Qobuz [update: but still buying the CDs/LPs....?]

Do talk back
jimboo

Re: Qobuz [update: but still buying the CDs/LPs....?]

Postby jimboo » 25 May 2021, 21:16

Hugh wrote:I’m not convinced by MQA but given that the non-hi res stuff on Qobuz and Tidal is CD quality, it’s all good really from a sound quality perspective. I do agree that you need a certain quality of equipment to really appreciate streaming but I think that’s true of Hifi generally.

As always Hugh, wise words. C D quality is indeed good enough. So many people use their computer and ask about Bluetooth capability when it's not really what you should be aiming for if sound quality is important to you.
If I jerk- the handle jerk- the handle you'll thrill me and thrill me

C
Robust

Postby C » 26 May 2021, 10:01

Talking of quality, I bought this for the conservatory - when I'm sitting in my armchair doing the crossword

Replete with Flexson stand £200.

For that money it's superb sound (and it hasn't got any of the Siri nonsense - so it doesn't talk to me)

WiFi not Bluetooth

Very nice

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 26 May 2021, 12:29

C wrote:Talking of quality, I bought this for the conservatory - when I'm sitting in my armchair doing the crossword

For that money it's superb sound (and it hasn't got any of the Siri nonsense - so it doesn't talk to me)

WiFi not Bluetooth

Very nice

Is this a stereo speaker, C or does it fold 2 channels down to one?

C
Robust

Postby C » 27 May 2021, 16:30

Hugh wrote:
C wrote:Talking of quality, I bought this for the conservatory - when I'm sitting in my armchair doing the crossword

WiFi not Bluetooth

Very nice

Is this a stereo speaker, C or does it fold 2 channels down to one?

Both Hugh

Buy a second speaker and you have full stereo

I have it on the little occasional table on my right less than two feet from my ear.

It sounds great.

I was telling Mrs C that I have always been impressed with the sound system in my Mercedes E class but after listening to this I recall getting into the car and the car system sounding week in comparison.

I don't know the technical lingo but the separation is superb an the range of sound frequencies from deep basic to high treble sounds really good with the right amount of depth and brightness.

I love it

Lord Rother wrote:And there was me thinking you'd say "Fair enough, you have a point Bob".

C
Robust

Postby C » 30 May 2021, 17:14

C wrote:
Both Hugh

I think that's the answer.... :?

Return to “Yakety Yak”