36%
No
64%

Total votes: 47

mudshark

Re: Have you had covid poll

Postby mudshark » 06 Mar 2022, 20:34

I
Last edited by mudshark on 06 Mar 2022, 20:39, edited 2 times in total.
There's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 06 Mar 2022, 20:39

Was in Wuhan for business late 2019. Bought me some bat at the local market, out of curiosity. Tastes like chicken. Too many bones and not enough meat. Afterwards we flew to Italy for a skiing vacation. Felt a bit off, but the intake during the crowded apres-ski events made it go away. So no, I don't think I've ever been infected.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 06 Mar 2022, 20:47

mudshark wrote:Was in Wuhan for business late 2019. Bought me some bat at the local market, out of curiosity. Tastes like chicken. Too many bones and not enough meat. Afterwards we flew to Italy for a skiing vacation. Felt a bit off, but the intake during the crowded apres-ski events made it go away. So no, I don't think I've ever been infected.

Sounds like you were well out of it. If you had been at Bill Gates's house then you might have been a spreader, but your itinerary looks okay.

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 07 Mar 2022, 10:14

I was Covid positive and unwell for 3 weeks in February. The rest of my family had at the end of last year but I escaped it.

Rorschach
Location: The north side of my town faces east, and the east faces south

Postby Rorschach » 07 Mar 2022, 13:24

My wife and son had it at the beginning of the year but I escaped. I've been pretty careful and never had any significant symptoms so I'm pretty sure I haven't had it.

The most recent wave was the one when I thought I would get it though. I knew very few people who caught it up till the end of last year and suddenly I was getting messages from all and sundry that they'd just tested positive. It seems to have almost disappeared again in Spain right now.
Bugger off.

trans-chigley express

Postby trans-chigley express » 09 Mar 2022, 06:12

Hong Kong's Covid statistics were minor until the current Omicron wave which has rampaged through the city. The dense population and high rise living environment has always meant the city is vulnerable but has managed remarkably well so far to prevent the spreading of Covid, even if some of the rules applied have been draconian and unnecessary. The highly contagious Omicron has proved one wave too far though. I think pretty much everyone in the city will get it at some point. Me and my family have avoided it so far but I have colleagues and friends who have had it in recent weeks.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 09 Mar 2022, 09:21

Not knowingly.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 03 May 2022, 18:28

Yes! On return from Oregon.
I can’t imagine what this would have felt like for the unvaccinated. I still feel shitty a couple of weeks later and could take up professional sleeping.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Hugh

Postby Hugh » 03 May 2022, 21:01

Had it a couple weeks ago. The COVID itself was not too bad - I’ve had much worse colds - but I was incredibly tired the week after.

Jimbly

Postby Jimbly » 14 May 2022, 23:46

Six days in at the moment since positive test, feel like I've been hit by a truck twice. Absolutely wiped out by it.

Did a new test today, went positive in seconds.
So Long Kid, Take A Bow.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 15 May 2022, 08:30

Jimbly wrote:Six days in at the moment since positive test, feel like I've been hit by a truck twice. Absolutely wiped out by it.

Did a new test today, went positive in seconds.

That scares me a bit. I tested positive yesterday and I really don't fancy being hit by a truck again.
You have my sympathy. I hope you feel better soon.
Bugger off.

Rorschach

Postby Rorschach » 15 May 2022, 08:34

It might be interesting to run this poll again. I'd like to see how different the result is.
Bugger off.

Belle Lettre
Éminence grise

Postby Belle Lettre » 15 May 2022, 08:34

The covid itself left me quite fast but I've been wheezing and coughing and rattling for weeks. It's only seems to be clearing now. Never had anything like this before apart from the odd bout of bronchitis in the bad old days of smoking.
Nikki Gradual wrote:
Get a fucking grip you narcissistic cretins.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 15 May 2022, 13:55

Rorschach wrote:It might be interesting to run this poll again. I'd like to see how different the result is.

Crack on, don't mind me. I still haven't had it yet.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 15 May 2022, 16:27

Wish for a speedy recovery for all y'all who caught the virus
I got famously infected early April, but I think I recovered alright.
Then my wife had it some time in Feb, and she 's just never been 100% ever since. Just niggly little bothers like occasional coughing and fatigue. She feels good for 3 days and then she'll have 2 iffy days. Doctor says this is what 'long covid' is all about. Scientifically we're a long way away from this being over, but mentally it's considered a thing of the past. This has to be so interesting for anthropologists and the likes; the Bubonic Plague was a huge disaster as from the 13th century or so. In the 15th century it was still fairly rampant, but at that time it only gets mentioned casually, not as something epidemic but more like: Oh, in Munster people got ill, some died. We're OK now. L'Histoire se repete.

Brickyard Jack

Postby Brickyard Jack » 15 May 2022, 18:17

mudshark wrote:Wish for a speedy recovery for all y'all who caught the virus
I got famously infected early April, but I think I recovered alright.
Then my wife had it some time in Feb, and she 's just never been 100% ever since. Just niggly little bothers like occasional coughing and fatigue. She feels good for 3 days and then she'll have 2 iffy days. Doctor says this is what 'long covid' is all about.

Sorry to hear that - it must be very miserable.

mudshark

Postby mudshark » 15 May 2022, 19:02

The expression 'all y'all' is just so nice. Maybe the reason I stick to Texas just now.
But next week wife & Co. are driving to Montana. ASAP because we've got a puppydog to deliver. Back through Yellowstone, Zion, Grand Canyon and Alburquerque. Seriously my first non-business trip this century. I'm worried already. We've got a tipi booked in Yellowstone. I can already see the mighty mudshark sitting in a fucking tent looking for a signal. It's supposed to be fun. I doubt it. I wish I could let well enough alone.

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Postby souphound » 16 May 2022, 01:10

mudshark wrote:The expression 'all y'all' is just so nice. Maybe the reason I stick to Texas just now.

That's funny because when I first read it, I didn't even notice or pause. It sounded natural as can be. And I'm a bilingual franco in Eastern Canada. I think I watch too much tv. :P
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 May 2022, 21:23

Just getting over my first bout of covid-19. I am triple vaxxed so it didn't hit me too hard, thankfully.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Six String

Postby Six String » 25 May 2022, 22:41

I sat next to a friend at a restaurant for two hours on Monday and he became symptomatic the next day and tested +. I got my second booster yesterday so hoping that might help me. Can’t make it any worse.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Return to “Nextdoorland”