicity can be a virtue or a vice and this was nicley understated.
As an aside that line "She seemed alright" for some reason lodged that Richard Marx song in my head - "I swear I left her by the river. I swear I left her safe and sound"
Ended up liking this a lot and Interested to find out who this is.
11) Nice bit of reggae. Reminds me of the early Bob Marley style cf Stir It Up
12) Fantastic. Love this. It's great when pop music is done right.
13) Another clip, mentioning Jefferson Airplane and full of all manner f nonsensical hippydom, all it seems n the service of selling Levis
14) Love me some old time, here extolling the virtues of Arkansas
15) O Holy Night done Cha Cha style. I'm always on board for anything outside of the box.

THanks for an enjoyable mix.
We're way past rhubarb

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Jan 2021, 04:22

1)This sort of thing is right up my street. A kind of beefed up power pop. Great.

Pop-punk band The Doughboys with an early 90’s hit in their native Canada that they promoted with one of the worst videos ever.

2) Weird spacey soul thing. The voice for me is on the cusp, slightly Janis-esque and a little Janis goes
a long way, not as hoarse but has that full on thing going on, but I liked ths well enough.

Composer/arranger/producer Adrian Younge from his 2016 album ‘Something about April II.’

3) Well this is just wild. La Bamba in true Mexican style at 100 MPH. Gotta love it.

A mid-60’s recording by the venerable Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán, which has been in existence for over 100 years!

4) This one is beyond wild. Surfy instrumental with drums really giving it some and wild organ riffs. What's not to like

The Ventures at their heaviest, 1964.

5) Thought this was Spanish again before realising he was singing in English. Didn't really connect with this one so much.

Rikki Ililonga, one of the stars of the 70’s “Zamrock” scene.

6) This is so light and ethereal any hint of a breeze could blow it away, but engaging for all that. Almost falsetto vocals with a delicate beauty to it.

Pink Floyd from a BBC performance, circa 1969

7) radio station ad. You seem to have an inexhaustible suppy of these clips, but they always work in the context of a mix.

They are fun, aren’t they?

8) Trashy girl pop will always get my vote.

Early 80’s power pop band The M & Ms.

9) A little taste of paradise. Love that guitar sound, reminiscent of SE Rogie's palm music sound.

The Atomic Jazz Band, one of five groups (all of which have “jazz band” in their name) featured on the compilation ‘Zanzibara 3: The 1960’s sound of Tanzania’(2007, Buda Musique)

10) This was a real grower. QUte a simple song, but simplicity can be a virtue or a vice and this was nicley understated. As an aside that line "She seemed alright" for some reason lodged that Richard Marx song in my head - "I swear I left her by the river. I swear I left her safe and sound"
Ended up liking this a lot and Interested to find out who this is.

The Vapors! From their 2020 reunion album ‘ToGetHer.’ This sad story of a girl who seemed alright was apparently a number one hit on something called the Heritage charts in the UK, so they are officially not a one hit wonder anymore.

11) Nice bit of reggae. Reminds me of the early Bob Marley style cf Stir It Up

The Mighty Maytones, 1976.

12) Fantastic. Love this. It's great when pop music is done right.

A rare recording by a mid-80’s formation of The Flamin’ Groovies.

13) Another clip, mentioning Jefferson Airplane and full of all manner f nonsensical hippydom, all it seems n the service of selling Levis

Can’t believe Levis approved this!

14) Love me some old time, here extolling the virtues of Arkansas

A 1946 single by yodeling queen Carolina Cotton.

15) O Holy Night done Cha Cha style. I'm always on board for anything outside of the box.
Brave Combo from Denton, Texas, one of the most outrageously fun bands you’re ever likely to hear.

1. Doughboys – Shine
2. Adrian Younge – Winter is Here
3. Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan – La Bamba
4. The Ventures – The Creeper
5. Rikki Ililonga – Stop Dreaming Mr. D
6. Pink Floyd – Green is the Colour
7. The Angels radio promo
8. M&Ms – I’m Tired
9. Atomic Jazz Band – Usijipendekeze (Don’t Indulge Yourself)
10. The Vapors – Girl from the Factory
11. Maytones – Madness
12. Flamin’ Groovies – Way Over My Head
13. Jefferson Airplane – Stretch Levis ad
14. Carolina Cotton – Three Miles South of Cash (in Arkansas)
15. Brave Combo – O Holy Night Cha Cha Cha

Thanks for listening and reviewing, Mr. The Fish!

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 31 Jan 2021, 07:17

Funnily enough, I almost replied with Pink Floyd in the Biggest Band you Dislike thread, Which is kind of true. ANything I like, such as here, is invariably SYd years, but even then it's a bit pick and choose. I don't even own Piper, and given the tracks I unconditionally love are the obvious ARnold and Emily if I were to own one album, it would probaby be Relics. Need some Ventures and Doughboys sound worth following up.
We're way past rhubarb

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 31 Jan 2021, 07:18

Mike Boom wrote:Apologies for my tardiness.
Great mix of just about all new stuff to me, variety of genres and enjoyed all of the tracks.
Interested to know who Track 2 , Track 10 and Track 11 artists are , and what album that Crosby track is from.

I know I'm usually safe with an eclectic mix with you as you seem to like a lot of stuff that I do.

Track 1
Really like this , very nice classic country number, love the production, great Elvisy vocal
Interested to know who this is

It's Bill Medley. Hos later solo albums descended into some horrible AOR , but earlier stuff is great.

Track 2
Proggish rockish and rolls track not unlike Family
Gets better each time you here it, interested in who this is too

Glad you like this. SOmeone I've been listening to a lot of late. A true English maverick - Kevin Coyne

Track 3
Manfred Mann Ragamuffin man
Great stuff, lovely track

Indeed. I've been after a decent collection for a while and finally there's a complete box set.

Track 4
This is John Hiatt stealing the intro from The First Cut is the Deepest
Beautiful, not sure of the song tho.

Hiatt with Cooder, Lowe and Keltner as short lived band LIttle Village. The album is a curate's egg for sure but when it's good....

Track 5
Great rockabilly number, love it, don’t know who it is .

You probably do know the voice. It's Andy Fairweather Low

Track 6
Very sixties acoustic folk number, very nice. Is this the Kingston Trio or someone similar ?

That's a good guess as this is John Stewart. An album of old demo recordings some dating back to KIngstio Trio years.

Track 7
Soul number but dont know who’s it is, very nice, great vocal

Underrated and somehow never mentioned along with the likes of Carr/Sledge/Carter etc. This is WIllie Hightower

Track 8
Nice pop number, almost a bit Prefab Sproutish

I know you are a Sprout fan so this was deliberate. The SProut compariosons are obvious right down to the Wendy Smith parts. Only album to date by a US band Roman A Clef

Track 9
Another slick pop number, like it

So how do you follow the American Prefab Sprout. WIth the Danish Smiths obviously. Northern Portrat who do indeed hail from Googaland and have obviously listened to Moz and Co

Track 10

Sammy Walker. Yves is the number one BCB fan but I've certainly become a stromg advocate.

Track 11
Unusual sort of massed choir with a sort of electronic drone, like it a lot and interested to know who it is, they sound a bit like the Polyphonic Spree

Probably my favourite album of last year. Darlingside, who manage great harmonies whilst avoiding that horrible blissed out feel.

Track 12
Acoustic number with female nice vocal , liking this too

Aimee Mann's first group before solo career. Til Tuesday.

Track 13
Very cruisey seventies jazz number, sounds like Pat Metheny on guitar ?

Stuff like this can sound horrible when done wrong but these guys are players and no mistake. The Crusaders It's Larry Carlton guesting on guitar. FRom Scratch, a great live album. Carole KIng's So Far Away of course.

Track 14
Crosby, must be quite new, sounding as great as ever, interested to know which album this is

The album is actually an early one Thousand Roads. THought ypu might recognise the song. It's a co-write with JOni and her version appears on Turbulent Indigo

Track 15
Noisy pop number, up my alley so to speak, sucker for this stuff, have no idea who it is

One off album by fairly obscure band but it's great. Star Tropics

Track 16
Neil from the Hunter S Thompson Where The Buffalo Roam film soundtrack. Great of course

INdeed. Threw this one in as an oddity of sorts

Track 17
Nice soul track from “I don’t know who”, lovely vocal and guitar and some snazzy organ and horns.

Coming full circle from beginning the mix with Bill Medley to closing it with Bobby Hatfield

Had a great time listening to this, many thanks Mr Mixer

You're welcome.

Glad ypu enjoyed it.
1. Bill Medley - One Day Girl
2. Kevin Coyne - Dynamite Daze
3. Manfred Mann - Ragamuffin Man
4. LIttle Village - Don't THink ABout Her When You're TRing To Drive
5. Andy Fairweather Low - One More Rocket
6. John Stewart - When Ypu've Been Away For A LOng Time
7. WIllie Hoghtower - Back Road Into Town
8. Roman A Clef - PSBTV
9. Northern Portrait - I give You Two Seconds To Entertain Me
10. Sammy Walker - The Ballad of Johnny Strozier
11. Darlingside - Green + Evergreen
12. Til Tuesday - Coming Up Close
13. The Crusaders -So Far Away
14. David Crosby - Yvette In English
15. Sar TRopics - Another SUnny Day
16. Neil Ypug - Home Home n the Range
17. Bonny Hatfied - The Feeling Is Right

We're way past rhubarb

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 05 Feb 2021, 18:50

The Fish wrote:
Mike Boom wrote:
Track 10

Sammy Walker. Yves is the number one BCB fan but I've certainly become a stromg advocate.

It's been a while since I left the Mix Club. Felt I lacked the inspiration.

But your mixes were (and are) close to my own tastes. You know that.

The quote above really warms my heart. I'm delighted that at least one convert was won over to Sammy.

Thanks Paul, see you at a future JU.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

Return to “Mix Club”