Coan's new board - It's all gone a bit Pete Tong

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks

Did you get invited?

YES, but I'll be staying where I am thank you very much
11%
YES, and I'm just stopping off here to say "see you suckers" to hoi palloi who didn't.
5%
YES, but I'll be using both until one or both goes tits up
30%
NO, and I'm spitting feathers
7%
NO, and I really couldn't give a shit
46%

Total votes: 56

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Re: Coan's new board.

Postby clive gash » 13 Jan 2019, 23:36

Have we not suffered enough?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jan 2019, 23:42

Darkness_Fish wrote: It's not meta enough for me yet.

This "meta" thing rings a bell. Is that not what Coan's shtick has been about all along? He's a "meta artist" and BCB is his pallate, relentlessly posting absurdity after absurdity to see if we'd go along - and we did. This new board is his pièce de résistance. And he's even got some suckers to go along.

Last edited by Jimbo on 13 Jan 2019, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

clive gash
wannabee enfant terrible

Postby clive gash » 13 Jan 2019, 23:44

53 of the fuckers!

He must be laughing his face off.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Diamond Dog wrote:...it quite clearly hit the target with you and your nonce...

...a multitude of innuendo and hearsay...

...I'm producing facts here...

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 13 Jan 2019, 23:46

Jimbo wrote:
Darkness_Fish wrote: It's not meta enough for me yet.

This "meta" thing rings a bell. Is that not what Coan's shtick has been about all along? He's a "meta" artists and BCB is his pallate, relentlessly posting absurdity after absurdity to see if we'd go along - and we did. This new board is his pièce de résistance. And he's even got some suckers to go along.

It's a conspiracy!

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 13 Jan 2019, 23:50

The Modernist wrote:
It's a conspiracy!

:lol:

No, but Coan does does show how easily, how little it can take to fool people.
Question authority.

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 14 Jan 2019, 09:19

Jimbo wrote: Is that not what Coan's shtick has been about all along? He's a "meta artist" and BCB is his pallate, relentlessly posting absurdity after absurdity to see if we'd go along - and we did.

And this is Jimbo posting this!
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 14 Jan 2019, 09:25

So apparently what had gone wrong with YY was people disagreed with Coan and now he has set up a board where people don’t disagree with him.
Is that right?
I can’t see anything else that setting up a different board with the same people posting the same old shit will achieve.

But it is nice that he has a hobby to stop him wandering Whitehaven shopping centre during the day freaking out the old people, my Uncle Dave lives up there and he doesn’t need that.
Moorcock, Moorcock, Michael Moorcock, you fervently moan.

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Jan 2019, 10:10

Copehead wrote:I can’t see anything else that setting up a different board with the same people posting the same old shit will achieve.

You didn't sign up, did you?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 14 Jan 2019, 10:40

Carlsson wrote:
Copehead wrote:I can’t see anything else that setting up a different board with the same people posting the same old shit will achieve.

I wasn't invited and as I haven't even looked at YY for months I can't think of a reason why I would.

If I am suddenly overcome with the desire to talk about The Stooges or The Fall I am sure you will contribute here and can't delete my posts when I say I don't really like Funhouse much.

`

Postby ` » 14 Jan 2019, 10:51

Carlsson wrote:

Initial flurry of posts over at perineum come to a halt then, John?

naughty boy
hounds people off the board

Postby naughty boy » 14 Jan 2019, 11:10

Not at all! just wanted to check how you and the other fellas are coping without me.

It'll take time, I guess. Best not to hang around this thread too much, tho' "Fuery" - get out and do something with your life! Weren't you a keen flower arranger?
Matt 'interesting' Wilson wrote:So I went from looking at the "I'm a Man" riff, to showing how the rave up was popular for awhile.

C
Robust

Postby C » 14 Jan 2019, 12:30

Pathetic

:lol:
mudshark wrote:Where is he anyway, that very soft lad?

The Modernist
2018 BCB Cup Champ!

Postby The Modernist » 14 Jan 2019, 12:42

Copehead wrote:So apparently what had gone wrong with YY was people disagreed with Coan and now he has set up a board where people don’t disagree with him.
Is that right?

No. Try again.

Flower

Postby Flower » 14 Jan 2019, 12:44

In a word "YAWN" .. who cares?
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

C
Robust

Postby C » 14 Jan 2019, 13:26

Flower wrote:In a word "YAWN" .. who cares?

That's an excellent point for those with a sound mind like you and I but for the bully-boy it means everything.

The soft-lad needs his fix of self-adulation.

He can dish it out but he can't take it - he flounces and takes his henchmen with him

As a proud prog goon I say good riddance

Prog threads will be even better without him

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 15 Jan 2019, 09:33

The Modernist wrote:
Copehead wrote:So apparently what had gone wrong with YY was people disagreed with Coan and now he has set up a board where people don’t disagree with him.
Is that right?

No. Try again.

What other reason could there be for him replicating YY but under his authority?

It isn't to talk about stuff that wasn't talked about on YY it was obviously so that the stuff he doesn't want to talk about isn't talked about.

Try starting a load of Prog threads over on "Puberty" and see how long you last :)

Penk!
Midnight to Six Man

Postby Penk! » 15 Jan 2019, 09:38

Copehead wrote:What other reason could there be for him replicating YY but under his authority?

It isn't "under his authority" any more than BCB is under Jethro's "authority". Coan has complained for years that the music talk on BCB has died a death - even you yourself have said you don't bother posting on YY any more - and there are a lot of us who largely or partly agree that anything interesting swiftly gets buried under all the prog, RIP, "now playing - secondhand coloured vinyl only edition" and other tedium.

Yes John can be a knob, we all know that, even John himself, but there's nothing sinister or dictatorial about his setting up a new board. It's just an attempt to get away from the bloated mess that the main part of BCB is these days.
fange wrote:One of the things i really dislike in this life is people raising their voices in German.

copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Postby copehead » 15 Jan 2019, 10:16

PENK wrote:
Copehead wrote:What other reason could there be for him replicating YY but under his authority?

It isn't "under his authority" any more than BCB is under Jethro's "authority".

So that is under his authority then. Jethro has summarily banned people like Yellow Jacket, Googa and Skope from here.

Coan has complained for years that the music talk on BCB has died a death - even you yourself have said you don't bother posting on YY any more - and there are a lot of us who largely or partly agree that anything interesting swiftly gets buried under all the prog, RIP, "now playing - secondhand coloured vinyl only edition" and other tedium.

So again it looks like you agree with me, he is replicating YY but removing the stuff he doesn't want to talk about.
It just looks utterly pointless and says more about his inability to deal with people who like different sorts of music rather than a real desire to talk more about the sort of music he likes, which is totally available to him on YY.

Th reason YY is moribund is not that people who like prog post there, it is because we have talked about almost anything and everything we want to talk about, starting up a new board with the same people isn't going to change that, there will be a initial burst of enthusiasm and then it will be just like YY without the prog.

Yes John can be a knob, we all know that, even John himself, but there's nothing sinister or dictatorial about his setting up a new board. It's just an attempt to get away from the bloated mess that the main part of BCB is these days.

I get he loves music but he is also highly intolerant of music as well and I don't see how setting up a board that is broadly based around his musical tastes is going to achieve in the long term

Purgatory Brite

Postby Purgatory Brite » 15 Jan 2019, 10:21

PENK wrote:anything interesting swiftly gets buried under all the prog

This isn't an accurate statement is it? As I write this, there are only 7 prog related posts on page 1 of YY. Admittedly there have been more at various times, but is ludicrous to claim that prog drowns out every other genre of popular music.

I suppose it doesn't help that the (real) Carlsson posts in a passive aggressive and stilted style which is off-putting to even hardcore prog fans. He has even carried this approach over to his postings in the Facebook group for readers of Prog magazine. I find his calling Coan a bully a bit rich when he seems to ignore this behaviour in his own postings.

C
Robust

Postby C » 15 Jan 2019, 10:34

PENK wrote:anything interesting swiftly gets buried under all the prog […] and other tedium.

You know I just don't get this (and the same would apply if you replaced 'prog' with 'jazz' or 'rap'). Folk posts these threads because they are interested in the music and others respond positively and intelligently. Look at the threads and you see they are started by a range of people. I am always of the view is why should I be bothered by what threads other folk start and if I am not interested then I give it a wide berth.

The bully-boy can't do that he has to join the said thread and chuck in two penneth of vitriol. Why, because he is a sad fucque.

Sad fucque aside he, like any other person, has the ability to scroll down the page - you rarely have to go to the second page- I just don't get it!

Even when the soft-lad posts up/resurrects a plethora of say, anti-prog threads - so what? It doesn't bother me - I can just scroll down below them. No big deal.

Copey's thread is spot on, of course the misfit started an alternative forum so he could have complete control - he is a controlling bounder who cries like a baby when he doesn't get his own way.

Of course he has 'authority' - to say he hasn't is ludicrous. I tried to post something over there and he banned me :lol:

He is in complete control and his henchmen go along with it.

A pathetic man - good riddance to bad rubbish as Tobias Smollett said.

Give the soft-lad another box of tissues - boo hoo

Last edited by C on 15 Jan 2019, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Nextdoorland”