Apple photo

Computer issues and app recommendations
bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Apple photo

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Oct 2015, 14:10

I done got old. Time was, I used to understand how my phone and computer and all that worked. Not any more. Does anyone on here understand these things? Here's my latest confusion.

If I take a photo on my iPhone, it automatically appears in the Photo app on my Mac Book Pro. Ditto for videos. I've now run out of space on my iPhone. So if I delete it on my iPhone, will it still be on my laptop? How do I know? I don't want to go deleting photos only to find in a month's time that they're no longer there, or something else equally irritating that I've not thought of yet.

Does anyone know how all this works? Is there a simple way to make sure that all the photos and videos on my phone are also on my laptop (and therefore also being backed up on my external drive) before I delete them from the phone?

thanks.

Rayge

Re: Apple photo

Postby Rayge » 12 Oct 2015, 14:23

I don't actually have an iPhone, but it would make no sense to me if they were automatically backed up on to your computer but still susceptible to being deleted.
Is it not possible for you to copy the photo on to a folder on your desktop, or to use Cont D to duplicate them, to make sure?
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 12 Oct 2015, 15:24

Rayge wrote:Is it not possible for you to copy the photo on to a folder on your desktop, or to use Cont D to duplicate them, to make sure?

It would do in the short-term, yes, although there are several hundred of them, and I'd have to go through each one on my phone, then find it on the laptop, make a copy, then delete it from the phone. Which is going to be a bit time consuming. And will need doing again once I've taken a load more. Unless you can suggest a quick way of doing it?

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 12 Oct 2015, 22:53

Well, I may have misunderstood the problem, but I'd copy one phot to find out if deleting it on the phone deletes if from the computer. If it doesn't, problem solved. If it does, I'd google it - Apple fan sites will be all over it
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 19 Dec 2015, 20:12

Its the icloud sync!
Turn it off! ( if you dont like the option )
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

OzmafaDor

Apple photo

Postby OzmafaDor » 28 Aug 2017, 16:56

Its total BS and Apple is getting away with murder here.
NORD VPN - I recommend

Return to “OK Computer?”