Weird dreams

in reality, all of this has been a total load of old bollocks
sloopjohnc

Weird dreams

Postby sloopjohnc » 12 Jan 2016, 17:22

Last night, I dreamed I was vacationing in Pennsylvania at a campground. While I was walking around the nearby small town, I saw some homeless guys driving a car like mine down the main street and thought, "That looks a lot like my car." When I got back to the campground, an old friend of mine said the homeless guys who were living in an abandoned motor home at the campground were trying to steal his car. I looked for my car and the homeless guys said they'd driven it off a railroad bridge. I woke up thinking I'd have to buy a new car until I realized it was a dream.
Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!

souphound
World Class Ignoramus

Re: Weird dreams

Postby souphound » 12 Jan 2016, 17:42

:lol: :lol:

New meds?
Footy wrote:Last week, I discovered that the cordless drill I bought about 5 years ago is, in fact, a cordless screwdiver.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Jan 2016, 21:17

Several nights ago I had a dream that must have been influenced by the recent t.v. adaptation of "Childhood's End." In it, I and some other people were in a one-room house/building, while outside we could see some alien/people standing frozen, facing away from us. Then they started talking among themselves secretively, apparently with some plans regarding us, who were prisoners in the house. Finally their leader came inside and starts selecting people (for execution?) She pointed at me and angrily shouted "Him!" So I was thinking, "That's no good." I ran out of the house and the alien/people were charging me and others in these clunky looking Star Wars landspeeder things. I discovered that you could sabotage them by grabbing a handful of sand and throwing it into the engines.
Where would rock 'n' roll be without feedback?

Guy E

Postby Guy E » 12 Jan 2016, 21:42

sloopjohnc wrote:Last night, I dreamed I was vacationing in Pennsylvania at a campground. While I was walking around the nearby small town, I saw some homeless guys driving a car like mine down the main street and thought, "That looks a lot like my car." When I got back to the campground, an old friend of mine said the homeless guys who were living in an abandoned motor home at the campground were trying to steal his car. I looked for my car and the homeless guys said they'd driven it off a railroad bridge. I woke up thinking I'd have to buy a new car until I realized it was a dream.

I hate it when those homeless guys invade my dreams!
["Minnie the Stalker"]The first time that we met I knew I was going to make him mine.

Dr Markus

Postby Dr Markus » 12 Jan 2016, 21:56

Too many messed up and fucked up dreams to mention. Some times i just startle myself away. :?
Drama Queenie wrote:You are a chauvinist of the quaintest kind. About as threatening as Jack Duckworth, you are a harmless relic of that cherished era when things were 'different'. Now get back to drawing a moustache on that page three model

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 12 Jan 2016, 22:08

sloopjohnc wrote:Last night, I dreamed I was vacationing in Pennsylvania at a campground. While I was walking around the nearby small town, I saw some homeless guys driving a car like mine down the main street and thought, "That looks a lot like my car." When I got back to the campground, an old friend of mine said the homeless guys who were living in an abandoned motor home at the campground were trying to steal his car. I looked for my car and the homeless guys said they'd driven it off a railroad bridge. I woke up thinking I'd have to buy a new car until I realized it was a dream.

I've had more than one dream where my wheels get stolen. Thieving bastards in my dreams! :evil:

king feeb
He's the consultant of swing

Postby king feeb » 13 Jan 2016, 07:38

A few weeks back, I had surgery, and was on a well-known pain reliever for a week or so afterwards. During that week, I had some of the strangest dreams I've ever experienced.

The most head-scratching one: disgraced former Subway spokesperson Jared Fogel had escaped from prison. Somehow, Jared had broken into my apartment and was hiding in the tiny utility closet where the water heater is. I decided I had to capture him... for one thing, I couldn't find Sonny the cat, and I was worried that Jared was holding him hostage or something even worse! So I opened the knife drawer in the kitchen, but there are no knives there, only meat tenderizing hammers. I grab two of them. I suppose I intended to tenderize the bastard. Anyway, suitably armed, I went to the utility closet and opened the door. It was slow and creaky, like a horror movie from the 50s. I realized that Jared is not in the closet at all... but Cap'n Crunch is!

"Gaze into the eyes of the Elder God."

Cap'n Crunch pulls a gun on me and shoots. But instead of hot lead death, a big cartoon tongue flaps out of the end of his gun barrel. Then I trip on the litter box, falling backward. My legs spazzed involuntarily in the bed, waking me up. Thank Jah!

A couple of nights later, I had a dream that I was in my local grocery store looking at soup. Examining various cans of soup. At the grocery store. For what seemed like many many hours. Looking at soup. Campbell's, Progresso, Kroger, that cheap, generic crap with the stupid owl on the label. Chunky n’ hearty, home-style, low sodium, low fat, chowder. Various soup. All night long. So many different cans of soup. Soup. Just looking at soup, thank you.

It was a goddamn relief to wake up after that shit. I still felt amazingly tired though.
You'd pay big bucks to know what you really think.

Flower

Postby Flower » 13 Jan 2016, 12:03

When I was about six years old, I had my first 'strange' dream. I dreamt that I was a white rabbit, very scared and on a neighbor's strip of lawn around the corner. .. The neighbor was a widow with a deaf son and I was scared of them in real life... There were other white rabbits on the lawn and then I was inside their house and a nice looking man with dark hair was sitting on a chair watching over me. He didn't say anything but was protecting me in some way. The weird part is that this man appeared in at least a dozen dreams over the next twenty years and would just be watching over me and never said anything.

I was thinking of this last night as I fell asleep and had a really weird dream. In real life, my ex-husband married a short chubby blonde woman the minute that our divorce became final. She was older than us and had a hysterectomy, neither of my ex's parents had a sister. My ex and his wife live in Georgia.

My dream was this ...

I was in New Orleans for a conference of some sort and my ex contacted me to come to his house in Mid-City as I had scheduled a few extra days after the conference. I took the Canal Streetcar to his house where his two elderly aunts were delighted to see me, they were much like Mildred Natwick and we instantly bonded. My ex also had ten year old twins (a boy and a girl) who also bonded with me. He also had a surly fourteen year old son who was hostile towards me. At some point I passed a bathroom where all three children were taking a bath together, the surly fourteen year old saw me and slammed the door. It was time for me to leave but the aunts insisted that I meet them the next day for breakfast at Rick's Pancake House and that they still had the $3.99 pancake special. After chatting some more with the aunts, I was about to leave when the second wife came out of the bedroom where she was the entire time .. she was now short, skinny with strange brown hair and was very dour.. I told her that it was a pleasure meeting her and went to hug her (I'm not a huggy person) and she backed away and went back to the bedroom and slammed the door. I chatted with the aunts for a bit and the went to take the streetcar back to the French Quarter. I let a few go by as I was waiting for someone but it was unclear if it was my ex or someone else. Fade to black
If love could've saved you, you would've lived forever.

Charlie O.

Postby Charlie O. » 13 Jan 2016, 14:09

I had this one last night/this morning... this is just a small part of it, and I wish I could remember the rest now - I think some BCB-ers may have been involved somehow...

Anyway, I was walking on a path in this large, public park, on an overcast but otherwise pleasant day. To my right there was a fenced-in field with horses grazing. I soon came to a fork in the path - I could go left, or continue straight. Straight ahead I saw some horses with people riding 'em and decided that must be the horse-riders path and the left path must be the pedestrians path, so I turned left.

Almost immediately, I was set upon by three friendly cats. Two of them were clearly kittens; the third may have been a kitten too, but she was huge - fat, and huge otherwise too. "Mrao," I said, as is my wont when around cats, and they responded more or less in kind. I squatted down to pet them, and the huge one put her front paws up on my lap and said "Hello." It was kind of like in those YouTube videos where they show a dog or cat that seems to say "Hello" except that this was an uncommonly articulate "Hello" for a cat. I said "Hello" back. She said "Hello" again, and I said "Hello" again. Then she said "Do you like to fight??" - eagerly, but in a friendly tone, as if she was asking if I had any yarn we could play with. She had a warm, feminine cadence, like an actress doing the voice of a cat in an animated feature. I chuckled, a little nervously, and said "No, I really prefer not to!" She changed the subject, and we had a nice, friendly conversation that I can't remember the rest of now. Then I woke up.

_
Last edited by Charlie O. on 16 Nov 2016, 01:31, edited 1 time in total.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jan 2016, 16:15

In high school, I kept a dream journal for extra credit in my psychology elective class. I had the alarm set for 4 am and a notebook by my bed where I'd write down what I was dreaming that night. I also had to read a book on symbolism in dreams - it was interesting.

Last night, I had lots of dreams. The one dream I can remember is we were at a hotel/resort for my mom's funeral. The resort was like a Vegas hotel with lots of restaurants inside. I asked my cousin if he wanted to get something to eat and the only place open was a Mexican restaurant. I wanted to go to the bathroom first, but the men's room was tiny after it took a long time finding it.

The food didn't look too great so we went outside where the funeral reception was going on. The outside of the resort was tropical themed, which was weird because the inside of the hotel was medieval themed. Anyhoo, I went to the buffet line and my aunt asked me to make her a salad and bring it out to her. I did and when I turned my back, some teenager took it. I told him I had made the plate for my aunt, but he kept the plate, and his brothers, who I didn't recognize from any side of the family, started laughing. I challenged him to a fight and he went to another side of the room to eat the salad. On the way across the other side of the room, he dropped the salad on the floor and I told him to clean it up because it looked like he wasn't. Again, I challenged him to a fight and he got up, tried staring me down, but I was a foot taller than him. Then he began doing some kung fu moves to show me he was a good fighter, but I didn't flinch and stood my ground.

Then I woke up.

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jan 2016, 16:15

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jan 2016, 16:24

king feeb wrote:Somehow, Jared had broken into my apartment and was hiding in the tiny utility closet where the water heater is. I decided I had to capture him... for one thing, I couldn't find Sonny the cat, and I was worried that Jared was holding him hostage or something even worse!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 13 Jan 2016, 16:26

king feeb wrote:A couple of nights later, I had a dream that I was in my local grocery store looking at soup. Examining various cans of soup. At the grocery store. For what seemed like many many hours. Looking at soup. Campbell's, Progresso, Kroger, that cheap, generic crap with the stupid owl on the label. Chunky n’ hearty, home-style, low sodium, low fat, chowder. Various soup. All night long. So many different cans of soup. Soup. Just looking at soup, thank you.

It was a goddamn relief to wake up after that shit. I still felt amazingly tired though.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 21 Jan 2016, 15:56

Last night: I had contracted some weird condition like acromeglaly which caused me to grow several inches in height, but which also pursed my lips and moved my mouth to the side so that it wasn't directly under my nose.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 25 Apr 2016, 00:02

I had a weird musical dream last night. I dreamt that I had gone to a Kraftwerk concert as kind of an office party held in an upper floor of a highrise building. I got separated from my girlfriend when I was having problems finding a place to park my car (somehow I had driven my car up to the floor where the concert was to take place before realizing there was no place to park there). I went into the auditorium where Kraftwerk was playing. Their lead singer was a very short blond guy, almost a dwarf. He came up to various members of the audience and exhorted them to sing along. He came up to me and I sang along to an instrumental bit just singing "la la la's" or whatever while dancing in place. They were projecting old films of vintage passenger airplane from the 40's or 50's on the wall behind them.

harvey k-tel
Long Player

Postby harvey k-tel » 25 Apr 2016, 14:09

Last night I dreamt that I was in some sort of museum room in Japan that was full of old antique Japanese porcelain stuff, but the walls were covered in rare first-pressings of classic rock albums, when all of a sudden a group of very angry Japanese people burst in and started ripping the albums off the walls and smashing them and beating them with umbrellas. I got so enraged that I was screaming at them, calling them cunts until I was hoarse and couldn't even talk and then set about smashing all the porcelain pieces and knocking furniture over. I woke up with my heart racing.
Tempora mutatur et nos mutamur in illis

Minnie the Minx
funky thigh collector

Postby Minnie the Minx » 25 Apr 2016, 14:30

On Saturday I dreamt that Baron started taking heroin. When I confronted him about it he did that duck's beak mouth thing with his fingers and went 'blah blah blah'.
You come at the Queen, you best not miss.

Dr Markus wrote:
Someone in your line of work usually as their own man cave aka the shed we're they can potter around fixing stuff or something don't they?

Flower wrote:I just did a google search.

Phil T

Postby Phil T » 25 Apr 2016, 15:46

I had a dream a couple of nights ago where I was standing on a dockside somewhere, being loudly berated by Nerys Hughes. For what, I don't know.
This was the younger, Liver Birds-era Nerys Hughes.... which is odd, as I never could stand the woman, young or old.
:?

sloopjohnc

Postby sloopjohnc » 25 Apr 2016, 16:46

Gullible Punter wrote:On Saturday I dreamt that Baron started taking heroin. When I confronted him about it he did that duck's beak mouth thing with his fingers and went 'blah blah blah'.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

it would be funny if he turned into a duck that shot up heroin.

I've been having very weird dreams lately - Last night I had a dream that my daughter won the lottery to go up in one of Elon Musk's new rockets and I was trying to convince her that none of their other rockets had been manned before and she had no training.

Maybe I'd been thinking about my daughter because I had to unclog her bathroom's sink from all her hair and had bought a plastic drain snake and drano to fix the problem. How fixing a clogged drain translated to rockets, I have no clue.

pcqgod

Postby pcqgod » 27 Apr 2016, 02:32

Last night: I was on a beach, where I had a condo or room in a highrise building. I notice people running away from the water and see massive waves coming. It's either a tsunami or maybe a giant meteorite hit the ocean. I try to anchor myself by grabbing onto a rock, but the waves subside, so I'm no longer in danger for the present. I decide that my best course of action is to go up to my room, where any further waves won't reach me. Up in my room I look down from the balcony and the shore is flooded and smallish Godzilla-looking monsters are walking around, and then I see a large brontosaur-looking thing. They don't appear to be a danger to me but I decide to stay off the balcony in case a tall one showed up.

Return to “Nextdoorland”