Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
copehead
BCB Cup Stalinist

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby copehead » 15 Aug 2018, 22:17

LeBaron wrote:Well I, for one, am sure as shit interested in what the Manafort jury does! We shall see ...

Won't they just make a partisan split straight down the middle like the country, what was the demographic of the area they were drawn from?
Dancing in the streets of Hyannis

Bear baiting & dog fights a speciality.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 15 Aug 2018, 22:20

Copehead wrote:
LeBaron wrote:Well I, for one, am sure as shit interested in what the Manafort jury does! We shall see ...

Won't they just make a partisan split straight down the middle like the country, what was the demographic of the area they were drawn from?

I think it’s in Northern Virginia, which is full of affluent professionals. I’m not quite so cynical, but a hung jury wouldn’t surprise me.

That judge is gonna be PISSED if the jury hangs. :lol:
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Aug 2018, 20:13

Jeez, I hate to do this to y'all :cry:

Russian Collusion: It Was Hillary Clinton All Along

8/13/2018

Russia Investigation: It's beginning to look as if claims of monstrous collusion between Russian officials and U.S. political operatives were true. But it wasn't Donald Trump who was guilty of Russian collusion. It was Hillary Clinton and U.S. intelligence officials who worked with Russians and others to entrap Trump.

That's the stunning conclusion of a RealClear Investigations report by Lee Smith, who looked in-depth at the controversial June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between officials of then-candidate Donald Trump's campaign staff and a Russian lawyer known to have ties with high-level officials in Vladimir Putin's government.

The media have spun a tale of Trump selling his soul to the Russians for campaign dirt to use against Hillary, beginning with the now-infamous Trump Tower meeting.

But "a growing body of evidence ... indicates that the meeting may have been a setup — part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials," wrote Smith...... https://www.investors.com/politics/edit ... y-clinton/

2016 Trump Tower Meeting Looks Increasingly Like a Setup by Russian and Clinton Operatives

By Lee Smith, RealClearInvestigations

August 13, 2018

The June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between high-ranking members of the Republican presidential campaign staff and a Russian lawyer with Kremlin ties remains the cornerstone of claims that Donald Trump colluded with Russia to steal the election.

A growing body of evidence, however, indicates that the meeting may have been a setup -- part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials. This view, that the real collusion may have taken place among those who arranged the meeting rather than the Trump officials who agreed to attend it, is supported by two disparate lines of evidence pulled together for the first time here: newly released records and a pattern of efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia.....https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... setup.html
Question authority.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Aug 2018, 21:06

So, although Jr. & Co. met with actual Russians to try to sway the election results, it wasn't their fault? Got it.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Diamond Dog
"Self Quoter" Extraordinaire.

Postby Diamond Dog » 16 Aug 2018, 21:21

Wally Bingbang wrote:So, although Jr. & Co. met with actual Russians to try to sway the election results, it wasn't their fault? Got it.

I'm not sure how much clearer it can get, Harv.
Nicotine, valium, vicadin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol -
Cocaine

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 16 Aug 2018, 21:28

Wally Bingbang wrote:So, although Jr. & Co. met with actual Russians to try to sway the election results, it wasn't their fault? Got it.

Yeah, actual Russians promising opposition research who were sent by Clinton and the FBI. And it was free! Clinton paid a million bucks - to Russians - to set up this meet.
Last edited by Jimbo on 16 Aug 2018, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Question authority.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 16 Aug 2018, 21:29

I think I'm getting closer to a glimpse of the man behind the curtain!

Lord-a-mighty! I'm coming home, Jimbo!
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 16 Aug 2018, 21:41

LeBaron wrote:
Copehead wrote:

I think it’s in Northern Virginia, which is full of affluent professionals. I’m not quite so cynical, but a hung jury wouldn’t surprise me.

That judge is gonna be PISSED if the jury hangs. :lol:

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?

I mean, I know there are a lot of charges, but apparently it's not a no-brainer for the jury.
Last edited by Snarfyguy on 17 Aug 2018, 15:41, edited 2 times in total.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 17 Aug 2018, 00:20

Apparently there’s a jury question about reasonable doubt.

Also, the judge just read them the instructions and didn’t give the jury their instructions in writing. Now that IS fuckef up!
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 17 Aug 2018, 05:46

LeBaron wrote:Apparently there’s a jury question about reasonable doubt.

I always liked that one but Jay-Z really came into his own on The Blueprint (maybe Hard Knock Life).

Jeez, you'd think a jury would have a have a clue!
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 17 Aug 2018, 23:45

An 11-year-old changed election results on a replica Florida state website in under 10 minutes
Nation Aug 12, 2018 5:00 PM EDT https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/an- ... 10-minutes

Russia!!!!

:roll:

Question authority.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Aug 2018, 00:19

No one has claimed that anyone "hacked election results" in connection with Mueller's investigation.
GoogaMooga wrote: The further away from home you go, the greater the risk of getting stuck there.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Aug 2018, 00:28

Count Machuki wrote:
LeBaron wrote:Apparently there’s a jury question about reasonable doubt.

I always liked that one but Jay-Z really came into his own on The Blueprint (maybe Hard Knock Life).

Jeez, you'd think a jury would have a have a clue!

What’s weird here is that the judge didn’t give them a written jury charge. The jury charge is super important. It lays out the law the jury needs to guide them and the elements the prosecution needs to prove for each charge. In a straightforward murder case in my jurisdiction, it might be six or ten pages long and very dense legal shit. It’s insane enough to presume that jurors read it and understand it. But it’s even crazier that the judge would just read it to them and not give them a written charge to refer to. We don’t define reasonable doubt in our jurisdiction, but it sounds like the judge defined it here. If you’re in a room with 11 other people arguing about this stuff, you’d want a definition to refer to if the judge had read one in and amongst a blizzard of legalese.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Aug 2018, 00:39

Snarfyguy wrote:No one has claimed that anyone "hacked election results" in connection with Mueller's investigation.

:roll:

But but but Russia hacked! And don't you dare ignore the claim that states were hacked by the Russians.

Russia's US election meddling was much more widespread than the public has been told, according to a report from Bloomberg. Hackers attacked voting systems in 39 states, accessed campaign finance databases in one state and tried to delete or alter voter data in Illinois. While officials don't believe the attackers changed any results, the situation was serious enough that President Obama took the unusual step of complaining to the Kremlin on "red phone" back channels.

The larger point is that while you are looking outside for a reason why Hillary lost you are not looking inside. Go ahead and blame Russia for giving us Donald Trump. Trump was an inside job.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Aug 2018, 00:39

Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Aug 2018, 00:53

LeBaron wrote:What’s weird here is that the judge didn’t give them a written jury charge.

A federal judge?

Sorry, Baron, but the way you went off on how stalwart were our federal judges some posts back - while I am sure they are as weakened and corrupted by politics and money as anyone could be - makes your wingeing here a little hypocritical.

Just speculating here but if they can't find Manafort guilty of treason or "collusion" with Russians, maybe a simple corruption charge would open up a can of worms exposing all sorts of powerful people - federal judges, perhaps - to similar charges and lordy lordy! Gambling in Casablanca???
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 18 Aug 2018, 01:11

You aren’t making sense, Jimbo.

I’m not whinging about anything. I really don’t care what happens in this trial, or any trial, for that matter. I would like Manafort to be found guilty, but only because Trump will have to shut the fuck up, but if he walks, that’s cool too. I have great respect for unanimous not guilty verdicts. It’s much more likely that the jury will hang up and they’ll have to try him again.

In this case, I’m explaining why the jury might have lots of questions during their deliberations and answering Count’s bewilderment about how they could have a question about reasonable doubt.

This judge is exhibit a of a federal judge who does what he wants and doesn’t take shit from anyone about anything. That’s pretty obvious, I think.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 18 Aug 2018, 02:10

Jimbo wrote:The larger point is that while you are looking outside for a reason why Hillary lost you are not looking inside. Go ahead and blame Russia for giving us Donald Trump. Trump was an inside job.

But I'm not looking for a reason why Hillary lost. There are plenty of valid reasons for the outcome.

Whether "Russia" was instrumental to the outcome is incidental. Whether Trump's camp gave them any help is the operative question.

Snarfyguy
Dominated by the Obscure

Postby Snarfyguy » 19 Aug 2018, 19:04

Sneelock

Postby Sneelock » 19 Aug 2018, 20:07

Two things to mention aboutTRUMP’s tweets discrediting the story. One - he obviously neither read the piece or properly comprehended it’s contents. Two - he calls John Dean a “RAT”. That’s a very interesting choice of words, don’t you think?
uggy poopy doody.

Return to “Nextdoorland”