The Newbie Introduction Thread

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Chuck

Re: The Newbie Introduction Thread

Postby Chuck » 27 Feb 2020, 17:26

I think it was Manny, Moe & Jack you were drawn to! And why not?

I made a tactical error and got booted out in the third :(

Chuck

Postby Chuck » 27 Feb 2020, 17:27

Samoan wrote:I remember you, Welcome back Chuck! :)

I remember you too! How ya doin?

Samoan

Postby Samoan » 27 Feb 2020, 17:36

I'm in fine fettle, Thanks
Nonsense to the aggressiveness, I've seen more aggression on the my little pony message board......I mean I was told.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 12 May 2020, 14:34

I was an original Doyen (meaning that I was at the first jolly up I think). I've been lurking very occasionally for some years and I may be back sporadically but in truth I am nowhere near as obsessed with music as some of the people on here. I often feel like an interloper.

I am amazed that it is still a going concern. How is Jethro by the way? We owe all this to him... And Mojo's poor Internet connection speeds back in the day.
Mostly dancing sir,...

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 12 May 2020, 20:25

cheifwhat wrote:I was an original Doyen (meaning that I was at the first jolly up I think). I've been lurking very occasionally for some years and I may be back sporadically but in truth I am nowhere near as obsessed with music as some of the people on here. I often feel like an interloper.

I am amazed that it is still a going concern. How is Jethro by the way? We owe all this to him... And Mojo's poor Internet connection speeds back in the day.

Hey Cheif. Nice to see you. I have just recently come back myself, as have a few others.

Regarding music, I'm very much into local music here, so would be of no interest on this site. That's why I'm always in Nextdoorland. Love the peeps.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

cheifwhat

Postby cheifwhat » 13 May 2020, 11:31

where in the world are you?
Mostly dancing sir,...

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 13 May 2020, 14:22

cheifwhat wrote:where in the world are you?

Montreal, Quebec, Canada.Francophone background.
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

50 Shades Of Blue

Postby 50 Shades Of Blue » 12 Jun 2020, 22:52

Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Joe Baxter wrote:
Loki wrote:Did Mark quit Facebook?

He unfriended me on Facebook, apparently because he didn't like my posts about Scottish independence and politics, about which he knew fuck all.

And neither do you. :P

I unfriended you on Facebook not because I didn’t like your posts on Scottish Independece. I unfriended you because of your steadfast refusal to even consider any opinion ... and indeed facts ... that didn’t meet with your bigoted view of the world. You used to constantly demand other people gave proof of their facts and figures whilst blindly refusing to back up any of your own rants.

But most of all Joe, I unfriended you because you brought it down to personal insults and abuse. And I just couldn’t be arsed anymore.

8 months old but still funny :D
Some mother's talking 'bout Guns' n 'Roses
As if i give a fuck
At best i think they suck

Johnny Fartpants

Postby Johnny Fartpants » 23 Jun 2020, 18:08

50 Shades Of Blue wrote:
Johnny Fartpants wrote:
Joe Baxter wrote:
He unfriended me on Facebook, apparently because he didn't like my posts about Scottish independence and politics, about which he knew fuck all.

And neither do you. :P

I unfriended you on Facebook not because I didn’t like your posts on Scottish Independece. I unfriended you because of your steadfast refusal to even consider any opinion ... and indeed facts ... that didn’t meet with your bigoted view of the world. You used to constantly demand other people gave proof of their facts and figures whilst blindly refusing to back up any of your own rants.

But most of all Joe, I unfriended you because you brought it down to personal insults and abuse. And I just couldn’t be arsed anymore.

8 months old but still funny :D

Thanks! ;)
Beebsy wrote:Oh I see... you heard I came back and thought you'd steal my thunder, eh? Fuck off.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 Jul 2020, 05:39

Chuck wrote:I'd prefer to read opinions that are at least based on fact!

Like Jimbo's? :D

Neil Jung
Watcher Of The Skies

Postby Neil Jung » 02 Oct 2020, 22:08

cheifwhat wrote:I was an original Doyen (meaning that I was at the first jolly up I think). I've been lurking very occasionally for some years and I may be back sporadically but in truth I am nowhere near as obsessed with music as some of the people on here. I often feel like an interloper.

Hi Richard, good to see you’re still around. I’m not here much either! More on Facebook.
“Erratic associate member”

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 Jan 2021, 15:43

Good Day,
I'm not exactly a Newbie. It's just that I woke up today and for some reason maybe scientists can explain I suddenly remembered my BCB password. So I thought I'd quickly check in to let those who may be interested know that I'm still around, cooped up on our small ranch in Tomball TX. I may wander beyond the fence after January 20th. We still have "Trump County" signs in the neighbourhood, even after the coup attempt. Gotta love them Texans. Hope you are all well.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 08 Jan 2021, 16:18

Hello Mudshark!! :)
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 Jan 2021, 16:39

Hey buddy! Really good to read you're still around.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 08 Jan 2021, 16:57

Eric!! How fabulous to see you back here!

Have you been in touch with Neil at all? John Roussety I exchanged messages with him just before Christmas.

I still think Zappa's shit...
Bugger off.

Neige
Alpine Numpty
Location: On 2 oz of plastic with a hole in the middle (of nowhere)

Postby Neige » 08 Jan 2021, 17:05

mudshark wrote:Good Day,
I'm not exactly a Newbie. It's just that I woke up today and for some reason maybe scientists can explain I suddenly remembered my BCB password. So I thought I'd quickly check in to let those who may be interested know that I'm still around, cooped up on our small ranch in Tomball TX. I may wander beyond the fence after January 20th. We still have "Trump County" signs in the neighbourhood, even after the coup attempt. Gotta love them Texans. Hope you are all well.

Hey, Mudshark, great to hear from you.

This place has been getting rather moribund of late, but it still feels like home.
Thumpety-thump beats plinkety-plonk every time. - Rayge

Robert

Postby Robert » 08 Jan 2021, 17:50

Cale missed you!

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 08 Jan 2021, 18:09

Hey mudshark!
I actually called someone in Tomball last week!
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 Jan 2021, 19:42

Hey Minnie,
It's been at least 18 months since I last was in touch with Neil. As you know he's not well and frankly I've dreaded contacting him more recently, fearing the worst. I dearly miss him. Tomball has a population of 5,438 so whoever you called, I probably know him/her. Talking of Zappa: Junior was the last concert I attended pre-pandemic. It was in Austin, Feb 24th and of course he was fantastic, like his daddy would have been.

Robert, I must have fallen asleep on the couch when Cale was downstairs.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 08 Jan 2021, 19:44

Rorsch, Neige, just wonderful and reassuring to hear you guys are still around. It means not everything has gone down the drain. Let's get vaccinated and wasted.

Return to “Nextdoorland”