NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Fitba' crazy, fitba' mad. But mostly mad. And angry
Jumper K

Re: NFL & College Football 2012/2013/2014 & beyond....

Postby Jumper K » 05 Jun 2020, 11:33

Lesson 1 in how to tarnish a reputation. Drew Brees.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 05 Jun 2020, 17:00

Jumper K wrote:Lesson 1 in how to tarnish a reputation. Drew Brees.

He's an ignorant white man who clearly doesn't understand the real world. The (obviously lawyer written) apology hardly helped. I think the Saints locker room could be a touch frosty this season.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 06 Jun 2020, 11:38

Re Goodell's "Black Lives Matter" speech yesterday.... The idea that a corporation that only four years ago actively supported Trump - and his stance on kneeling - has somehow suddenly become enlightened this week is, frankly, outrageous. When the NFL actually really does something about promoting diversity in the positions of power within the NFL, then I'll gladly applaud the stance. But Drew Brees and Roger Goodell reading legally compiled statements in support of the Black Lives Matter campaign doesn't cut it, by quite some way too.
Cocaine

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 06 Jun 2020, 13:05

I’m surprised that it even needed to be said (on FB) that it’s a business decision. Every decision that they make is a business decision! Some of them, I gather, haven’t been very good.

It’s a shame Drew Brees is such a jackass. You would’ve thought that he would have picked up enough from his teammates over the past few years to at least know he should avoid opening his mouth.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 06 Jun 2020, 16:45

it pisses me right the hell off. for. fucque's. sake.

drew brees has elements of goodness in him. a friend of mine, his daughter was dyin of some dread cancer. she was a drew freak. she sent him a letter just wanting to meet him. my friend thought nuthin would happen, but sure enough, drew read it or was told about it, and he went to see the lil girl several times before she died. she was on the moon about it. and there were no cameras, no media coverage made of it at all. it was a luvly gesture.

BUT this pignorant, ass-level dumb and hurtful crap from him, at absolutely THE worst, most insensitive time to say the least... christ.

he needs to come out with a REAL apology, right now. he needs to make it publically and privately to the entire team. i mean, kids look up to him, admire him, wanna emulate him, the fucquer. he needs to sprout a clue and make it as right as he possibly can.

i was really lookin forward to the season before this. our first regular season game is in the dome against the new tampa bay, with its new members. i was excited about it. i was thinkin about going now that i can go to home games. but he needs to fix this shit. period.

kath

Postby kath » 06 Jun 2020, 19:19

he put this on instagram. it's a lil better anyway.

Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag. It has never been. We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities.
We did this back in 2017, and regretfully I brought it back with my comments this week. We must stop talking about the flag and shift our attention to the real issues of systemic racial injustice, economic oppression, police brutality, and judicial & prison reform.
We are at a critical juncture in our nation’s history! If not now, then when?

We as a white community need to listen and learn from the pain and suffering of our black communities. We must acknowledge the problems, identify the solutions, and then put this into action. The black community cannot do it alone. This will require all of us.

edit: i didn't realize when i posted this that drew said this stuff after trump blasted drew's original lame apology and started ranting about respecting the flag OLD GLORY.

i went to ESPN to check out the story, including his teammates' reactions and whatnot. to be honest, i actually love what drew's wife posted on their charity website. it was long, emotional, sweet, obviously caring about not being blind fucquewads. she opened, in all caps, WE ARE THE PROBLEM. i dunno, i am less cynical about it now.

of course, he has to follow this up. he has to be vocal about it, consistently enough to get proper coverage and air play. it wouldn't hurt a thing if he'd walk into game 1, go stand with his black teammates and take a gotdamn knee. now THAT would be a message. yeah, i'm being too hopeful, mwhaha.

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 07 Jun 2020, 08:58

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Breesgate - the world is a better place for having you back participating Kath! :D
Cocaine

kath

Postby kath » 08 Jun 2020, 00:55

Diamond Dog wrote:Whatever the rights and wrongs of Breesgate - the world is a better place for having you back participating Kath! :D

thank yew, pete. ::smack::

my internet keeps blinkin on and off like the twitchy bitch it so truly is~~a bit of a storm this day~~but i'm gonna be watchin all those NFL bastards. mwhahaha

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 29 Jun 2020, 17:53

Cam to the Pats on a one year deal...... now that is interesting. Could be brilliant... if he's fit.

And in other , more traditional, New England news......

The New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and docked a 2021 third-round draft pick by the NFL following an investigation into the filming of the Bengals' sideline during the 2019 season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday.

The Patriots' team production crew also is barred from filming games this upcoming season, Garafolo added.

The league has been investigating New England since it was revealed the Patriots had a videographer film the Bengals' sideline from the Cleveland press box during a game late in the 2019 season.

At the time, the Patriots confirmed that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, did film the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game. The Patriots said they reached out to the Browns for a credential for a videographer to shoot a behind-the-scenes piece on an advance scout as part of their "Do Your Job" video series.

I think they got off lightly.
Cocaine

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 09 Oct 2021, 21:12

Sensational OU comeback in the Red River Shoot-out: came back from 28-7 down in 1Q and 38-20 at the half to win 55-48.

Hag-man

Postby Hag-man » 10 Oct 2021, 02:58

Aussie Rules comes to the NFL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UjFAR9FABU

This kind of pickup and kick/handpass happens about 100 times a game down here. Funny to see the broadcasters having no knowledge of the rule - but to fair, neither did Dickson....
Avant-garde? It's French for 'bullshit' - J. Lennon, 1965.

Chunky wrote: I'm a country member. I don't need to remember; I'm constantly reminded.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 10 Oct 2021, 06:13

Bama goes down!
Day-um!
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 12 Oct 2021, 03:51

I always respected Jon Gruden's commentary during MNF and I don't have much knowledge of him outside of his coaching past, so I don't know whether his sacking was as predicted or a complete shock....in any case, those emails prove he was a dick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/323 ... head-coach

Diamond Dog

Postby Diamond Dog » 18 Oct 2021, 14:39

never/ever wrote:I always respected Jon Gruden's commentary during MNF and I don't have much knowledge of him outside of his coaching past, so I don't know whether his sacking was as predicted or a complete shock....in any case, those emails prove he was a dick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/323 ... head-coach

It's easy to say now but there has always been a train of thought that Gruden inherited what Tony Dungy had put in place in Tampa which resulted in them winning the Superbowl under his tutelage. Certainly nothing since even begins to suggest he's the 'maverick genius' that appears to have become his tag since, in some quarters.

I myself have praised him as a sometimes entertaining coach, interviewee and TV personality. Sadly it appears that was all a carefully constructed facade by a guy who is, very evidently, an absolutely out-of-control bigot -against virtually all of humanity it seems . Well that part of humanity that doesn't look/sound somewhat similar to him.

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on and let's hope he doesn't get employed in the future in the NFL. And anywhere else, quite frankly.
Cocaine

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 21 Oct 2021, 02:32

I always thought Gruden was a dick. He had his moments as a couch and entertaining TV guy but he always came across as a deuche.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Nov 2022, 20:19

Can Michigan pull this one off? 31-20 in the 4th, and they have all the momentum. I'm secretlly rooting for them, although all my Ohio friends will be super bummed.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 26 Nov 2022, 20:42

Ouch. What a beatdown. If Michigan had just ground it out like last year that might have been more palatable to Buckeye fans, but Ohio gave up huge, monster plays to Michigan all day.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 27 Nov 2022, 08:56

Today's results may even see Bama back in CFP-contention.
What a bizarre weekend.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 09 Dec 2022, 00:41

Buckeyes back in the playoffs. They needed the Trojans and Horned Frogs to lose, and both did! Guess the football gods love Ohio.

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 09 Dec 2022, 08:44

pcqgod wrote:Guess the football gods love Ohio.

Or set them up for another humiliation by Michigan....

Return to “Sporting Life”