Parasite

..and why not?
C
Robust

Parasite

Postby C » 17 Feb 2020, 14:34

Well?

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Re: Parasite

Postby Rorschach » 18 Feb 2020, 10:42

Carlsson wrote:Well?

Dunno.

For some reason, I have no desire to see it.
Bugger off.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Feb 2020, 12:34

From the Guardian ...

Perfectly accompanying the film’s tonal shifts is Jung Jae-il’s magnificently modulated music, which moves from the sombre piano patterns of the curtain-raiser, through the mini symphony of The Belt of Faith to the cracked craziness of cues in which choric vocals do battle with a musical saw. Just as the action can segue from slapstick to horror and back – sometimes within the space of a single scene – so Jung plays things straight even as madness beckons, ensuring that the underlying elements of pathos are amplified rather than undercut by pastiche.

The people who I've spoken to who have seen Parasite, seem to either love it or were upset by the "horror" :o

After seeing the Korean version of "Hansel and Gretel" in 2007, I'm not in a rush to see "Korean Horror" .. :?:

If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Feb 2020, 18:07

I thought it was very good.

It was a film of two halves.

I think 'horror' is a bit strong. Yes too strong. Blood but not gore

Well acted and lots of dark humour

My 16 year old said it was the best film he'd seen

I was sceptical and didn't think it was going to be 'my thing' but it was very entertaining

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Feb 2020, 18:16

C
Robust

Postby C » 18 Feb 2020, 18:17

Kermode: 'close to perfect'

T. Berry Shuffle
sharp-eyed archivist

Postby T. Berry Shuffle » 02 Mar 2020, 17:31

I saw it over the weekend. Truly it is a masterpiece of cinema. Quite a few "good" films I have seen recently were instantly paled by its impact. I very much doubt I will see a better film for the remainder of the year, or for quite some time actually. It instantly reminded me of how different a viewpoint and approach Asian films take when compared to their western counterparts. I'm no film snob but I can't imagine an American director accomplishing anything remotely close to Parasite.

If you're reading this, see it. You won't be disappointed, unless you're an arsehat or course.
You read that in a book, didn't you?!

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 08 Mar 2020, 19:33

Not at all what I was expecting though excellent nevertheless.
It was reminiscent of one episode of Inside Number 9 in places.
It deserves all the praise heaped on it.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 13 Aug 2020, 09:55

Finally got to see it on Sky, mainly thanks to Master SB and his girlfriend visiting for a week. Each night is a movie night. I thought it was a tremendous film, not at all like I was expecting ( re Slumdog Millionaire ). Great story, acting and the violence was only a very small part of the film. Probably watch it again. Also watched "Joker" and "Knives out". So far, a very enjoyable week.

Return to “Screenadelica”