The Boxing

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Re: The Boxing

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Dec 2019, 09:07

Nothing to put fear into Fury’s mind but a perfect performance.

Putting on a stone when he was already dough boy was frankly pretty pathetic and showed that Ruiz was not focused on the fight in the way that Joshua was.

I suspect he will fade back into semi-obscurity, have a ball spending his dosh for a few years. Fair play.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Dec 2019, 13:29

Couldn't have read it more wrong but, as you say, the warning signs were there at the weigh in. Fair play to Joshua - he now has to find a way to fight Fury or Wilder - and that may be easier said than done.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 08 Dec 2019, 17:02

Fully deserved but a cautionary tale. How to eat away an opportunity to be more than a footnote. AJ showed heart, technique and application. As Pete says, I don’t think it will be easy to get a fight against the other 2 but I’d fancy him against Fury who hasn’t got massive punching power.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 08 Dec 2019, 17:39

Wilder is so over-rated it hurts. Yes he can bang but Fury and AJ are so much better at boxing and are smart / good enough to keep clear of his Big Bang.

Rack up the 1st 6 rounds, as everyone does against Wilder, then use ring smarts to stay out of his way. I really hope one of them destroys him and shows him for what he is. 2nd rate.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 23 Feb 2020, 06:03

Lord Rother wrote:Wilder is so over-rated it hurts. Yes he can bang but Fury and AJ are so much better at boxing and are smart / good enough to keep clear of his Big Bang.

Rack up the 1st 6 rounds, as everyone does against Wilder, then use ring smarts to stay out of his way. I really hope one of them destroys him and shows him for what he is. 2nd rate.

Thank you.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Feb 2020, 20:45

Just watched the fight in its entirety.

Fury took Wilder to school - totally out thought him, out fought him and bullied him throughout. Completely dismantled him - he won't be coming back.

Whatsmore - i'm not so sure Joshua is looking forward to Fury too much either.
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 24 Feb 2020, 09:04

Wilder got found out. It was a Fury masterclass. He really can be something special, but he's got a way to go. AJ will give him better competition.
Still pretty objectionable human being though.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Feb 2020, 13:47

Jumper K wrote:Wilder got found out. It was a Fury masterclass. He really can be something special, but he's got a way to go. AJ will give him better competition.

Oh absolutely. You can tell he voted for Johnson at the election - or worse.

As for Joshua - yeah, he'll certainly be more competition than Wilder. Because he can at least box. However, I think Fury will be looking forward to it - and be more confident of the outcome- than Joshua.

Of course, this is prevalent upon them somehow finding a way to overcome the promoters & tv clashes of the two camps - and then the venue (I'm pretty sure Fury would like the fight in the US, if it can't be in the UK. I think Joshua fancies Dubai more. And I think Joshua may just have to fact up to the fact that, even though he holds three of the four belts, the bigger draw - without question- is Fury).
Cocaine

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 24 Feb 2020, 13:53

We will be in the same scenario as Lewis and Tyson. I suspect it won't happen this year, if at all. If it does it will be where the money is. Vegas or Dubai.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Feb 2020, 14:20

Yep, exactly that.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Feb 2020, 17:18

Diamond Dog wrote:
Jumper K wrote:Wilder got found out. It was a Fury masterclass. He really can be something special, but he's got a way to go. AJ will give him better competition.

Oh absolutely. You can tell he voted for Johnson at the election - or worse..

Actually I may have to retract that.

https://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/t ... jW05bZ-SEM
Cocaine

The Prof
Trading coffee in Abyssinia

Postby The Prof » 24 Feb 2020, 19:29

Giving money to the homeless is the only thing I know about him.

What makes him objectionable?

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Feb 2020, 20:43

Some of things he has said in the not too distant past are one step away from Sabiski.

Whether he truly believed them or they were just the rantings of an unbalanced mind I wouldn’t know.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt now as he has certainly cleaned up his act.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 25 Feb 2020, 06:13

Ah, now Wilder's listless performance makes sense :

"Deontay Wilder blames ring entrance costume for his loss to Tyson Fury and WILL be taking the third fight:

“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me. I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight… I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40lbs with the helmet and all the batteries".

:lol: :lol:
Cocaine

`

Postby ` » 26 Feb 2020, 10:01

Diamond Dog wrote:Ah, now Wilder's listless performance makes sense :

"Deontay Wilder blames ring entrance costume for his loss to Tyson Fury and WILL be taking the third fight:

“He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me. I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight… I didn’t think it was going to be that heavy. It weighed 40lbs with the helmet and all the batteries".

:lol: :lol:

Weighed forty pounds? Cost forty pounds more like.

Lord Rother

Postby Lord Rother » 27 Feb 2022, 12:01

Christ alive.

Den of villains. There isn’t even a single person in Scotland who thinks Taylor got anywhere close to winning that fight and yet 2 out of 3 judges gave it to him, the other one judged that he only lost by 1 point.

Steve Bunce maintains there are no corrupt judges and no brown envelopes in boxing. He can be entertaining but he’s also a naive fool if he thinks that.

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 27 Feb 2022, 20:11

An absolute tragedy. I had Catterall up by 3 at least. Those judges, who all happen to be referees should be banned for life.

Return to “Sporting Life”