PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf Hi Ho Silver Cloud!

Do talk back
kath
Groovy Queen of the Cosmos

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf @ 9pm [UK]

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:41

Six String wrote:That was a fun listen. It seems I am getting my education on German rock, a genre I barely dabbled in.

this is me, except i got a bit of an earlier education becuz of listens. it's true. hope yer hearin me, c. mwhaha.

love this damn album. love it.

thanks all. as ever...

a toast to absent friends.

*chink*

i hope everyone has a kickass/arse weekend.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 21:42

kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:
John aka Josh wrote:

The crowd noise at the beginning of La Dusseldorf I assume was recorded at the home ground of Fortuna Düsseldorf - symbol above.

The Floyd included a recording of the Kop singing You'll Never Walk Alone, recorded at Anfield, home of my beloved Liverpool F.C. on a song on Meddle. Had the Kop recording been made in '78, '79, '80 or '81 it would have included me.

oh yes I knew you were talking about the part of Meddle. Too funny you were there in 78-81. Wish some american band did this at Giants games in the late 70's and 80's I would have been there. :D

mwhahaha. well, y'all know how i am. the saints are the only band in town. brass bands play the whole time at every game (excluding the whole covid thing). they just wander around all the gates at the dome and play.

the year they won the super bowl I was in town for the first game - it was so fun walking around french quarter - game blasting from every bar and the night before the owner parading down bourbon street with his trademark umbrella.

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:42

A great album in great company

Thanks Chris
Thanks John
Thanks H/T
Thanks kath

To absent friends: Reap, Loki, Footy, Scally and Thomas and Klaus Dinger

*chink*

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Hightea

Re: PSL: Friday 4th June La Düsseldorf Hi Ho Silver Cloud!

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 21:43

great album thanks for the turn on C.
have a great weekend all.
going to be a hot one here in NY in the 90's. pool time!

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 04 Jun 2021, 21:43

Great listen!

To absent friends.

*chink*
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:43

kath wrote:
Six String wrote:That was a fun listen. It seems I am getting my education on German rock, a genre I barely dabbled in.

this is me, except i got a bit of an earlier education becuz of listens. it's true. hope yer hearin me, c. mwhaha.

love this damn album. love it.

thanks all. as ever...

a toast to absent friends.

*chink*

i hope everyone has a kickass/arse weekend.

::smacksmacksmacksmack::

:::::::::::::::smack::::::::::::::::::

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:44

Hightea wrote:great album thanks for the turn on C.
have a great weekend all.
going to be a hot one here in NY in the 90's. pool time!

Thanks for coming!

It's been pissing down here all down all day today!

Six String

Postby Six String » 04 Jun 2021, 21:44

Thanks everyone for sharing the music. It was wunnerful. Have a great weekend! My friend’s surfrock band is playing tonight at Two Rivers cider so I’ll be dropping in for at least the first set and maybe get some dancing in. Who am I kidding? I’ll be leaving when it is all over. While I am not a huge surf music fan it is live and they are quite good.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

C
Robust

Postby C » 04 Jun 2021, 21:45

LMG wrote:Great listen!

To absent friends.

*chink*

*chink*

kath

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 21:49

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:
oh yes I knew you were talking about the part of Meddle. Too funny you were there in 78-81. Wish some american band did this at Giants games in the late 70's and 80's I would have been there. :D

mwhahaha. well, y'all know how i am. the saints are the only band in town. brass bands play the whole time at every game (excluding the whole covid thing). they just wander around all the gates at the dome and play.

the year they won the super bowl I was in town for the first game - it was so fun walking around french quarter - game blasting from every bar and the night before the owner parading down bourbon street with his trademark umbrella.

gotdamn!!!! dude!!!!

i remain confident we will meet up at some point.

were you there when they had the parade? they planned the parade before, of course. they were still gonna have it if the saints lost. nobody was not gonna honor them, whatever the result. everybody was so proud. the streets from the airport when they came back were lined, the parade was batshit crowded... and watchin coach shake his bootay to ac/dc... the city went berserk in such a great way.

meanwhile, when the colts and payton manning got home to their airport, there were like 12 fans there.

... new orleans. sigh.

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 04 Jun 2021, 22:26

kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:

gotdamn!!!! dude!!!!

were you there when they had the parade? they planned the parade before, of course. they were still gonna have it if the saints lost. nobody was not gonna honor them, whatever the result. everybody was so proud. the streets from the airport when they came back were lined, the parade was batshit crowded... and watchin coach shake his bootay to ac/dc... the city went berserk in such a great way.

meanwhile, when the colts and payton manning got home to their airport, there were like 12 fans there.

... new orleans. sigh.

no but I routed for them all that year. You know I love NOLA I'll be back. Yes someday we will meet!! One of my good friends has her kid at Tulane he loves it! duh!

kath

Postby kath » 04 Jun 2021, 22:35

Hightea wrote:
kath wrote:
Hightea wrote:the year they won the super bowl I was in town for the first game - it was so fun walking around french quarter - game blasting from every bar and the night before the owner parading down bourbon street with his trademark umbrella.

gotdamn!!!! dude!!!!

... new orleans. sigh.

no but I routed for them all that year. You know I love NOLA I'll be back. Yes someday we will meet!! One of my good friends has her kid at Tulane he loves it! duh!

fanfucquintastic.

i told this story some months ago, but it's been awhile since i taught classes. one of my students who took everything i taught named her first male spawn after my brit lit I class. she named him saxon. (i *did* tell her she was crazy. i did.)

after winnin debate scholarhips into penn and all, he recently got into harvard law school.

gotta take the (vicarious) victories, mwhahaa.

C
Robust

Postby C » 05 Jun 2021, 15:24

kath wrote:i told this story some months ago, but it's been awhile since i taught classes. one of my students who took everything i taught named her first male spawn after my brit lit I class. she named him saxon. (i *did* tell her she was crazy. i did.)

after winnin debate scholarhips into penn and all, he recently got into harvard law school.

gotta take the (vicarious) victories, mwhahaa.

Nice story.

They say everybody remembers a good teacher

Well done kath!

[It also indicates how old you are....!]

mwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Return to “Yakety Yak”