Glastonbury

Do talk back
Deebank
Resonator

Glastonbury

Postby Deebank » 24 Jun 2022, 20:12

Anyone there? Livestreaming?

I'm watching on iPlayer cos I'm old (and poor, and disorganised)

Supergrass were ace - smashed it. I was there in 95 for the debut at Worthy Farm of course - if anything they're better now!
Anyway, had had forgotten how great they were/are - All gorilla no chinchilla as my little brother somehow appropriately put it.

Sleaford Mods are entertaining for short spells but the only old northern bloke I ever realy enjoyed being abused by was MES.

Femi Kuti (correction: it was Seun Kuti - are they both Fela offspring?)... I can see talent oozing out of every pore of im and his band but like his old man, i find it hard to discern a tune. Missing the point? Probably. My afrobeat fan friends are scowling.

Idles are shite . I mean there were plenty of tuneless shouty chancers in the 80s, but on the whole they had at least one tune each to call upon... And no beards.

Currently enjoying St Etienne. Nice that Sarah Cracknell has got her mum in as a sort of low energy Bez.

Your thought...?
Last edited by Deebank on 25 Jun 2022, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Paid anghofio fod dy galon yn y chwyldro

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Re: Glastonbury

Postby ChrisB » 24 Jun 2022, 20:46

Set up to record Crowded House and Plant/Krauss, but watching Ray Donovan film at moment. Considering it's been 3 years since last one, lineup decidedly underwhelming. Apparently, McCartney going to play for just under three hours. God help us

Lord Rother
Location: breaking the legs of the bastard that got me framed

Postby Lord Rother » 24 Jun 2022, 21:02

How many notes can he hit in 3 hours?

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Jun 2022, 21:09

slightbreeze wrote:Set up to record Crowded House and Plant/Krauss, but watching Ray Donovan film at moment. Considering it's been 3 years since last one, lineup decidedly underwhelming. Apparently, McCartney going to play for just under three hours. God help us

The Horror!

No it'll be great... Probably.

Crowded House were great - and I'm no fan really - a few real 'Glasto moments'.
I enjoyed bits of Percy too - Battle of EVermore. I was convinced it was JPJ on mandolin.
I've been talking about writing a book - 25 years of TEFL - for a few years now. I've got it in me.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Jun 2022, 21:55

Suicide standing sucking in her cheeks
Too much lips and too much eyes
Hasn't slept for weeks

Forgotten how much I love the Mary Chain too - William Reed should switch in the drill noise guitar more often tho.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 24 Jun 2022, 22:44

Nice suit Boab.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 25 Jun 2022, 04:26

slightbreeze wrote: Apparently, McCartney going to play for just under three hours. God help us

:D
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

robertff

Postby robertff » 25 Jun 2022, 12:26

slightbreeze wrote:Set up to record Crowded House and Plant/Krauss, but watching Ray Donovan film at moment. Considering it's been 3 years since last one, lineup decidedly underwhelming. Apparently, McCartney going to play for just under three hours. God help us

Caught the last four or five songs of Plant/Krauss, quite like them together, like the strange sounds the band comes up with. Got both their albums both are pretty good.

robertff

Postby robertff » 25 Jun 2022, 12:27

GoogaMooga wrote:
slightbreeze wrote: Apparently, McCartney going to play for just under three hours. God help us

If his voice has improved I’ll be okay with that.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 25 Jun 2022, 12:38

robertff wrote:
GoogaMooga wrote:

If his voice has improved I’ll be okay with that.

If not, it won't be just a band on the run .....

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 25 Jun 2022, 16:27

I made the mistake of catching the first ten minutes of turbo whiner Eilish. Good greif, how does anyone put up with these self obsessed gen zers
You don't like me...do you?

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 25 Jun 2022, 18:41

So far, Crowded House were good, got stronger as set went on. Plant/Krauss a bit samey, but very professional....an audio True Detective Season One. Supergrass were superb!

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 25 Jun 2022, 19:52

My TV dropped the internet 4 or so songs into the Primal Scream set.
I thought that was fair comment and went to sleep but presumably they eventually played something worth hearing. I could check instead of watching to Noel's Low Hanging Fruits. I hope they rise to the occassion better than Oasis did in 95.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 Jun 2022, 09:11

slightbreeze wrote:So far, Crowded House were good, got stronger as set went on.

Agreed. I wondered why they took so long to get into it, the years having passed not withstanding but they were minus Tim Finn's vocals.
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 26 Jun 2022, 09:18

Deebank wrote: I could check instead of watching Noel's Low Hanging Fruits.

:) :lol:
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 26 Jun 2022, 09:37

Samoan wrote:
slightbreeze wrote:So far, Crowded House were good, got stronger as set went on.

Agreed. I wondered why they took so long to get into it, the years having passed not withstanding but they were minus Tim Finn's vocals.

And to make it worse, they opened with "Distant Sun", one of their very best. What should have been a spine tingler turned into a bit of a damp squib

robertff

Postby robertff » 26 Jun 2022, 11:39

Watched some of Noel’s whatever, he really hasn’t got much of a voice has he, found it quite grating at times.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Jun 2022, 19:03

Glasto trends:

Fender offset guitars (ie: Jazzmasters and Jaguars.. I got mine in the nineties :x )

Women. Loads of women in the biz these days, which is a good thing obviously.

robertff

Postby robertff » 26 Jun 2022, 19:27

Was looking forward to watching PM this afternoon on iplayer but the trusty old BBC have cocked it up.

Deebank
Resonator

Postby Deebank » 26 Jun 2022, 19:54

Just watched a bit of the Warm Duscher set from earlier today (Park Stage) - recommended!

(but not for everyone)

Return to “Yakety Yak”