How to have my entire MP3 library available to me at all times?

Computer issues and app recommendations
Snowdog
Real Doyen
Location: Sitting at the back, looking cool but feeling all alone.

How to have my entire MP3 library available to me at all times?

Postby Snowdog » 01 Sep 2017, 13:48

Honestly, you'd think was asking for the moon!

So, here's the deal...

I'd like to upload my entire MP3 library to a cloud location.

I'd like to have an app that can look at my library & see all the metatags that I've lovingly crafted over the years (not the actual names of the files on the hard drive) so that it all sorts the way I like it to sort.

I'd like to be able to save some items to my phone, in case the signal drops out, but generally speaking, I have 32GB of data on my contract so I'm generally fine with streaming them from the cloud location.

I don't want MY MP3s replaced by someone else's equivalent audio files.

I don't want the sleeve art I've added to each album replaced by something different.

I want albums to play back seamlessly, so that I don't get gaps or glitches between tracks.

So far I've tried Apple Music, Google Play Music & iBroadcast & none of them meet the above criteria.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? (And yes, I am that close to writing this fucking app myself.)
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

Snowdog
Real Doyen

Re: How to have my entire MP3 library available to me at all times?

Postby Snowdog » 01 Sep 2017, 14:10

Google Play Music comes closest.

Access to my entire MP3 library, all my metatags intact, cover art intact but a slight glitch between tracks.

I have a free account. They have a 50,000 song limit & no one track can be over 300mb.

So in theory, I could create a single track out of each of my albums & upload those instead. But that's not really the point.
"Elements of the past & future, combining to make something not quite as good as either."

JQW

Postby JQW » 06 Sep 2017, 13:44

You used to be able to do this with Microsoft's Groove Music. The only downside is that it used storage capacity from OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage account.

It may still work - I stopped using it after I cancelled my Office 365 subscription about 18 months ago, which lost me the extra OneDrive storage capacity.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Joe Baxter

Postby Joe Baxter » 08 Sep 2017, 10:28

People actually listen to MP3 files?

Snowdog
Real Doyen

Postby Snowdog » 08 Sep 2017, 16:44

Don't be an arse.

Return to “OK Computer?”