Animals - new mix

Do talk back
Mike Boom

Animals - new mix

Postby Mike Boom » 03 Jun 2021, 16:30

never/ever

Re: Animals - new mix

Postby never/ever » 03 Jun 2021, 16:57

My old LP sounded really fine. Wi be interested only to hear if there is anything new to behold on it.
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

ChrisB
Can I Get To Widnes?

Postby ChrisB » 03 Jun 2021, 17:23

You can polish a turd .....

Pool Hall Richard

Postby Pool Hall Richard » 03 Jun 2021, 21:58

Great album but if no new material then its a hard sell for me just for an improved mix.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 04 Jun 2021, 00:07

I still like the album and play it every 2-3 months or so. Has the remix made it better? If so, I might.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Mike Boom

Postby Mike Boom » 04 Jun 2021, 00:16

Pool Hall Richard wrote:Great album but if no new material then its a hard sell for me just for an improved mix.

Indeed, you would think it would include some live material from the tour or something but apparently not.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jun 2021, 01:03

It's already a great sounding album so I'm not sure what the point of a remix is but I'd be interested to hear it, even if I'm not interested in paying money for it.

kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 04:09

trans-chigley express wrote:It's already a great sounding album so I'm not sure what the point of a remix is but I'd be interested to hear it, even if I'm not interested in paying money for it.

it is already. and i agree. i aint payin for it. damn, i bought it the day it came out. i saw em on this tour in baton rouge. i was still 13. what a fucquin show. fantastic.

but i hafta say this: sumthin has gone seriously wrong with roger, and it causes me some trouble. it does.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jun 2021, 05:28

kath wrote:
but i hafta say this: sumthin has gone seriously wrong with roger, and it causes me some trouble. it does.

I get the impression he's always been like that. He must have been a right royal pain in the ass to be in a band with but he was the creative force so they had to put with him.

What I love about Animals is that, despite the domination of Waters who takes the credit for nearly all the writing of it, it sounds like a real group effort musically with everyone at the top of their game and contributing great moments.

kath

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 10:28

trans-chigley express wrote:
kath wrote:

I get the impression he's always been like that. He must have been a right royal pain in the ass to be in a band with but he was the creative force so they had to put with him.

What I love about Animals is that, despite the domination of Waters who takes the credit for nearly all the writing of it, it sounds like a real group effort musically with everyone at the top of their game and contributing great moments.

i know he's probably always been arrogant and insufferable. but have you heard him lately? his political spewing now is just awful. on animals, he was so wonderfully orwellian. he's become what he used to hate, in a weird way.

i agree with you on the album, though. i once wrote a novel to yomp about it, mwhahaha.

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 13:03

Remixes can be a disaster

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jun 2021, 14:38

C wrote:Remixes can be a disaster

They can also be very good. My glass is half full till I hear it :)

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 04 Jun 2021, 14:39

kath wrote:
i agree with you on the album, though. i once wrote a novel to yomp about it, mwhahaha.

Don't waste good words on the cloth-eared.

robertff

Postby robertff » 04 Jun 2021, 17:27

For me it’s the last listenable to Floyd album until RW departed but I won’t be worrying about a remix version.

ConnyOlivetti
Probing The Sonic Heritage

Postby ConnyOlivetti » 04 Jun 2021, 18:37

kath wrote:

Gilmour says everything was fine up until and during the making of The Wall.
"
With Waters having been painted as the domineering force in Pink Floyd, his assertion that his relationship with David Gilmour had “fallen to pieces during the making of Wish You Were Here” did not come as much of a surprise. What did, however, was how Gilmour viewed the scenario.
“I can categorically tell you that’s untrue. Roger wanted to be the leader and the boss and in charge, which he, de facto, was,” Gilmour said. Yet Gilmour also maintains that, from his point of view, all was fine during the making of The Wall, despite him having only three co-writing credits.
There’s a lot of misconceptions about the start of major hostilities between myself and Roger,” he said. “We had a highly productive working relationship that operated pretty well through The Wall. There were some major arguments, but they were on artistic disagreements. The intention behind The Wall was to make the best record we could.”
source: https://www.loudersound.com/features/pi ... ling-album
Charlie O. wrote:I think Coan and Googa are right.

Un enfant dans electronica!
Je suis!

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 20:07

C wrote:Remixes can be a disaster

They can also be very good. My glass is half full till I hear it :)

Fair point Ray

robertff wrote:For me it’s the last listenable to Floyd album until RW departed but I won’t be worrying about a remix version.

My view too

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 04 Jun 2021, 20:27

kath wrote:
kath wrote:

i know he's probably always been arrogant and insufferable. but have you heard him lately? his political spewing now is just awful. on animals, he was so wonderfully orwellian. he's become what he used to hate, in a weird way.

rather than wonderfully Orwellian, it is just Orwellian. Literally. It is almost as if a twelve year old boy had read Animal farm and his teacher asked him to write some weak poems about it. And he got a C minus.
You don't like me...do you?

kath

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 20:36

yomptepi wrote:
kath wrote:

rather than wonderfully Orwellian, it is just Orwellian. Literally. It is almost as if a twelve year old boy had read Animal farm and his teacher asked him to write some weak poems about it. And he got a C minus.

yer gonna start with me on this?

and i taught uni poetry for years. i'm guessin i'm just a wee bit better at grading it than you are, mwhahaha.

but i don't really care if yer catastrophically wrong on this. where's my damn chart? do you still have it, yomp? i gotta get ready for the listen.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 07 Jun 2021, 06:15

"You know what would improve this album? A remix" is a thought that never, ever would have crossed my mind.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Return to “Yakety Yak”