DVD Shrink replacement.

Computer issues and app recommendations
F.o.W

DVD Shrink replacement.

Postby F.o.W » 21 Apr 2014, 18:47

I was using DVD shrink, but it died on me, does anybody know of any suitable replacement?
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it.

packrat

Re: DVD Shrink replacement.

Postby packrat » 21 Apr 2014, 20:25

Hello stranger! Start by having a read of this

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-fr ... ripper.htm

There are other overlapping categories of use linked as well, so read around a bit. Shout again if you aren't getting quite what you need from reading there.
the rat is back - more or less!

F.o.W

Postby F.o.W » 21 Apr 2014, 21:31

Hiya!
I was looking for something that would rip DVD's into ISO format, that I could burn off with CD Burner XP. DVD Shrink was playing up for a while, but a lack of support rendered it useless. I'm just anxious not to get bit by spyware.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it.

packrat

Postby packrat » 22 Apr 2014, 16:56

Look for Format Factory in that link above, that definitely will rip to iso.

DVDFab Decrypter, also listed there, is good for those 'difficult' discs. It is only part of the full DVDFab suite, but a very useful part.

HTH
the rat is back - more or less!

Return to “OK Computer?”