70s KnockOut Cup- SF 4 *Modernist 13- echolalia 8*

What it says on the tin.
Polishgirl

Re: 70s KnockOut Cup- SF 4

Postby Polishgirl » 29 Dec 2018, 11:18

Oh. I find A a bit twee.

Like B a lot. It builds very pleasingly.

B
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Rayge

Postby Rayge » 29 Dec 2018, 13:39

a - never heard of this guy, and I know it's the 1970s, but why has an Italian balladeer got a sleeve showing himself fully clothed while Radiah (I presume) is naked and fondling him? Perhaps it's to distract from the (lack of) quality of the music therein. Italy has never made a positive contribution to popular (or indeed classical - Verdi can fuck right off) music that I'm aware of, and this a pile of dreary shit certainly hasn't changed anything. 2 / 10
b - at least Babs has kept her kit on, which will be enough to win this - oh and she's got a voice. Oh, a really good voice. And that's her on the piano, too. What does our Ern do? - guitar bass vocals and sitar apparently, but not on this track. Well, that was an unexpected treat, a nice piece of gospelly soul vocalizing with a decent song and lyric, and no ruinous hint of fu*k, that was well worth the wade through the swamp to find. Great googly moogly, 6.5 / 10

Thank you, B
In timeless moments we live forever

You can't play a tune on an absolute

Negative Capability...when a man is capable of being in uncertainties, Mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason”

never/ever

Postby never/ever » 31 Dec 2018, 09:57

The Modernist 13

echolalia 8
kath wrote:i do not wanna buy the world a fucquin gotdamn coke.

Return to “Other Competitions and Cups”