PSL: Airplane/Traffic: Plastic Fantastic Fantasy!

Do talk back
Six String

Re: PSL: Airplane/Traffic: Plastic Fantastic Fantasy!

Postby Six String » 28 May 2021, 22:25

In days past this would be the JUoA weekend (Memorial Day weekend for the U.S.). Would love to another one under my belt so we can call it a FootyUp.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Six String

Postby Six String » 28 May 2021, 22:27

It’s not possible to leave off Glad from a road comp. unh uh.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

LMG
Gentleman Thug

Postby LMG » 30 May 2021, 10:10

From wikipedia:

"Interviewed by Jeff Tamarkin[5] at "Music & Musicians", answering a question about the choice of Jefferson Airplane's song for this album, Benson said: «I had never heard of it before. I’d never even heard of the group! It sounded so bizarre, as opposed to what I wanted to do. But I have never run away from a challenge.» The track that named the album was Don Sebesky's initiative as he recognized to Marc Myers in an interview at "JazzWax",[6] after listening to Jefferson Airplane's record Surrealistic Pillow, which was released by RCA Records in 1967 and he brought the proposal of the album to Creed Taylor: «I suggested we do White Rabbit in a Spanish mode. He agreed. George Benson doesn’t read music. He just heard the song and automatically fell into the groove. It shows you that music doesn’t exist on the page, only in the air.»"
"Nothing would count as a fulfilment in a world in which literally nothing is important but self-fulfilment."

- Charles Taylor

Return to “Yakety Yak”