Still Thick As A Brick - now what's that all about???

Do talk back
Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Still Thick As A Brick - now what's that all about???

Postby Neige » 07 Jun 2021, 07:02

A bit pointless, I reckon, but clearly done with a lot of love:

Blurb:
The album title does not accidentally reminiscent of the masterpiece Thick as a Brick from 1972 of British rock band JETHRO TULL. However, the debut from the international progressive rock project REFLECTION CLUB is not a new uptake of the original. Instead of this, Still Thick as a Brick is a very own tribute to the famous classic almost the same name. REFLECTION CLUB takes on the music style of JETHRO TULL in its most creative phase between 1972 and 1973, expand it with jazz and fusion elements, and create a nearly 48 minutes, independent composition divided into 11 parts. Like the 72 classic, Still Thick as a Brick is an elaborate concept album that does not include newspaper like St. Cleve Chronicle & Linwell Advertiser, but the complete monthly edition of a music magazine. In this, among other things, there are background articles for the album and its story, which can be read in the song lyrics printed there. In addition, the story in the album video is visualised as an opulent slideshow that extends across the entire surround and HD stereo mix of the enclosed DVD.

Excerpt:
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

C
Robust

Re: Still Thick As A Brick - now what's that all about???

Postby C » 07 Jun 2021, 08:43

Neige wrote:A bit pointless, I reckon, but clearly done with a lot of love:

Blurb:
The album title does not accidentally reminiscent of the masterpiece Thick as a Brick from 1972 of British rock band JETHRO TULL. However, the debut from the international progressive rock project REFLECTION CLUB is not a new uptake of the original. Instead of this, Still Thick as a Brick is a very own tribute to the famous classic almost the same name. REFLECTION CLUB takes on the music style of JETHRO TULL in its most creative phase between 1972 and 1973, expand it with jazz and fusion elements, and create a nearly 48 minutes, independent composition divided into 11 parts. Like the 72 classic, Still Thick as a Brick is an elaborate concept album that does not include newspaper like St. Cleve Chronicle & Linwell Advertiser, but the complete monthly edition of a music magazine. In this, among other things, there are background articles for the album and its story, which can be read in the song lyrics printed there. In addition, the story in the album video is visualised as an opulent slideshow that extends across the entire surround and HD stereo mix of the enclosed DVD.

Excerpt:

Thanks Felix - I really enjoyed that

For me, different enough to be interesting.

I will certainly track down the whole album

Robust stuff

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 07 Jun 2021, 09:50

C wrote:
Thanks Felix - I really enjoyed that

For me, different enough to be interesting.

I will certainly track down the whole album

Robust stuff

But isn't it the epitome of "derivative", C?

I do like it though, because it sounds perfect and also cosily familiar. :P

Here's some info about the project.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 07 Jun 2021, 10:16

Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I just don't need to hear it thanks.
You don't like me...do you?

C
Robust

Postby C » 07 Jun 2021, 14:46

Neige wrote:But isn't it the epitome of "derivative", C?

I do like it though, because it sounds perfect and also cosily familiar. :P

Here's some info about the project.

Yes Felix - derivative most certainly. Claptrap probably not.

Cosy is an excellent word.

Familiar but excitingly new.

I know Yomp disagrees but that is the way I felt about TAAB2.

Familiar yet different-ish and new

I'll track this down, listen to it on Qobuz and move on satisfied

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 14 Jun 2021, 22:57

Impressive.
“Erratic associate member”

C
Robust

Postby C » 15 Jun 2021, 09:19

More info here:

[A Berlin used band]

https://progarchy.com/2021/05/02/reflec ... s-a-brick/

C
Robust

Postby C » 15 Jun 2021, 09:22

Also available on Amazon CD + DVD

£19.36 which is brave. Perhaps a cheaper one CD job might sell more copies....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Still-Thick-Br ... 165&sr=8-3

Product description:
The album title does not accidentally reminiscent of the masterpiece Thick as a Brick from 1972 of British rock band JETHRO TULL. However, the debut from the international progressive rock project REFLECTION CLUB is not a new uptake of the original. Instead of this, Still Thick as a Brick is a very own tribute to the famous classic almost the same name. REFLECTION CLUB takes on the music style of JETHRO TULL in its most creative phase between 1972 and 1973, expand it with jazz and fusion elements, and create a nearly 48 minutes, independent composition divided into 11 parts. Like the 72 classic, Still Thick as a Brick is an elaborate concept album that does not include newspaper like St. Cleve Chronicle & Linwell Advertiser, but the complete monthly edition of a music magazine. In this, among other things, there are background articles for the album and its story, which can be read in the song lyrics printed there. In addition, the story in the album video is visualised as an opulent slideshow that extends across the entire surround and HD stereo mix of the enclosed DVD. Press reviews "Tull-Prog, which is not copied, but inspired, arranged and produced with passion and composite substance. Singer Paul Forrest shines, the fantastic design leaves nothing to be desired." Eclipsed magazine | "REFLECTION CLUB has definitely succeeded with this album inspired by JETHRO TULL's "Thick As A Brick" - a real overall work of art from book, newspaper, vinyl, CD and DVD - a progressive highlight of the year 2021!" (musikreviews.de) | "Still Thick As A Brick" does not actually need to hide from the big model "Thick As A Brick". "Fresh ideas and welcome trips to other areas (jazz, blues, fusion) ... more Jethro Tull feeling is hardly possible." (Classic Rock Magazine)

Return to “Yakety Yak”