National cinema that is ripe for discovery

..and why not?
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

National cinema that is ripe for discovery

Postby GoogaMooga » 11 Jul 2020, 11:33

Gotta be South Korea, with Kim Ki-Duk and the rest of the gang. They have even uploaded 100 subtitled classics on youtube. Any other nations worth a look?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

trans-chigley express

Re: National cinema that is ripe for discovery

Postby trans-chigley express » 14 Jul 2020, 23:29

I sometimes watch South Korean movies as they get regularly released in Hong Kong. They are generally pretty good. I was going to watch a new Zombie one this week Peninsula (a follow up to Train to Busan I think) but it seems cinemas have closed again due to a spike in COVID 19 cases.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Jul 2020, 05:18

trans-chigley express wrote:I sometimes watch South Korean movies as they get regularly released in Hong Kong. They are generally pretty good. I was going to watch a new Zombie one this week Peninsula (a follow up to Train to Busan I think) but it seems cinemas have closed again due to a spike in COVID 19 cases.

What about subtitles?
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 15 Jul 2020, 09:05

GoogaMooga wrote:
trans-chigley express wrote:I sometimes watch South Korean movies as they get regularly released in Hong Kong. They are generally pretty good. I was going to watch a new Zombie one this week Peninsula (a follow up to Train to Busan I think) but it seems cinemas have closed again due to a spike in COVID 19 cases.

What about subtitles?

They have English and Chinese subtitles

Return to “Screenadelica”