Re: Liverpool

Postby mentalist (slight return) » 28 Dec 2017, 09:42

oops wrong thread
king of the divan

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Jan 2018, 08:58

So there you have it.... a week ago beat the previously unbeaten table toppers Man City... a week later lose to the bottom club (and seemingly doomed) Swansea.

Heavy Metal Football. And Liverpool just went from "Supernaut" to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" inside 7 days.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 23 Jan 2018, 11:55

Diamond Dog wrote:
Heavy Metal Football. And Liverpool just went from "Supernaut" to "Pour Some Sugar On Me" inside 7 days.

It's what Liverpool do.....unfortunately :(

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 14 Feb 2018, 21:24

4-0 up at Porto.

I still don't think they have the squad to make the semis, but whoever they draw in the next round will be very wary.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2018, 07:34

They will scare the shit out of whoever draws them - and they're perfectly capable of going away and getting a similar result in the Quarter Final too. But they're also likely to be held scoreless at home and lose 4-3 away. They are not someone you'd put your mortgage on but - when, as now, they're firing- they're a delight to watch.

I cannot believe I just said that. :oops:
Cocaine

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 15 Feb 2018, 08:10

I think the key is Firmino more than any other player. He works relentlessly hard, never seems to be injured and has magnificent technique, linking the other two up. He's not as prolific as Salah, but still, 20 goals already isn't to be sniffed at.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2018, 08:28

He took his time to adapt but he's playing just about as well , in and around the box, as anyone in the EPL besides maybe De Bruyne at present.

Salah is by a country mile the signing of the season - he's very straightforward and should be relatively easy for defenders to play. But he's overflowing with confidence and that old saying "You can't coach speed" certainly applies here too.
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 15 Feb 2018, 09:54

Sticking Firmino up front has been a stroke of brilliance by Klopp. He’s a brilliant team player but now he’s added that 20 goals a season it makes such a difference.

Things look more promising at the back as well although both of the full backs need to develop the defensive side of their game a bit more but they have time on their side. Nice to see a Scot doing well at the moment. They are still a bit weak in the middle of the park up against the top sides I think and because of their pressing style they are prone to dips within games but, on their day, they can give anyone a game and with players like Salah in that kind of form I think it makes them a decent outside bet.
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 15 Feb 2018, 10:07

Diamond Dog wrote:Salah is by a country mile the signing of the season - he's very straightforward and should be relatively easy for defenders to play. But he's overflowing with confidence and that old saying "You can't coach speed" certainly applies here too.

His ability to manipulate the ball to find space with a couple of touches is up there with the very best. That, allied with his speed, is his secret I think.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 15 Feb 2018, 12:08

The Modernist wrote:
Diamond Dog wrote:Salah is by a country mile the signing of the season - he's very straightforward and should be relatively easy for defenders to play. But he's overflowing with confidence and that old saying "You can't coach speed" certainly applies here too.

His ability to manipulate the ball to find space with a couple of touches is up there with the very best. That, allied with his speed, is his secret I think.

Yeah.... he's a very uncomplicated player but he does what he does brilliantly and effortlessly.

I fear Liverpool may have a bit of an issue holding on to him though - and Firmino. They're doing it consistently on the big stage now and it's sure to be drawing attention from 'the bigger clubs'....
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Mar 2018, 07:44

Lovren is not a Premier League centre half. Player, actually.

Disappointed to see Oxlade-Chamberlain's rather petulant facial expression after he was substituted - he certainly wasn't playing nearly well enough to have felt hard done by.
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 12 Mar 2018, 13:53

I don't harbour any feelings for Jamie Carragher and he was clearly a dick in his car, but my passionate hope is that the goading tool of a dad who used his mobile phone while driving and lampooned Jamie, acting like a twat, and ignored his daughter's protests to stop and seemed entirely oblivious to the road, be fined however fucking much you get fined these days. He sounded like a TOOL.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 12 Mar 2018, 15:24

Minnie the Minx wrote:I don't harbour any feelings for Jamie Carragher and he was clearly a dick in his car, but my passionate hope is that the goading tool of a dad who used his mobile phone while driving and lampooned Jamie, acting like a twat, and ignored his daughter's protests to stop and seemed entirely oblivious to the road, be fined however fucking much you get fined these days. He sounded like a TOOL.

Exactly my reaction. I felt like hitting him just listening to the video.

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 12 Mar 2018, 20:25

I am hoping that someone has called the social services on him to be honest.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 21 Apr 2018, 14:46

The pitch was too dry? West Brom didn't water it at half time?
Jeez - that is desperate, Klopp.
What a twat.
:lol:
Cocaine

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 23 Apr 2018, 05:18

Diamond Dog wrote:The pitch was too dry? West Brom didn't water it at half time?
Jeez - that is desperate, Klopp.
What a twat.
:lol:

I'm surprised a pitch could ever be too dry in a country where it never stops bloody raining!

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 23 Apr 2018, 09:04

Congrats to Salah on player of the season. It's a bit strange not to see a Man City player there - would anyone really have argued if De Bruyne had got it? - but with Salah it's hard to think of a way that a player could have improved on his first season at a club.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 23 Apr 2018, 09:21

I agree - both of them deserved it.

Geezee

Postby Geezee » 23 Apr 2018, 09:53

you do wonder what more De Bruyne needs to do to get it.
Smilies are ON
Flash is OFF
Url is ON

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Apr 2018, 10:32

A very intriguing tie tonight. I think Liverpool will be sweating a little because they are clearly favourites and they will want to take at least a two goal advantage to Rome next week. There's no doubt that they can do it, but Roma will play without fear and it will be close. Given that they've beaten Barca, Chelsea and Atletico Madrid already, they have the potential to go on and win the trophy.

Return to “Sporting Life”