Stu (Vieira)

As it says on the tin. Contains the In Memoriam, birthday greetings and splicing announcements of this community.
Arthur Crud

Postby Arthur Crud » 10 Aug 2006, 00:48

Phew....I only knew him from other sections of the board but he was always very enthusiastic and generous. Puts a lot of stuff into perspective. RIP Stu.

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 10 Aug 2006, 01:35

This is very very sad news. I'm gutted. I had exchanged a few discs with him and he always seemed to be a top dude.

RIP STU!
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

The Write Profile
2017 BCB Cup Champ

Postby The Write Profile » 10 Aug 2006, 02:32

Yeah, this is sad. Seemed like a really nice, genuine person. Condolenses go out to those closest to him.

RIP
It's before my time but I've been told, he never came back from Karangahape Road.

Prince Of Peace
Arisen From the Ashes

Postby Prince Of Peace » 10 Aug 2006, 06:06

I feared the worst when this cropped up in 'another section' as no one hearing from him for awhile.

I met Stu twice and exchanged CD's with him. A true BCBer - lovely guy, friendly, generous and funny too. This is desperately sad news.

My sincere condolences to his family - 40ish is no time to die. They've lost a child too, if I remember? Life isn't fucking fair, is it? Puts all my pissy panted whinging into perspective, I guess. :oops: :cry:

I shall raise a glass (or 12) to him on the 19th. I'm sure you'll all be joining me?

sensi

Postby sensi » 10 Aug 2006, 07:00

I'm shocked...he swapped many a CD with me and sent me links to see stuff I hadn't seen before...I had noticed he wasn't online here but the reason why has left me deeply upset.

I can't even imagine how his Wife must feel but my condolences go out to her.

Thanks for all the sharing Stu RIP

Jock

Postby Jock » 10 Aug 2006, 07:47

I just can't get my head around it. Stu was one of the first guys to welcome me to BCB. He'll be sadly missed. Thoughts go to his family.
Always Cheated Never Defeated

K

Postby K » 10 Aug 2006, 07:51

I'm totally shocked. I often ended up before/after Stu on chains. We passed many PMs to each other.

RIP

James R
the grocer of despair

Postby James R » 10 Aug 2006, 08:16

Jeff K wrote::cry:

That's about all I can think of to say right now other than "holy shit".
I suspected something must be wrong, but not this.
pcqgod wrote:I like how Liebling progresses from a rotting, animated corpse living in his parents' basement to a slightly more life-affirming walking corpse by the end of the movie.

Goat Boy wrote:I recall a midget with large tits dancing.

The Fish
Beer Battered

Postby The Fish » 10 Aug 2006, 08:22

What can I say ? Dreadful news.

I kept suggesting he should post more on YY as he was clearly knowledgable about music. Having met him in person I can comfirm he was a fine fellow indeed and great company. On a personal note, I recall that despite not being a regular as such on the main forums and only ever having been to one jolly up, he made a point of attending my 50th Birthday celebrations last year. God bless you Stu.
We're way past rhubarb

Brother Spoon
Billy Crystal

Postby Brother Spoon » 10 Aug 2006, 08:48

Very sad news.

RIP.

Jumper k

Postby Jumper k » 10 Aug 2006, 08:57

Shocking and tragic news.
I exchanged much music with Stu. Met him once and can affirm that he was one of lifes good guys. My sincere condolences to his family.
As it is the first time we have lost a valued member of our community does anyone think we should mark Stu's passing in some way?

Owen
definitely not Travolta

Postby Owen » 10 Aug 2006, 09:03

Horrible horrible news, still not quite sinking in. I never met him but remember him back to the Mojo days and, dreadfully, his losing a child was one of the first things that kind of made people realise this was a community of people you cared about and now this, life just isn't fair at all. I can't even imagine what his wife is going through.

andymacandy
"Liberal Airhead"

Postby andymacandy » 10 Aug 2006, 09:19

Maybe we could put a small memorial to him under the Black Cat Bone header for a while?
As I said on the other thread, a lovely bloke, and I wish I knew him better.
His poor wife.
A very sad day.
Bless the weather.......Image

JQW

Postby JQW » 10 Aug 2006, 09:31

Very sorry to hear this.

I'm not sure if I ever met him, though. Which London jolly-up did he attend - was it the one 2 years ago that I missed?

I've been through deaths on a couple of other on-line communities, although those two were both expected.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

doctorlouie
AKA Number 16 Bus Shelter

Postby doctorlouie » 10 Aug 2006, 09:34

So sad. I never met him, nor formed a clear picture of him, but it's so sad. Thanks to Smamf for contacting his family. That can't have been easy as I suspect we were thinking the unthinkable.

Condolences to his family.

If anyone needs a contribution (charity/flowers) then I'm in.

Footy
Filler

Postby Footy » 10 Aug 2006, 10:02

What absolutely horrible news.

I had very little to do with him personally apart from an exchange of PMs with him on Mojo when his child died.

I really don't know what to say other than to echo the thoughts of everyone else here.

R.I.P. Stu.
Grab your coat sweetheart....I've got a knife.

beenieman

Postby beenieman » 10 Aug 2006, 10:41

Hag-man just emailed me with the news.

It had passed my mind that maybe he was not well when he was absent and a number of us commented on it but what a shock to hear of this.

All the best to his wife and family.

Sad news.

funky_nomad
paranoid

Postby funky_nomad » 10 Aug 2006, 10:45

:cry:
Just a penitent man

bhoywonder
The Magnificent

Postby bhoywonder » 10 Aug 2006, 10:49

As I said on the other thread, from the PMs I exchanged with him, he was a beautiful man.

Delgado

Postby Delgado » 10 Aug 2006, 10:58

I've only just read this and I'm totally shocked.

Nothing more I can say other than my thoughts are with his wife and family.
"I don't want to see a ghost/It's the sight I fear most/I'd rather have a piece of toast"

Return to “Births, Marriages & Deaths”