Daniel Craig's final bow as Bond

..and why not?
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Daniel Craig's final bow as Bond

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2021, 12:08

Daniel Craig has been interviewed about the future of the Bond series, and gives sound advice to the next Bond.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dan ... 11388.html

Personally, I think they should stop the series on a high, with the 25th film, "No Time to Die". I think having a black woman play the next Bond is too radical a change, and in a way I think it is political correctness gone too far. It was already a radical idea to let Judi Dench play the role of "M". There are plenty of interesting roles for women, and if not, create some.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: Daniel Craig's final bow as Bond

Postby Minnie the Minx » 15 Oct 2021, 15:04

:lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 15 Oct 2021, 16:33

MI5 receptionist, for example?

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2021, 16:44

The Prof wrote:MI5 receptionist, for example?

Moneypenny! :D James Bond is an original work of fiction, and the film franchise should stick to the original concept, or it won't make sense. Or do you think it's okay to mess with all literature, all works of fiction? If you can just shape or mold any creative work to fit a certain sentiment, then there is no continuity and no originality.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2021, 16:46

Anyway, I am just echoing Daniel Craig's own opinion, and the opinion of millions of fans the world over. Sure you can have women agents and women bosses. But create them from scratch, or pick an original concept like Modesty Blaise.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Oct 2021, 18:44

GoogaMooga wrote:

Moneypenny! :D James Bond is an original work of fiction, and the film franchise should stick to the original concept, or it won't make sense. Or do you think it's okay to mess with all literature, all works of fiction? If you can just shape or mold any creative work to fit a certain sentiment, then there is no continuity and no originality.

You’ve talked a record amount of nonsense on this short thread. Unmitigated nonsense.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2021, 19:11

der Freiherr wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:

You’ve talked a record amount of nonsense on this short thread. Unmitigated nonsense.

I don't think so. But you are welcome to rebuke my arguments, one by one.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Oct 2021, 19:26

I have already written more words than the topic demands.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 15 Oct 2021, 19:30

It is an original concept that has gone on for sixty plus years. It is not about race or gender, but about being faithful to Ian Fleming's vision. I'd gladly watch a movie with a black female agent, it might even be better than Bond. But it isn't Bond. That is the only point I am trying to make.

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 20 Oct 2021, 15:04

Miss Funnyfanny?
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 28 Oct 2021, 14:48

GoogaMooga wrote:Daniel Craig has been interviewed about the future of the Bond series, and gives sound advice to the next Bond.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dan ... 11388.html

Personally, I think they should stop the series on a high, with the 25th film, "No Time to Die". I think having a black woman play the next Bond is too radical a change, and in a way I think it is political correctness gone too far. It was already a radical idea to let Judi Dench play the role of "M". There are plenty of interesting roles for women, and if not, create some.

You do know that the actual head of MI5 (or 6?) was a woman at the time? Stella Rimmington.

And the black woman, according to the plot of NTTD, was given the codename 007 after Cmdr James Bond retired.

I can't see why there should be any controversy with either of those things.

If they chose a black actor when the franchise is rebooted I guess it would depend of how radical a reboot it was.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 28 Oct 2021, 15:10

I did not know about Stella Rimmington, interesting. Was this in the 1950s/early 60s?

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 30 Oct 2021, 11:23

1990's

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 30 Oct 2021, 19:05

The Prof wrote:1990's

In that case it's a perfectly valid update of Fleming's original concept, it reflects the times accurately. Moreover, if the new Bond will be an entirely different person, with the producers having retired Commander Bond, then it's wide open. But then it becomes a bit pointless, so far removed from the original, that they might as well start a new series from scratch under a different moniker.

Return to “Screenadelica”