Natty Dread

Do talk back
GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Natty Dread

Postby GoogaMooga » 19 Nov 2021, 10:03

I swear, this has got to be the nattiest cover I have ever seen! So wicked, so natty. Sylford Walker. Top groove. We recently had a thread that posed the question, have you ever bought a CD just for the cover. Well, here is one example. I did not hesitate for a second. I hit that button. Swung my card. Skin up sometimes. Lively up yourself. Irie.

"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Re: Natty Dread

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Nov 2021, 15:43

I suppose it's a cool enough photo, but the actual design of that album cover is otherwise absolutely appalling.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 19 Nov 2021, 16:03

der Freiherr wrote:I suppose it's a cool enough photo, but the actual design of that album cover is otherwise absolutely appalling.

Yeah, strip the photo of its graphic trimmings, and it is a very cool photo indeed.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

50 Shades Of Blue

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 19 Nov 2021, 23:29

I haven't heard it but it was mixed by King Tubby so should be good.
Looks like you lucked out.

Satta Massagana for Jimmy Dread
Cut off his ears and chop off his head
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses
As if i give a fuck
At best i think they suck

Return to “Yakety Yak”