Madrid

How to get the very best from Planet Earth.
Fireplug

Madrid

Postby Fireplug » 03 Dec 2012, 19:21

I'm in Madrid tomorrow. Incredibly, after 14 years in Spain I've still never been. So, never mind all that museum bollocks, where are the good record shops?

Polishgirl

Re: Madrid

Postby Polishgirl » 03 Dec 2012, 19:31

Sod the record shops; this is the place to go:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/spain/madrid-monasterio-descalzas-reales

It's full of the most beautiful and/or mental works of religious art and full of atmosphere. You don't see the nuns, as they're a closed order, and you'll get more out of the tour than me and my friend did, as they only do them in Spanish. It's ACE!

The area round the Royal Palace and the Opera House is very elegant. And then, of course, there's all those art galleries.
echolalia wrote: I despise Prefab Sprout. It will be decades before “hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque” is surpassed as the most terrible lyric in pop history. That fucking bastard ruined all three things for me forever.

Pepito

Postby Pepito » 03 Dec 2012, 21:25

Discos Melocoton
Calle de la Salud, 10

La Metralleta
Plaza de las Descalzas

Escridiscos
Calle de Las Navas de Tolosa, 4

Fireplug

Postby Fireplug » 03 Dec 2012, 22:15

¡Gracias!

yomptepi
BCB thumbscrew of Justice

Postby yomptepi » 11 Mar 2019, 13:50

Brilliant destination. even though there was a national strike, international women's day and a fire brigade run launched outside my window at seven o'clock on a Sunday morning.It was still amazing. So much great food. Such a wonderful city culture. Loads of choice and all very reasonably priced. We walked a million miles, we drank a thousand drinks and we looked at some pictures by Pablo Picasso. And some very distressing pictures of the Civil War. I loved Madrid. And we only did about 1% of the things there are to do. I will be going again soon. Although not by Ryan air, and not from Stansted.
You don't like me...do you?

Jumper K

Postby Jumper K » 11 Mar 2019, 19:01

La Hora Del Vermut! :|

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 12 Mar 2019, 07:36

yomptepi wrote:Brilliant destination. even though there was a national strike, international women's day and a fire brigade run launched outside my window at seven o'clock on a Sunday morning.It was still amazing.

That sounds much like the Madrid I remember!

I need to go there soon; I haven't been back for years. Having small kids makes city breaks like that difficult and if we are to go on one in Spain then it's likely to Barcelona as my sister lives there. I think Madrid is one of the great cities for walking. It doesn't have the architecture or the rich and familiar history of a London or Paris but there's just something going on on absolutely every paving stone, every little district really does have its own character and atmosphere.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

Return to “All Around The World”