Former President Donald J. Trump

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 04:13

Bitch all you want about Trump but forget about a better America if you think Pelosi and the equally corrupt Democrats are going to save us. Truthout and Mother Jones are your sources? My god, what ineffectual disappointing Russia-gate supporting propaganda rags they became. Really. They used to be the left's vanguard. Now they're lapdogs for the Democrats. My god, if the Dems thought Trump is so evil why did they go along with his $738 billion defense budget? Why'd they renew the Patriot act? Why'd they mount this impeachment dumb show when they KNOW it'll never pass in the Senate. Trump's wall!!! How about the Democratic party getting behind some candidates who could beat Trump in the election? Yeah, Bernie. Yeah, Tulsi. Instead, if the impeachment goes ahead Bernie and other senators in the running will be tied up in hearings and not on the campaign trail. The Pelosi Dems WANT TO LOSE.

Here's Mother Jones lamenting the loss of the Democrats "Progressive defense bill." This is hilarious.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... gressives/
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 04:55

And I don't know if a Democrat or a Republican is responsible for this Social Security money saver but because most of my working life was spent outside the US I am entitled to receive only the least money one can get from SS, which ain't much but better than a kick in the ass. But here comes that kick. Because I receive Japanese social security the US calls that small remittance a "windfall" and cuts my US money in half. If Trump is cutting even more benefits that is a shame for the needy but George Carlin predicted long ago about how they were coming for our pensions, our Social Security, how they want it all and how they will finally get it.

Question authority.

Six String

Postby Six String » 18 Dec 2019, 05:34

You and Trump are in the same sad circle.
Everything is broken
B. Dylan

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 06:32

Six String wrote:You and Trump are in the same sad circle.

No. You are.
Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Dec 2019, 12:26

Jimbo wrote:

No. You are.

Good morning kindergartners .. class is about to begin.
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 13:31

Flower wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

No. You are.

Good morning kindergartners .. class is about to begin.

Just as I had thought.

Before this becomes a thing, Flower, I was being snarky, sarcastically pretending to be like a kindergartner in response to Six String's vacuous response. What I should have written is that it could be that it is too hard for Six String to make a case for the resistance, for the hawkish, more conservative wing of the supposedly liberal party and so I get empty, melodramatic responses like his. No doubt Trump is an asshole but so are Pelosi, Schiff and the horrid media and deep state actors who are leading you astray. There is an information battle going on for hearts and minds and it is incumbent to try and see who is feeding you this information. It's a crying shame that formerly liberal outlets like MSNBC, Mother Jones and Truth Out, even Democracy Now are now reactionary Trump haters.

Big picture, America needs an enemy and terrorism is not working and so the US wants a war with Russia - and China. Pelosi herself admitted the impeachment has nothing really to do with Ukraine, that it's all about Russia. This is the same Russia which was largely vindicated by Mueller. I know you don't like that answer but it is true. They got nothing on Russia or Putin. If you are sure otherwise tell me a specific instance and we can discuss. I thought the Russia thing was done but somehow Russia, Russia, Russia is percolating back onto our telescreens for our Moments of Hate. I strongly urge you to choose your media more wisely and trust me when I suggest that if whomever you are reading, listening to or watching starts hating on Russia flip the page, spin the dial or change the channel.
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 13:34

Question authority.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Dec 2019, 14:50

Jimbo .... my remark was an attempt at humor. At times, humor can defuse what is sliding into a "thing" .. The truth is the above posts that I quoted, did sound like schoolyard taunts. :P

Hightea

Postby Hightea » 18 Dec 2019, 15:29

Jimbo wrote:And I don't know if a Democrat or a Republican is responsible for this Social Security money saver but because most of my working life was spent outside the US I am entitled to receive only the least money one can get from SS, which ain't much but better than a kick in the ass.But here comes that kick. Because I receive Japanese social security the US calls that small remittance a "windfall" and cuts my US money in half.

you left and worked elsewhere why should you get more? It's one thing if you retired overseas its another if you left to get work elsewhere where you should get the benefits of the country you now work for.

Jimbo wrote:If Trump is cutting even more benefits that is a shame for the needy "
like all republican ideas, strip from the common law employee and then that money can be used for tax savings for the rich. Another reason to get these jerks out of office.

Flower

Postby Flower » 18 Dec 2019, 19:37

I totally agree with what Hightea said in the above post.

I also agree with Jimbo on the importance of having an enemy, which is fodder for a separate thread.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 21:42

Hightea wrote:
Jimbo wrote:And I don't know if a Democrat or a Republican is responsible for this Social Security money saver but because most of my working life was spent outside the US I am entitled to receive only the least money one can get from SS, which ain't much but better than a kick in the ass.But here comes that kick. Because I receive Japanese social security the US calls that small remittance a "windfall" and cuts my US money in half.

you left and worked elsewhere why should you get more? It's one thing if you retired overseas its another if you left to get work elsewhere where you should get the benefits of the country you now work for.

Jimbo wrote:If Trump is cutting even more benefits that is a shame for the needy "
like all republican ideas, strip from the common law employee and then that money can be used for tax savings for the rich. Another reason to get these jerks out of office.

I went and looked up the SS Windfall Tax and it isn't because I worked outside the country. As I understood it, anyone who is receiving two pensions - one of which is fairly meaty - then you may lose up to half of your SS payment. I lost half. I had always thought it was nuts that rich people were as entitled to their SS as the poor but if that's what it took to keep SS "fair" who was I to argue. But I ain't rich. I squeaked into US SS eligibility for working the requisite 20 years and then into the Japanese system for 25 more years. (Man, I'm old). Japanese SS pays less than US SS and so the two together would have been nice. But I'm not complaining. The current one and a half SSs are way better than nothing. Nonetheless, I was thrown for a loop when my US SS was reduced, George Carlin's words played in my head. "Big club. You ain't in it." BTW, this rule was introduced by Reagan along with raising the eligibility age. Republicans. :x

https://www.aarp.org/retirement/social- ... provision/
Question authority.

toomanyhatz
Power-mad king of the WCC
Location: Just east of where Charlie Parker went to do some relaxin'

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 22:17

Flower wrote:I also agree with Jimbo on the importance of having an enemy, which is fodder for a separate thread.

I do too - though I'm not sure I see it in the same places he does.

The thing that I think he's determined to not get is this:

Let's just concede that the entire American political system is geared toward wealth, which is easily found in weapons manufacturing and sales, which keeps us in a constant state of war. Now:

a) What are you going to do about it now that it's been entrenched in our system for, at minimum 70 years?

and

b) If they're all war-mongers, you gonna vote for the war monger that wants to take your social security, your voting rights, and a woman's right to choose, or the one that wants to preserve them?

And no, neither Bernie nor Tulsi is going to be able to reverse 70 years of history on their own, even if they were to be elected, which they won't be.
Footy wrote:
The Who / Jimi Hendrix Experience Saville Theatre, London Jan '67
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

1959 1963 1965 1966 1974 1977 1978 1981 1988 2017* 2018 2020!! 2023?

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 22:39

toomanyhatz wrote: And no, neither Bernie nor Tulsi is going to be able to reverse 70 years of history on their own, even if they were to be elected, which they won't be.

Tulsi especially is echoing the policy that Trump had promised: ending regime change wars and bettering health care. To be honest, I kind of hoped Trump would somehow deliver in a "Nixon goes to China" way. That attitude pissed off a lot of you guys, especially Diamond Dog. Nonetheless, ending stupid wars and Medicare for all are still laudable goals. If Bernie and Tulsi stick to their guns, not get distracted by the smears and lies, hang tough, show that they mean business (because they do!) Tulsi and or Bernie will lose to Trump by a lesser number than any other candidate might. :(
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 22:53

Oh, and...

I haven't seen any particular machinations from Schiff or Pelosi as far as supporting the war machine, but even if they have that in no way means they don't have a legitimate case against our grifter president. And they understand protocol a whole hell of a lot better than he does.
Footy wrote:
. Got Jimi's autograph after the show and went on to see him several times that year

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 18 Dec 2019, 23:34

toomanyhatz wrote:Oh, and...

I haven't seen any particular machinations from Schiff or Pelosi as far as supporting the war machine, but even if they have that in no way means they don't have a legitimate case against our grifter president. And they understand protocol a whole hell of a lot better than he does.

Protocol, we don't need no stinkin' protocol.

Had Schiff or Pelosi an anti-war bent, which is the best bent I hope you would agree, then they'd impeach Trump based upon his war crimes and not his nebulous Ukrainian phone call. That they're worried the Ukrainians didn't get our million dollar missile systems on time shows their hawkish bent. That Trump had sent missiles into Syria based on an US promoted lie that Assad gassed his own people is a war crime - one that Pelosi and Schiff stupidly overlook.
Question authority.

toomanyhatz

Postby toomanyhatz » 18 Dec 2019, 23:57

Jimbo wrote:Protocol, we don't need no stinkin' protocol.

To impeach someone?

You sure as fuck do.

Hell, I'd love to impeach him just for being unprofessional, but I think they probably know a little more about it than I do. And a lot more than you.

And you can't just call something a war crime 'cause you don't like killing. You have to prove a case. Again, forgive me if I trust them just a little bit more about how to do that than you.
Footy wrote:

Count Machuki
BCB Cup Champion 2013

Postby Count Machuki » 19 Dec 2019, 02:51

I wonder what Trump's next impeachment will be about.
Let U be the set of all united sets, K be the set of the kids and D be the set of things divided.
Then it follows that ∀ k ∈ K: K ∈ U ⇒ k ∉ D

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Dec 2019, 03:50

My Tulsi standing up against the establishment and votes "present." I'd have voted "no". Let's vote the bastard out of office with an election. But if Tulsi thinks a "present' vote is good it probably is. Like Hatz sez, Jimbo don't know shit. But Tulsi, she knows a thing or two.

“One may not always agree with my decision, but everyone should know that I will always do what I believe to be right for the country that I love,” she said. “After doing my due diligence in reviewing the 658-page impeachment report, I came to the conclusion that I could not in good conscience vote either yes or no.”
Question authority.

Jimbo
Dribbling idiot airhead

Postby Jimbo » 19 Dec 2019, 03:59

Count Machuki wrote:I wonder what Trump's next impeachment will be about.

Wanton destruction of the planet. Trump's hairspray is bad for the ozone level.
Question authority.

BARON CORNY DOG
Diamond Geezer

Postby BARON CORNY DOG » 19 Dec 2019, 04:08

It would be hilarious if Pelosi beat Mitch at his own game holding back the articles of impeachment and cutting them
loose if the Democrats re-take the Senate. That would also require DJT to be re-elected, of course. But it would also prevent a sham acquittal.

Or maybe she just wants Rudy to implode a little more and see what shakes loose.
take5_d_shorterer wrote:If John Bonham simply didn't listen to enough Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie Mctell, that's his doing.

Return to “Nextdoorland”