JUOTA 2010 SAN FRANCISCO May 27-31

Events people say they're coming to until a day or so before the event.
Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Re: JUOTA 2010 SAN FRANCISCO May 27-31

Postby Minnie the Minx » 16 Jun 2010, 18:26

T. Willy Rye wrote: Minnie, do you radiate some kind of good fortune?

It's on my list of talents :lol:
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

toomanypillowz
Location: The Historic Wilshire Vista District in Los Angeles

Postby toomanypillowz » 19 Jun 2010, 02:19

sloopjohnc wrote: I'd probably hit every green light.

Yes. You would literally HIT the light. I've been in your car before! :lol:
Lance Matthew wrote:Oh, I've always inspired extreme reactions. I can reduce normal people to screaming harpies in minutes.

toomanyhatz wrote: Fuck you with a Craftsman rotary drill.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 28 Jun 2010, 22:16

Finally got round to listening to Six String's JU CD and properly listened to Twillyrye's again. Les, I'll be honest, yours is the one found the most...challenging..that kind of stuff is the music I would generally cross the road to avoid, but the truth is that when you have met a BCBer who has made the disc and you put it into a different context it just sounds different somehow - and I gave it a second spin. I'll probably try and give it another go when the sun is shining, but as this is Lancashire, this may happen in 2011.

Eric, I am really fond of yours, and have used it as the girlie getting - ready - to go - out and party disc several times already.

Nice one, lads!

Regrettably, I cannot find hatz cd anywhere, but it may still be stuffed in my suitcase, under several pine cones and some bras.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 29 Jun 2010, 04:59

Minnie the Minx wrote:Eric, I am really fond of yours, and have used it as the girlie getting - ready - to go - out and party disc several times already.

I'm choosing to focus on the party aspect of your preparation and neglecting the girlie. For the record there is no Cyndi Lauper on my disc.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 30 Jun 2010, 14:55

Minnie the Minx wrote:but it may still be stuffed in my suitcase, under several pine cones and some bras.

That sounds painful.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

Six String

Postby Six String » 05 Jul 2010, 16:43

Minnie the Minx wrote:Finally got round to listening to Six String's JU CD and properly listened to Twillyrye's again. Les, I'll be honest, yours is the one found the most...challenging..that kind of stuff is the music I would generally cross the road to avoid, but the truth is that when you have met a BCBer who has made the disc and you put it into a different context it just sounds different somehow - and I gave it a second spin. I'll probably try and give it another go when the sun is shining, but as this is Lancashire, this may happen in 2011.

Eric, I am really fond of yours, and have used it as the girlie getting - ready - to go - out and party disc several times already.

Nice one, lads!

Regrettably, I cannot find hatz cd anywhere, but it may still be stuffed in my suitcase, under several pine cones and some bras.

Well then I've failed in my eyes. I was trying to create a disc of jazz oriented music that the uninitiated could get behind. I really wasn't trying to make it difficult. :( Maybe next time. ;)
On the other hand, play it once a year or so and it might seep in like a festering wound. :twisted:
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 05 Jul 2010, 16:51

Six String wrote:
Minnie the Minx wrote:Finally got round to listening to Six String's JU CD and properly listened to Twillyrye's again. Les, I'll be honest, yours is the one found the most...challenging..that kind of stuff is the music I would generally cross the road to avoid, but the truth is that when you have met a BCBer who has made the disc and you put it into a different context it just sounds different somehow - and I gave it a second spin. I'll probably try and give it another go when the sun is shining, but as this is Lancashire, this may happen in 2011.

Nice one, lads!

Well then I've failed in my eyes. I was trying to create a disc of jazz oriented music that the uninitiated could get behind. I really wasn't trying to make it difficult. :( Maybe next time. ;)

Well, I thought it was ace!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2010, 14:44

I knew you would like it Baron but you were in the minority group for my project. I really did try to make it as accessible as I could without dumbing down or making it something I wouldn't listen to myself.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 06 Jul 2010, 17:04

Les I wouldn't be downhearted, I am painfully narrowminded about some genres and it's not something I am proud of but it's a fact! It doesn't detract from your specialness as an individual *positive strokes galore*

Six String wrote:I knew you would like it Baron but you were in the minority group for my project. I really did try to make it as accessible as I could without dumbing down or making it something I wouldn't listen to myself.

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 06 Jul 2010, 17:13

Minnie the Minx wrote:Les I wouldn't be downhearted, I am painfully narrowminded about some genres and it's not something I am proud of but it's a fact! It doesn't detract from your specialness as an individual *positive strokes galore*

Six String wrote:I knew you would like it Baron but you were in the minority group for my project. I really did try to make it as accessible as I could without dumbing down or making it something I wouldn't listen to myself.

I know. Everything's cool. I was having a melt down yesterday over the new computer. :twisted: but I'm better today. It's not like I expected you to love it anyway. Listening to something so different is almost like being in another country and not knowing the language. It might eventually make sense to you but no worries if it doesn't of course. I really did want to make something less difficult for the uninitiated without selling my soul to the devil. :D
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 Jan 2011, 19:55

Minnie the Minx wrote:Oh go on then.

1.Baron
2.Minnie

:D

Dr Markus wrote:

Six String

Postby Six String » 30 Jan 2011, 02:53

:?
:?:
Are you trying to say you'll be in SF in May?
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 30 Jan 2011, 02:56

Six String wrote::?
:?:
Are you trying to say you'll be in SF in May?

I think Min is emphasizing certain serendipitous situations?
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 26 Mar 2011, 19:40

Just given T Willy Ryes JU comp another spin - marvellous stuff.

Dr Markus wrote:

T. Willy Rye
Spinner of crazy fuck-ass shit

Postby T. Willy Rye » 27 Mar 2011, 22:25

Minnie the Minx wrote:Just given T Willy Ryes JU comp another spin - marvellous stuff.

:D

I'll have to send you a special wedding mix.

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 27 May 2019, 17:02

Nine years ago to the day I met Baron!

Dr Markus wrote:

Walk In My Shadow
Hello Laydeez

Postby Walk In My Shadow » 28 May 2019, 19:22

Minnie the Minx wrote:Nine years ago to the day I met Baron!

The earth shook, I believe.
Beneluxfunkmeisterlurvegod

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 31 May 2019, 16:43

zoomboogity wrote:Andy and I were talking about how easy it is to romanticize a city when all you ever do in it is hang out for a short while, don't put yourself through what it takes to actually be able to live there... and, conversely, have limited time to relax and enjoy it. I've been taking trips to SF for the last thirty years, and it's never been anything but a complete blast. A lot of places I like, but few I love, and I love that town.

Ah, Richard....................a good night. Rest in peace amigo.
Bless the weather.......Image

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 31 May 2019, 19:01

:(

Dr Markus wrote:

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 20 May 2020, 18:17

Nearly ten years ago, folks. Can you imagine?

Dr Markus wrote:

Return to “Footy Ups”