No.
54%

Total votes: 13

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Ban Cigarettes

Postby Jimbo » 10 Feb 2019, 13:07

Bill would eventually make Hawaii first state to ban cigarette sales

Hilo, Hawaii -- A Big Island lawmaker has proposed incrementally increasing the minimum age to buy cigarettes until there was, for all practical purposes, a ban on their sale in Hawaii....
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-cig ... institute/

As a fully addicted vaper I could entirely leave raw tobacco products behind if the government doesn't fuck with vapping too - which it seems they are and that does freak me out. But I do discretely enjoy a Kool or two once or twice a week just to get the fullest nicotine kick I can. (I keep a pack and lighter secreted from my wife in a small secret pocket in my back pack.)

But is smoking cool? Yeah, I still think so. And it's fun. That's why cigarettes shouldn't be banned - because they're cool and fun. What they should ban are big tobacco companies and let small growers grow tobacco and let then make and sell chemical-free high nicotine (weed optional) ciggies.

Too many regulations for my liking anyway even in Tokyo which used to be a smokers' paradise. No smoking on the sidewalks, smoking closets in McDonald's closing, no smoking bars? WTF? Cars without ashtrays??? Sheeeit.
Question authority.

trans-chigley express

Re: Ban Cigarettes

Postby trans-chigley express » 10 Feb 2019, 13:19

Jimbo wrote:Cars without ashtrays???

Do any smokers ever use them anyway? They just flick it out the window.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 10 Feb 2019, 13:23

trans-chigley express wrote:

It's a matter of choice man. But then there is that satisfying nighttime rear view mirror sight of a chucked cigarette bouncing and sparkling on the road.
Question authority.

borofan

Postby borofan » 10 Feb 2019, 16:54

Jimbo wrote:

It's a matter of choice man. But then there is that satisfying nighttime rear view mirror sight of a chucked cigarette bouncing and sparkling on the road.

More like a matter of total fucking ignorance.
We're usually skipping around the function room in our long-johns by now...

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 10 Feb 2019, 17:04

Jimbo wrote:
Bill would eventually make Hawaii first state to ban cigarette sales

Hilo, Hawaii -- A Big Island lawmaker has proposed incrementally increasing the minimum age to buy cigarettes until there was, for all practical purposes, a ban on their sale in Hawaii....
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hawaii-cig ... institute/

I'm not sure if that's going to work. Congress has determined that manufacturing and selling cigarettes are legal activities, so I don't know if trying to do an end-run around that determination is going to fly. Could be an interesting legal fight.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

GoogaMooga
custodian of oldies

Postby GoogaMooga » 10 Feb 2019, 17:53

I'm a pack a day guy, I know I am killing myself. But I was a late starter, so I think I have got a grace period before I cut down. They are terribly addictive and then there are all those chemical ingredients, are they really all necessary? A pack is 40 DKK, in Norway more than double that, !00 NOK, like UK £10. That would help me cut down.

Three things I don't think will work:

ban on plastic carriers
ban on cigarettes
cash free economy
"When the desert comes, people will be sad; just as Cannery Row was sad when all the pilchards were caught and canned and eaten." - John Steinbeck

Flower

Postby Flower » 10 Feb 2019, 23:05

My porch smells like an ashtray from the Cunt next door. I've tried talking to her and suggested that she put up a plexiglass partition on her side of the divider (we are in a semi) but she only complains that I use air freshener .. better than smelling her smoke. She's taking no responsibility, claims that she has no money and leaves her young children alone when she comes out to pollute the air. She told me that she "can't help it that she smokes" and has no consideration that our porch stinks because of her, nor does she care.

Yes .. I'd love to see a ban on cigarettes but realize that there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell for this to happen. Too much money at stake. "Little guys" such as the corner convenience stores depend upon Lotto and cigarettes to survive or so I'm told. No to mention the entire tobacco industry.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 11 Feb 2019, 02:19

borofan wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

More like a matter of total fucking ignorance.

I was joking about "choice" like I am a libertarian but without car ashtrays - which were ubiquitous - more smokers likely will chuck their butts out the window.
Question authority.

Darkness_Fish

Postby Darkness_Fish » 11 Feb 2019, 09:24

I'm not really for banning anything, it's quite clear that the drugs market can't be policed effectively, and just adding cigs to the list of prohibited substances won't change much at all, aside from increasing criminality, and increasing risk to the buyer.

Banning smoking in public places, compulsory electric shocks for all those who casually flick their cigarette butts into the street, stamping 'twat' onto the foreheads of all smokers, that's fine.
Like fast-moving clouds casting shadows against a hillside, the melody-loop shuddered with a sense of the sublime, the awful unknowable majesty of the world.

Return to “Nextdoorland”