"Sky Sports Understands...."

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Re: "Sky Sports Understands...."

Postby Penk! » 10 Aug 2017, 08:59

Watford splash £18.5 million on a striker who scored 9 goals in 32 games last year and missed the other six games as he was banned for homophobic tweets.

Meanwhile two levels down my club can't afford a goalkeeper.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 10 Aug 2017, 12:27

Liverpool turn down £90 million for Countinho....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40882299

So when he does go, what do we think Barca will pay?

I'm guessing £110 million. Making him the second most expensive player in history.

That's Philippe Coutinho.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Goat Boy
Bogarting the joint

Postby Goat Boy » 10 Aug 2017, 13:04

Do you remember when Roy Keane went for 4 million or when Andy Cole went for 7 million? How long ago it all seems.

How does the financial fair play rules actually work?
Griff wrote:The notion that Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong vocal proponent of antisemitism, would stand in front of an antisemitic mural and commend it is utterly preposterous.

Copehead wrote:a right wing cretin like Berger....bleating about racism

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 10 Aug 2017, 13:08

He's gonna be milked for every last penny Liverpool can get for him. I just hope they have a replacement lined up. It's been respectful enough between club and player, so far.
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 11 Aug 2017, 14:03

So Liverpool have stated emphatically that he is not for sale, and he's submitted a transfer request.

At what number will Liverpool blink?
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Aug 2017, 09:38

Doubt if Liverpool will get 90 million now. If Coutinho stays, he's damaged goods.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 11:06

never/ever wrote:Doubt if Liverpool will get 90 million now. If Coutinho stays, he's damaged goods.

Why?
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Aug 2017, 11:20

If Coutinho would have held firm to stay with Liverpool, wouldn't Barça have to up the ante to get their man?
Now Liverpool is put in the unenviable spot to convince the fans Coutinho wants to stay at the club and having to fend off subsequent offers from other clubs not to sell him- and with the player indicating he wants to leave/join Barcelona, why would they offer the same amount?
Liverpool can still hold on Coutinho but the damage is done. Either cut the loss now or spend energy in keeping Coutinho at the club for now until the inevitable happens.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 12 Aug 2017, 11:40

He signed a five year deal 7 months ago. It doesn''t contain a release clause.

Of course he'll be moving - but Liverpool don't have to sell and Barca (and others) know that.

It's up to Barca to find Liverpool's breaking point.

The fact that other clubs may now come in for him can only be to Liverpool's advantage in exploiting their asset. A competitive market will always raise more money than a one man competition, surely?
Cocaine

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Aug 2017, 12:31

I'm trying to find out whether Coutinho would be eligible to play Champions League for Barcelona if he was starting against Hoffenheim in their CL-playoff round next week (if he wasn't injured of course)....if that would influence whether he would be signed by Barcelona then time is another factor.
Anyway, the game has started....

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Aug 2017, 18:23

Barca have apparently had a bid for £114 million for Coutinho declined.
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 18 Aug 2017, 19:03

Actually Pete the pound is slipping so badly right now that the value of the bid they rejected now stands at £119 million!
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Aug 2017, 19:06

He's worth more without doing a single thing!
Cocaine

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 18 Aug 2017, 19:06

I mean, £119 million for Coutinho. They ought to be fucking snapping Barcelona's hand off and asking if they fancy a bit of any more of their players really. Here you go, Nathaniel Clyne, yours for £65 million. £93 million for Alberto Moreno, you say? Right this way. And why not pick up Adam Bogdan for £44 million while you're here?

When is this nonsense going to end?

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 18 Aug 2017, 19:13

Deadline day is going to be absolutely ridiculous.

MILAN IN LAST-MINUTE £88M ROBSON-KANU SWOOP
CHELSEA LAND £159M FRAIZER CAMPBELL

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 24 Aug 2017, 16:58

Barcelona agree Ousmane Dembele deal after talks with Borussia Dortmund in Monaco

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/11003435/barcelona-agree-ousmane-dembele-deal-after-talks-with-borussia-dortmund-in-monaco

Sorry philippe ? :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

KeithPratt
Arsehole all Erect

Postby KeithPratt » 24 Aug 2017, 19:16

PENK wrote:I mean, £119 million for Coutinho. They ought to be fucking snapping Barcelona's hand off and asking if they fancy a bit of any more of their players really. Here you go, Nathaniel Clyne, yours for £65 million. £93 million for Alberto Moreno, you say? Right this way. And why not pick up Adam Bogdan for £44 million while you're here?

When is this nonsense going to end?

I can imagine things might start moving on that front if there's movement for VVD from Southampton now Liverpool have qualified for the CL. If that's a possible deal then I think they might sell him. But fair play to them for not giving in too. Coutinho might not be happy, but if Liverpool don't want to sell him then he has to accept it. He'll want to be playing regular football because of the World Cup next summer.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 24 Aug 2017, 20:14

I think Barca will come back with an improved offer of around £135 million for Coutinho and Liverpool will snap their fucking arms off.
Cocaine

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 29 Aug 2017, 11:42

K wrote:Sterling +£20m for Sanchez?

Not even Messi +£20m for Sanchez would make me optimistic because I think we're fucked under Wenger. He has completely lost the dressing room.
Nor do I feel thrilled at bringing in another rotten apple into the dressing room.
But objectively it would be a great deal. Can't see it happening though, why would Sterling agree to it? And given his agent has spent the last three months pushing Ox out of the club, then I find it even more unlikely.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 29 Aug 2017, 11:48

There will be rumors now with Sanchez and Liverpool. While he is obviously a class player I'm always dubious about bringing in players that act this way when they're not happy. Anyway with these two players coming in for us and no deal with Barca I think the yanks will be telling ze manager, "nuff is nuff".

Return to “Sporting Life”