NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
never/ever

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby never/ever » 09 Dec 2019, 10:49

Diamond Dog wrote:The 49ers picking up Emmanuel Sanders is a great move to bolster their weak receiving corps.

Didn't he have a monster game today....

One of the most entertaining and thrilling games this season. To see the Niners taking the lead in the NFC after Seattle crashed at the Rams is just great to see.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Dec 2019, 18:10

Statistically the 49ers have just completed the toughest three game streak in the Superbowl era (i.e. since 1967). No team has ever played three consecutive teams with an .800 or better record (let alone 8-2, 9-2 & 10-2).

To come out of those three games (including two on the road) with two wins is admirable. To have only lost the other road game toa last second field goal makes it even more so.

They are very much for real and anyone doubting Jimmy G is looking kind of silly right now. Incredibly though - despite having the equal best record with the Ravens- with only three games to go, they aren't even certain of a playoff spot - let alone a Divisional win. The NFC West is absolutely brutal this season.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 09 Dec 2019, 19:59

It's even better that the last game shapes up to be the decider...away to the Seahawks. After their loss to the Rams you have to feel that for once Seattle doesn't appear to have the upper hand on their own turf but then, Carroll would have no problem to bust the Niners-D line up with their smashmouth running style (Carson looked pretty good last night).

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Dec 2019, 21:13

They're the second best Run D in the NFL - I think it may be a little harder to 'bust the Niners D Line up' than you suggest.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Dec 2019, 14:57

And the Patriots wonder why everyone dislikes them?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -press-box

The Patriots released the following statement on the matter late Monday night, confirming that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, did film the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game:

"For the past year, the New England Patriots content team has produced a series of behind-the scenes features on various departments within the organization. The seven previous 'Do Your Job' episodes are archived on patriots.com. On Sunday, Dec. 8, the content team sent a three-person video crew to the Bengals-Browns game at FirstEnergy Stadium in order to capture one part of a longer feature on the Patriots scouting department, in this case a Patriots pro personnel scout while he was working in the press box.

"While we sought and were granted credentialed access from the Cleveland Browns for the video crew, our failure to inform the Bengals and the League was an unintended oversight. In addition to filming the scout, the production crew -- without specific knowledge of League rules -- inappropriately filmed the field from the press box. The sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road. There was no intention of using the footage for any other purpose. We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box. When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully.

"The production crew is independent of our football operation. While aware that one of the scouts was being profiled for a 'Do Your Job' episode, our football staff had no other involvement whatsoever in the planning, filming or creative decisions made during the production of these features.
Cocaine

Six String

Postby Six String » 12 Dec 2019, 17:58

File under "better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission."
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Dec 2019, 19:27

Diamond Dog wrote:Statistically the 49ers have just completed the toughest three game streak in the Superbowl era (i.e. since 1967). No team has ever played three consecutive teams with an .800 or better record (let alone 8-2, 9-2 & 10-2).

To come out of those three games (including two on the road) with two wins is admirable. To have only lost the other road game toa last second field goal makes it even more so.

They are very much for real and anyone doubting Jimmy G is looking kind of silly right now. Incredibly though - despite having the equal best record with the Ravens- with only three games to go, they aren't even certain of a playoff spot - let alone a Divisional win. The NFC West is absolutely brutal this season.

What the fuck do I know?! :lol:
Cocaine

Flower

Postby Flower » 17 Dec 2019, 12:25

Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/record- ... 34558.html

:D :D :D :D :D :D
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 23 Dec 2019, 10:28

Fantastic six games over the past couple of days on Sky - the Patriots v Bills game was an old fashioned smash mouth game of football. Beware of writing New England off - their offence finally showed signs of life and... well, it's the Patriots. The 49ers beating the Rams was a classic NFC West encounter - don't write off San Francisco either, they've had a brutal schedule and still have the fight (the Seahawks losing at home certainly helps the 49ers cause too). The Cowboys - Yo ho ho!! Uncles Jerry & Jason never fail to serve up a Xmas treat for us all. Fantastic coaching by the Eagles - how you manage to generate points with an O that is using fifth and sixth string receivers is quite remarkable.
The playoffs are going to be a fantastic playoff season - it's a wildly unpredictable NFL and, whilst I can only realistically see four or five (49ers, Ravens, Patriots, Saints & Chiefs) winning it, there could be all kinds of upsets along the way.

PS - wasn't it great to see Tom Brady (at 42) throwing a lead block on Saturday followed by Larry Fitzgerald (36) literally running over a linebacker for a TD. That's desire, that is.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 28 Dec 2019, 23:15

That was perhaps the single most one-sided half of (bowl) college football I have ever seen....LSU tearing strips off the Sooners backsides right now.

Burrow 7([[[[[} TD passes in one half. Seven is the school record in one game. He filleted the understrength and inexperienced Oklahoma safeties and had his receivers run roughshod.

Surely Georgia would be watching this and wondering why the hell they weren't in the CFP to begin with.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 29 Dec 2019, 05:54

....and then after that you get an absolute balltearer of a game between OSU and Clemson that had everything....

Before the game I had Justin Fields ahead of Trevor Lawrence in regards of QB-brilliance, based on his vast array of skill and roughness. It was a rough awakening for him getting 2 interceptions on crucial moments. Lawrence seemed to be his almost slacker-self but he took some massive hits and still remained standing and delivering. That 67-yard run for a TD was a brilliant play,

I will repeat it again.....Travis Etienne is a beast

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Jan 2020, 06:43

Diamond Dog wrote:They're the second best Run D in the NFL - I think it may be a little harder to 'bust the Niners D Line up' than you suggest.

And so it proved....

Great game though. Two very tough teams battled it out over two games, splitting the decision and I'm not sure who I'd fancy if they met in the Championship game.

One thing I do know though - the 49ers have just come through the toughest 7 game schedule to finish a season I can ever recall - and ended up with top seed in the NFC still. They may not win it - but they're certainly not going to make it easy for whoever they play from now on.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 01 Jan 2020, 09:19

Hasn't that Dolphins win put in the cat among the pigeons?
Patriots playing a wildcard game. Who would have thunked it.

Anyway, who have you got?

Think the Bills will take the Texans down - even with JJ Watt back I don't think the Houston D is good enough to stop Allen.

Date I pick the Titans over the Pats? It's a kneejerk vote most of the time when tipping New England but this year has shown them at their most vulnerable in quite a while. Tannehill has had one of the most surprising seasons at QB and Derrick Henry has bullied everyone in his path. Up against Brady, Burkhead/Michel I think they have the upper hand. Titans it is.

Saints/Vikings is a hell of a match. After that loss to the Niners they looked a bit ragged in the first quarter against the Colts but then they accelerated and never looked back, stomping a mudhole in the Titans also on the way. They don't look fazed by anything. Brees always seems to have a get-out-of-jail-free card with Michael Thomas which is something that he Vikings only have in the returning Dalvin Cook.
I don't know what to make of Minnesota's form though. Their D has been good enough so far but the diversity that the likes of Kamara offer the Saints will cause all sorts of problems. Plus Cousins is one of the worst performing QBs when under pressure (The Bills Josh Allen is even worse than him) so this should be New Orleans by plenty.

And then the Eagles....for a side that has been crippled by injuries Wars left and still see Carson Wentz play with the second and third-tier OL so well I'd all kinds of amazing. Boston Scott has really turned into a must-see player.and hell fancy his chances against a struggling Seahawks-outfit that have trouble defending against the run. You wonder how far this understrength Philadelphia outfit can go but they show courage in their fierce defense and if Goedert and Perkins step up the way Ertz did and with the Eagkes-crowd on their side, they may just get it done.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 01 Jan 2020, 11:06

I saw The Texans in London and they were 'powerfully average' (as John Peel once famously said). But the Bills really don't have that much on offence to worry them. I'll say Houston, mainly because of Watson but I think it's a very difficult game to predict with both teams having good and bad all over the pitch.

I don;t think the Titans will be in any way worried about the Patriots offence - Brady's time is over (famous last words) and they really don;t have a consistent receiving corps to make it any easier fr him. And they have, at best, a workable run O. I think the Texans can keep them to under 20 points. Tannehill has been Top 3 in the QB game for the past two months or so. And Henry, when fit, is a beast of a running back. Can they do enough to upset a really strong Pats D? If Miami could, in a game which mattered not a jot to them, then I don't see why not. And Vrabel may continue Bellichick's poor record against ex New England connections. Titans by 4.

The Saints will absolutely crush Minnesota. I'm guessing New Orleans might even be resting some starters in the 4th quarter.

The Eagles/Seahawks game is the clash of the weekend for me. Pederson has performed miracles the past few weeks - I cannot remember seeing an injury list quite so extensive, especially heading into the playoffs. Wentz is on fire too - whereas Wilson appears to have dropped off over the last month. But not having Ertz is a huge loss to them. The Seahawks are very tough but have just come off a heartbreaking home defeat to the 49ers. But..... I keep looking at that injury list and Seattle's fine road record.... I'm just taking the Hawks but it will be very very close.
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 05 Jan 2020, 01:24

The Bills had it. They had it twice but terrible decision making during game winning drives cost them.
Unbelievable final play by Watson to shrug off two would-be tacklers and find a receiver downfield. Certainly took him a while (and 7 sacks) to get going but he outslugged a very game Allen who had some great and crazy plays along the way. Terrific game!

Flower

Postby Flower » 05 Jan 2020, 12:40

never/ever wrote:The Bills had it. They had it twice but terrible decision making during game winning drives cost them.
Unbelievable final play by Watson to shrug off two would-be tacklers and find a receiver downfield. Certainly took him a while (and 7 sacks) to get going but he outslugged a very game Allen who had some great and crazy plays along the way. Terrific game!

I thought for sure that the Bills would win at halftime. I'd rather that they had won but it was an exciting game and I wasn't really for or against either team.

I am glad that NE lost .. YAY!

I am a Saints fan and hope that they crush their opponents on the way to a Super Bowl win.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jan 2020, 20:09

3 out of 4 correct, let down by my 'banker' The Saints :)

I must be seeing something the US football media don't see, but there is serious talk that the Patriots should be offering Brady a 1 or 2 year deal, for between $30-36 million per year, with at least half of that guaranteed. Are they absolutely fucking insane? He's gone - it's over. Whatever they need to do to get someone else in for awhile until they draft his replacement, they need to do it - and spend a whole lot less on a guy probably 10-15 years younger who has had a much better season than he has this year and will still be capable of playing QB in two/three years time. I'm not sure who that guy is - but I'm absolutely convinced he's out there. Tannehill? Bridgewater? Even Case Keenum... all cheaper and better choices.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jan 2020, 21:04

I just watched the Bills v Texans again - what happened at half time in the Buffalo dressing room? Did Brian Daboll (the Offensive Co-Ordinator) get bribed or something? Singletary had dominated the half running the ball, allowing Josh Allen a relatively untroubled/clean pocket when throwing. You're up and know the Texans only real chance of victory is if you turn the ball over or give them time by going three and out repeatedly. For some bizarre reason, the Bills decided to do both i.e. abandon the run game (for no obvious reason) and put Allen under pressure having to throw to gain yardage, and then either fail to do so and go three and out and take no time off the clock, or force an inexperienced QB into pressure situations and wonder why he turns the ball over? Inexplicable.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Jan 2020, 09:17

The Drew Brees situation is possibly more fluid than the Brady one.

Unlike in New England, the Saints have one, if not two, candidates who could step up into his place, if New Orleans decide to move on from him. Bridgewater showed by winning his five starts last season that he can be trusted and knows the playbook. He is also a Free Agent though, so that adds complications. Taysom Hill has been touted by Payton as the next QB - maybe it's time to make that change, and alter the focus of the offence from short, high % passing to the potential for bombs downfield (something Brees simply can't throw anymore) and a great running QB too. Both would come a great deal cheaper than Brees who, at 41, is showing definite signs of decline - yes I know his stats are incredible, but he does sometimes give the air of being a bit of a flat track bully. He certainly had a horrible game against the Vikes, where the only spark was when Hill was actively involved on the pitch.
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Jan 2020, 15:56

How about Brady to the Chargers? California boy, Chargers have just lost Rivers...... new stadium, franchise needs a real kick... merchandise .... etc etc....
Cocaine

Return to “Sporting Life”