25 years of The Score - Fugees do reunion world tour

Do talk back
Brickyard Jack

25 years of The Score - Fugees do reunion world tour

Postby Brickyard Jack » 21 Sep 2021, 21:03

What on earth went wrong?

The Score is a staggeringly good album, a genuine all time classic. Every track counts, and the overall feel of the record is incredible. It stands up immensely even now.
I saw the Fugees play at Wembley Arena in 1997, supported by then unknown Jay-Z. They were good, but perhaps not brilliant. Then they went their separate ways.
Wyclef has produced the most, and I have seen him a few times live, añd he delivers a sensational show. I have even been up on the stage with him (along with about 200 other people - his bodyguard helped me up). Lauren Hill came up with her brilliant solo record, still her only solo album, and then went off the rails. Pras released a classic first record and a less well received second. The firework shone brightly but fizzled out.
In 2005 they did a "reunion" tour, and I saw them at Hammersmith. They were alright, but really it was dominated by Wyclef but diluted.
I will have to think hard about this new tour.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Re: 25 years of The Score - Fugees do reunion world tour

Postby GoogaMooga » 21 Sep 2021, 21:29

Yeah, great album! As part of the picture, special mention should go to the OST of the doc, "When We Were Kings", where they get to sample ABBA.
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Return to “Yakety Yak”